Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop the Down ranking already!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
Today I faced 3 overpowered grandmasters but with low rank in 1v1 against my death wizard 42. I forgot the other 2 since that was like hours ago, and I kept my temper cool, but now the third one, Cameron Ironblade, made me more angry. I just said that it's not fair and cool to lower your rank and fight people like 8 levels beneath you. Then he said, that he will report me after the battle for that, All I wanted was for this Down ranking to stop! He said that I threatened him, so [ I think he reported me ], I'm not happy with this. I was 42 and he was grand, a ~100 ranking less than me and he went first too, I am trying to earn my tickets and rank the fair way, yet others want the easy, yet unfair way.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Wizards whom down-rank are losers. They cannot handle the competition when their rank is in the 4-digits. I can't handle it either, but they are good matches and I care about my win-lose record. Yes, it takes too long to get into a match as well when you have a high rank, but I want to fight someone who is tough. I figured KI helped a little with this problem by changing how the number of tickets are awarded. Sometimes I will win 20 tickets, and other times it will only be 7 tickets, instead of the used-to-be flat 10 ticket per win.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
I wouldn't be so extreme. Most people who down rank are not afraid of the competition, but just want matches period! Or they are trying to earn tickets.

I think the system is rather fair and you benefit also when they throw a match to down rank.

Don't like it? Then get better and beat them as they rank up. I have before.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
Some high lvl people are a low rank, not because they want to always win, but because they can't!

Just a thought,
Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 46 Balance/Ice
I am Balance. I have Judgement.
I am still the lowest pvp rank! LOL!

Eh... I'm just in it for the tickets anyway... for now! Muahaha!

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
hiway1999 wrote:
I wouldn't be so extreme. Most people who down rank are not afraid of the competition, but just want matches period! Or they are trying to earn tickets.

I think the system is rather fair and you benefit also when they throw a match to down rank.

Don't like it? Then get better and beat them as they rank up. I have before.

I agree i think the system is fair. I dont do ranked matches often. If i do i do them with friends so i have back up. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Excuse me, but I find this actually really weird, how you're complaining about this. XD

Maybe the Grandmaster is just starting PVP, and is TRYING to get to a higher level? Not EVERYone instantly starts with a rating of 800 just because they're a grandmaster. :-P

Anyways, I've always been pretty good at PVP, but I was wining battles against grandmasters when I was level 39. I THINK I won one when I was 35, actaully.

So yeah... maybe the people you're facing are just particularly good? And when you get into the 40s, you start facing grandmasters a lot. Just a warning.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
You're wrong. This is a cheap exploit to get more tickets...nothing more. It's no wonder there are no high level matches or that they take a long time to get. Nobody stays at the top for very long...mostly on purpose.

KI needs to stop using Rank to set matches and start using Levels. Skill shouldn't determine a bracket. Available spells and tools should.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Alright, listen. I understand that most people like this are trying to get freebie tickets, but my grandmaster death is like rank 287, no because i down rank, because i only get matched up against ice, storm, and life, and i never go first, so i lose a lot. Its not always downgrading on purpose, but i think it should be changed so its only by level, not by ranking as well.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Tell you what - you get to four-digit warlord rankings and sit around for an hour, waiting for a game. Then see how fast you downrank.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
My assumption is that since all the legitimate gripes have been fixed, we have to make up more.

Rogan Firehammer