Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Realm Options

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think realms should have restrictions on who is allowed to play on them. A player would be given a realm option list that they would put check marks upon that would indicate that they only wish to play on realms with those who have chat, those who are members, realms with children only, and realms with adults only, and they would be only to view those realms that comply with their options (children would not be allowed to check adults only, and adults would not be allowed to check children only). This would mean that if you play on members only realms all of your friends would be able to go to all the same areas you can. If you play on players with chat, then all the players without chat will be absent. I don't distinguish between chat and global chat as both of these account players can at least type to one another, and I find it extremely unfair that the only way to get global chat is to use a credit card (there simply is nothing adult about running up charges on credit cards).

So realm options would be:
adult only
children only
members only
family

Further filtered realm options would then be:
players with chat only
everyone

Even if all of these options weren't put into place, it still would be nice to have at least one channel that was children only, one that was members only, and one that was adult only.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
A player would be given a realm option list that they would put check marks upon that would indicate that they only wish to play on realms with those who have chat, those who are members, realms with children only, and realms with adults only, and they would be only to view those realms that comply with their options (children would not be allowed to check adults only, and adults would not be allowed to check children only).

Being a parent and having no access to where my child plays would be a great concern to me and other parents. I would not allow my daughter to play on a game that I could not monitor. It is too simple for some adult to lie about their age and get access to those areas. KI has no way of knowing who is an adult and child. This plan, although a good idea, would not be feasible to those of us (parents/guardians) who keep a close eye on their kids.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
If you pay a close eye on your kids and what I suggested is not feasible to you, then a parent's account should be given the option of having full check mark control of the family account server options, much in the same way that a vehicle driver is given master over riding control over locking everyone's doors and windows. If you don't want your children to be able to play in children only areas then you should be able to master lock them out of it and instead select to let them play in family only areas. There may not be a way to truly varify someone's age, but when everyone signs up they are made to submit a birth date for themselves (I'm sure some lie upon this), but even so that is what wizard101 has to work with and go by and it is still way better than not doing that.

What I suggest in terms of realm options is a decent way of better protecting everyone while making people more happy that they are able to play with those that are more like themselves. If you have any concerns about my realm options suggestion, be sure to let me know and I'll probably be able to come up with some way to figure out how to make everyone happy, such as a master control for parents who have the family plan.

Defender
May 02, 2010

How about just restrictions just to those with different subscription or chat options?