Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Updates

AuthorMessage
Some updates to pets, big and small. We listened to our players and reassessed some of the features associated with the Pet Pavilion. Details below.

The prices for Hatching pets have been adjusted.

The process of pet Hatching now has a confirmation window to ensure both parties agree to the transaction.

All new level 48 quest reward pets will receive the Power Pip talent.

Life pets such as the EarthWalker will have life boosts, not Myth like some currently give.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
did the price really adjust?!? i just payed 98000 (not exact but from 98000-99000) for me to combine my helephant with a wraith.. haven't gotten the egg to hatch yet but am earnestly waiting!! and i could only do this from the crowns you gave us for the test realm 2.. just curious as to if it really is going to change?

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
I thought the hatch prices were supposed to be changed? They all look the same and high priced to me.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2009
What adjustments were made? I just paid over 105k to hatch a flamezilla and Ianthine Spectra. I hatched a plain flamezilla without even the +60 mana gift that my original flamezilla gives. I don't see any changes.. except maybe it's even more expensive and disappointing then it was before.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Haze922 wrote:
yea it seems they havent been changed

I check the price in the live and the test.
They have gone down a little.
Pets the were 95000 will only be 87000.
I do not think the people at ki get it.
They will make more money with a lower hatch price.
There will be more people buying the over price mega snack.
The more pets produce the more snacks people will by.

They have not fix that you are far more likely to get a bad pets outcome than a good one.

And that if the stats are good. You are more likely to get ability's that are of no help.

I still think that stat boosts would go on the stupid derby side and not the game side. Stat's help Derby not questing.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Actually pets do help in questing, my storm snake is Ancient, so it gives card, a health gift and the occasional storm shield called Storm aura. I don't race much anymore either. The only thing I end up liking now is the pets dancing and running around in your home in the area you put it. Hatching I never do.

I saw something about Icezilla, is that where you hatch a stormzilla and a ice collosus? < Someone answer please!!

Was planning to make one since my storm has a pet storm snake so was going to give stormzilla to my ice. Then when my ice gets collosus was going to make a hybrid myself as i don't want to waste money and the other person gets a better pet than me.

Regards,

Maryanne

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
You can get an icezilla in the game. I'm at a loss for the moment on which boss it is, but I got one. Not all that impressive in my opinion though. It's called an Icezilla and it's white, but it says that it is from the Storm school and comes with the Stormzilla spell.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
... that is just weird. ki, you need to either lower the prices AGAIN for hatching, OR have all hybrids like icezilla have a card thats the same as the species it is to make it worth its while

Matthew Seastone Lvl 33 pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
:( Why did my pet Treant loose its hit power,from 240-300 reduced to 135-235. I spend alot money for my family to play this game i would like to see a reduction in price when it comes to developing pets in the pet hatchery as well.

Thanks

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Maryanne20 wrote:
Actually pets do help in questing, my storm snake is Ancient, so it gives card, a health gift and the occasional storm shield called Storm aura. I don't race much anymore either. The only thing I end up liking now is the pets dancing and running around in your home in the area you put it. Hatching I never do.

I saw something about Icezilla, is that where you hatch a stormzilla and a ice collosus? < Someone answer please!!

Was planning to make one since my storm has a pet storm snake so was going to give stormzilla to my ice. Then when my ice gets collosus was going to make a hybrid myself as i don't want to waste money and the other person gets a better pet than me.

Regards,

Maryanne

Yes, that is one way to get an icezilla.

The frostzilla, which looks exactly the same, is dropped by the silver senteniel (sp?) in the labyrinth

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Zeke, does that mean that all existing level 48 quest pets will get the pip boost if we level them up next? Also how come I got 2 ice colossus? I have one who is ranke 52(10) and then the other says 45(9) and they both have exact same talents and the give me talents that are horrible like ice defense. I dont need that. I am already ice and have a nice resistance with my grand gear.

Survivor
May 26, 2010
OK...so my poor Mister Madison will always be useless. He's an adult. When we're in the middle of a fight ....he does some kind of dance. Guess he's nervous since I have to solo.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Gandolf619 wrote:
did the price really adjust?!? i just payed 98000 (not exact but from 98000-99000) for me to combine my helephant with a wraith.. haven't gotten the egg to hatch yet but am earnestly waiting!! and i could only do this from the crowns you gave us for the test realm 2.. just curious as to if it really is going to change?

i think it has changed i pay around 43000 it seems a lot but i know how to save if i buy a house i would at least have 20000 or at least 30000 so ya.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
A price to hach a pet is way to much i cant pay that even if i could
why would i !?! LOWER IT A LOT! i am done.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
Will the current pets be fixed?

I have the Earthwalker for my Life Wizard. After all the crowns spent on this pet, I got a plus damage to all my myth spells! LOL I have no myth spells.

I am hoping this is going to be fixed in some way. I do not want to spend crowns to buy another one, plus mega snack packs again to train it.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Cyinarra wrote:
OK...so my poor Mister Madison will always be useless. He's an adult. When we're in the middle of a fight ....he does some kind of dance. Guess he's nervous since I have to solo.

Does he give a spell cause thats what they do when they cast a spell.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
cealwutka wrote:
Will the current pets be fixed?

I have the Earthwalker for my Life Wizard. After all the crowns spent on this pet, I got a plus damage to all my myth spells! LOL I have no myth spells.

I am hoping this is going to be fixed in some way. I do not want to spend crowns to buy another one, plus mega snack packs again to train it.

Same here. Did train my pet pioneer dragon from the beta whit a Ice Chart.
Ive receved a attack % for fire spell. lol

So ive put aside the ice chart. and made a fire chart.
and yes ive lost a lot.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I really think that when the new world is coming closer that the test should go to there. the pets could be shark,starfish,and a fish. it would be real awesome if they do. :) from: joshuabattlebrand.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
i just made my icehound epic (to use card) for his "awesome" powers advertised. 100 mana boost LOL I have 460, when will that ever help? His card (must be epic) uses 7 pips for an extra 35 hit points over 6 pip hit from colossus. Average 100 hit points per pip on the collossus . Big let down KI. Oh he gives 5% power pip boost, same as my baby colossus gave me. My ice oni went ancient and got durable and no pip boost. LOL again. hours and hours playing pet games so I could get useless or pet derby talents(dont play it) sorry i wasted my time.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
To start off with let me say that I have six grand masters. :-)All but myth. You can put non-school pets in backpack and use for hatching. After two other recent consecutive failures today I thought I would depend on the fact that you cant hatch a pet you cant equip and brought my satyr and hydra with my storm to hatch, wanting a reaver; taking a chance i might get a wanderer. 50/50 right, because I can equip either on my storm. I got an ADULT hydra. WHAT IS THAT NOISE? :?

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
dear wizard101 i have played your game since it came out and never told my password to any one of course! i stopped playing for a while though and when i found out what cool pets yo can hatch with the satyr my school's pet i wanted to hatch but when i got on i had a hydra instead it kinda made me angry. Can you do any thing to get me back my Satyr? if you can tell me .

Tyler Boompetal GRandmaster life