Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ways to better even up the current schools.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I just read a forum post topic on which schools everyone thought was the weakest in terms of pvp and game play. The main consensus was that the life school had too little damage and that the storm school had too little life to make them even with the other schools.

Life has some good blades, or at least the life players I've played with seem to have some very good blade support. I'd suggest a conversion blade for life that when active changes non-life spells into life spells. That is to say if a life player places a life conversion blade upon himself, then the next non-life attack card that is cast is converted into being a life attack. It would work as conversion, but would be go on the life player as a blade rather than being cast on a target enemy as a negative. This would serve to up the damage of life players as their secondary school attacks would be able to be plussed up by the life player's life attack damage percent.

When it comes to evening up storm, the main problem with storm is the life on it is too low. Wizard101 has nerfed the schools over time in terms of health and total life points, but storm was already pretty much where it needed to be for playability and survival, when the other schools were nerfed in terms of life points it wasn't a big deal cause they tended to have excess life in terms of playability, but when storm was nerfed in terms of life it hurt quite a bit as storm was already set to make life a point of contention or hardship. There is usually over a thousand life point difference between storm and the other classes, even my level 24 life character had more life than my level 49 storm character. I suggest upping the life on storm by 200 points, which would allow storm much more leeway in terms of what equipment they wish to use and have.

Once more I also complain about the storm's minion being inadequate. Storm's minion should be adjusted to be able to cast all protection shields upon itself rather than a single triple school protection shield. It should also be able to self-heal itself, and hopefully use myth attack spells rather than death attack spells as the conversion card given to storm school converts storm attacks into myth attacks. If the minion is to remain attacking with death magic in order to heal itself, it should be given access to vampyre, and storm school should be given a conversion of storm magic into death magic card.

Any input on these suggestions is appreciated, also if other schools are unbalanced, please list what should be done to bring the weaker character classes up to speed. With the introduction of more and more blades, the attack strength of storm school has been diminished a bit as the other schools can now hit fairly hard with such blades, but storm hasn't been given additional life to compensate. I've also noticed that when I get storm's attack targetting percentage to around 85% it still tends to fizzle more around 65% of the time, so I assume something is wrong in the game play calculations.

It seems that everyone complains about no balance defense shields making balance too strong in pvp. The problem is that with all the plus up blades that balance attacks are really strong. This game has simply put too many new blades into it making damage too extreme while dropping everyone's health, and so storm school has taken the largest comparison hit, and balance school has reaped the rewards. We don't need more stackable blades as in my opinion it makes pvp more unbalanced and far less playable.