Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big Ben Help Please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2008
Ok I only have these 3 quests left
Meowarty Hideaout,Big ben Cat & the last book in big ben.
I cannot get in to big ben at all
Do I need to beat meowarty in order to move on? Or what is it I need to do?
thanks

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Yes , when you do, you then will get quest to go to royal museum. It will look differnt than usual because Sherlock Bones will be standing there with the museum guy (can't remember his name) You will talk to him and he will first have you beat the East tower , up stairs on one side of museum, then the west, which is on other side up the stairs. After you finish both of those, you will be able to do Big Ben on the ground level floor, it is also where you'll find the cat, which is in one of the rooms about mid ways through, i believe he is behind a few crates. Just be sure to take quick glance before you proceed to next room. If you miss it, you can always run back through finished rooms to look, the enemies don't respawn. Hope this helps, good luck to you!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
The problem is there is NO Sherlock Bones in the Royal Museum so we can't get any quest to enter the counterweights. This bug happened to me to my friends and to many people. I had sent bug reports but there seem to be no fix until now. Many players are stuck there because they can't find Sherlock Bones in the museum.

I solved my problem by taking side quest, enter Kensington to take quest but leave without finishing it, change realm, restart game, etc. At last after two days I finally 'found' Sherlock Bones in the Museum.

That's not funny. That was frustating. Devs should fix this bug.
We pay here to have fun not to get stuck here and there without knowing what to do.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
I remember that. I had the same problem. Leaving and re-entering the museum didn't help, so i ran to his house (no entry), ran to the station since i knew he was there, couldn't speak to him but at least i saw him. That fixed it for me. I went back to the museum and there he was.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
Moonstone08 wrote:
Ok I only have these 3 quests left
Meowarty Hideaout.
I cannot get in to big ben at all
Do I need to beat meowarty in order to move on? Or what is it I need to do?
thanks

I could be mistaken but check your quest log for the location of Meowarty Hideaout. I'm pretty sure you just need to go do that first.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
I am having trouble too. I can not enter the Big Ben Tower to finish the quest called "Keys to Success" to open the wooden chests. I have two more quest to go: "Reading into the Past" and "Keys to Success." I really need help with "Reading into the Past." I have looked everywhere and I only found a few of History Books Civil, Hyde Park, and a couple of more. I would appriacte of someone putted a list of where the Chelsea Court, Newgate Prison, and Knight's Court. Then I will probably get to enter the Big Ben Tower if I finish the "Reading in the Past" quest. One more question, when do I get to go to Mooshu

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008

I only have Big Ben (I think) left to complete; and no matter how I put my Deck together, no matter what I have on, no matter anything, .... I keep getting killed long before I have even half-killed either the Agony Wraith or Meowairty! I cannot find anyone willing to help me, either; Everyone I know is eternally busy everywhere except anywhere near Big Ben. I actually died five times in a row on the same day, and am about to scream like nothing else in all of Wizard 101..!

Please, ... help me someone?

PS: Went through everybody else in Big Ben without needing a single Potion, so it's definately NOT a lack of firepower holding me back...

Scarlet Skullhammer (Death 32, Helephant or Ambrose)

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
big ben you say? i loved doing that! i was helping a friend but it was so fun!have you already beaten it? i am a level 24?(cant remember) pyromancer with some death and storm mixed in with lots of treasure cards(most very weak sorry!)but anyway plz post a time and date and realm and i will help! oops! frgot my name is blake lionflame!

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
I'm a level 34 ice and am getting ready to do the west counterweight now.
I'd be happy to go through Big Ben with you as I also would like help.

My ingame name is Morgan Moonwalker :)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
I'm about to do Big Ben and it sounds like some help might not be a bad idea. If anyone wants to do this quest with me I will be there about 4pm pst on Monday 2/23.

I'm a level 35 Fire/Life and go by Dakota DuskDreamer

Post a reply if interested or just meet me in front of BB at the time.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
OK. I'm going to try a Big Ben run again. I'm looking at Wednesday (2/25)night like 10pm pst. This is kind of late for most but it's the best time I'm going to have to finish the whole quest. It's the only quest left that I have so I'm hoping to finish it soon so i can go to MooShu

Also can I get people who are serious about finishing it. Last time I had 2 people say they would and after 3 rooms they bailed on me. I made it all the way to Striker or Crinker or what ever the cats name is that pops out from spilling the milk cartons, but since he is Fire and so am I, I couldn't finish killing him before I ran out of spells.

I'm a level 35 fire/life who goes by Dakota DuskDreamer.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
tilted wrote:
I made it all the way to Striker or Crinker or what ever the cats name is that pops out from spilling the milk cartons, but since he is Fire and so am I, I couldn't finish killing him before I ran out of spells.

He's Spike the Crusher, and that's what Fire Prism is for.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Good call. I forgot about that one so I'll have to add it when i get to him next time. Although I'm still looking for some help so the whole thing won't take as long.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
tilted wrote:
OK. I'm going to try a Big Ben run again. I'm looking at Wednesday (2/25)night like 10pm pst. This is kind of late for most but it's the best time I'm going to have to finish the whole quest. It's the only quest left that I have so I'm hoping to finish it soon so i can go to MooShu

Also can I get people who are serious about finishing it. Last time I had 2 people say they would and after 3 rooms they bailed on me. I made it all the way to Striker or Crinker or what ever the cats name is that pops out from spilling the milk cartons, but since he is Fire and so am I, I couldn't finish killing him before I ran out of spells.

I'm a level 35 fire/life who goes by Dakota DuskDreamer.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

You do know Spike The Crusher is an optinaol boss right? If you dont spill milk you wont battle him