Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOOBS in DragonSpyre

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Hmm it would depend on the player I guess. Me and a friend were questing in a dungeon in DS and a low level showed up. But he was somewhat helpful and damaged the boss a little and since he was life healed us. I have good friends who are a lower level help me so I wouldnt ban them. However I do find it annoying when someone takes advantage of you, like a person said they were battling malistaire and two people didnt help. I had a low level want help killing a boss in WC and when I showed up she didnt even bother getting in the battle ring, just stood on the side and waited for me to kill the boss.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
garyboy11 wrote:
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.

I completely agree. It's gets so irritating sometimes, like you said, especially in the Plaza of Conquests. Mostly because of the Iantine Spectre that the Gurtok Demon drops. ALL the noobs want it, and once, a couple of Apprentices joined my fight, fist time they ever fought the Gurtok Demon mind you, and it was like, my twentieth time farming him, and both of them ended up getting the Spectre, and I got boots I couldn't even use.

My wizard's name is Dylan ShadowTalon, he is a level 46 Diviner, and I am completely with the idea of making a level block on Dragonspyre.

That is so true. I'm a Grandmaster Diviner and my friend Amanda (Grandmaster Necromancer) and I were in Malistare's Lair and a level 9 noob ported to me! It was aggrivating because she took up the slot and none of my friends could port after she ditched us! I mean, her porting wasn't appreciated in the first place, but leaving us while she was at it? That's just wrong. And it aggrivates me when noobs have the Savior of the Spiral badge (even though I know they fixed that) when they ported in last minute and made the whole dungeon harder! And when I'm with my friends ready for a tower, a noob randomly comes in and takes my spot on the sigil. I am sick of the people who didn't rightfully earn their spot taking what belongs to the people who worked on the spiral.

I am Vanessa SpiritHunter, Grandmaster Diviner, and I completely agree with a level restriction in EVERY world. No matter what world it is, if you don't belong, you just don't belong.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
yes 100% needs to be changed noobs in ds are DOWNRIGHT NERVERACKING!!!!!!!!!! i'm trying to farm gurtok demon for the spectre but what do we have here noobs taking up our battle slots! >.< so irrating! i ask them to leave but they backtalk me i said can you leave ds? and they came back with " MAKE ME! " first they stress us now they TAUNT US! this is a level 40+ world not a 1-27 world i tell you downright stressful makes me more angrier then a BULL!!!!! ( seriously! )

hunter legendwraith level50 necromancer i have a new badge called noob slayer

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Rogtim wrote:
Many lower level wizards port to friends in Dragonspyre to be able to level up very quickly. I've had lower level people ask me to take them to Mooshu or Dragonspyre to help them level up fast.

Solution:

If you don't have a key to that world, you get 1% of the experience points (or less) for the quests if you go to those worlds and battle. And to make things better, if they have no key, they get no badges for the quests.
I've posted this solution before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Rogan Firehammer

I agree with this cause some of my noob friends would port to me while i'm farming malistare and then they dont go away so they fill up on spot that could have been for a grand and then they get the savior of the spiral badge which makes it pratically useless.

samantha crowvault death lvl 50
mackenzie jadeheart storm lvl 46

Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
I COMPLETELY AGREE! They state they are either trying to "help" or get gold. I find it offensive, and they always report if you say go away so you can't even approach it in a nice way. I hope kingsisle fixes this issue its a common problem with most grandmasters

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
I, being only level 20 , may qualify as a "noob", but i seriously disagree with this idea.

All you Grandmasters out there are so arrogant just because you've done Malistaire. But think back to when you just started out, getting your first quest on Unicorn Way. You were thrilled any time you had 500 gold, and yelled "Yes!" every time you beat a boss, whether if it was your first time fighting Rattlebones or if you were facing the Harvest Lord. You were all "noobs" at one point. As you got to be in Krokotopia or Marleybone, you got more experienced and were beginning to feel like anyone that was a lower level than you was not nearly as good. Just remember that you all were "noobs" when you started out. You guys sicken me. :x

~Chris Griffinhaven, Adept Pyromancer~

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010

There are lots of Grandmasters but not all of us think the same way about this, unfortunately there is a vocal minority who repeatedly post about this subject.

This game is not work - it's a game and we play it, this is not the same as working and earning. KI do not pay us to work the game, we pay them to play it.

We pay to access the areas of the Spiral. If a player is able to access an area then that player has paid for the right to enter it no matter what level they are.

I'm quite happy to have lower levels in both DS now and Celestia in when it comes out. It really isn't the huge problem that the vocal minority keep shouting it is.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
cupoftea9 wrote:

There are lots of Grandmasters but not all of us think the same way about this, unfortunately there is a vocal minority who repeatedly post about this subject.

This game is not work - it's a game and we play it, this is not the same as working and earning. KI do not pay us to work the game, we pay them to play it.

We pay to access the areas of the Spiral. If a player is able to access an area then that player has paid for the right to enter it no matter what level they are.

I'm quite happy to have lower levels in both DS now and Celestia in when it comes out. It really isn't the huge problem that the vocal minority keep shouting it is.

A vocal minority? Wrong. If you read the posts it's more akin to a majority. No player has the "right" to unmitigated access to every world/place of the spiral. Admin responses from Zeke and Greyrose even echo this sentiment. If you do not meet the requirements for a certain part of the game,you should not be allowed access to it,period. Everyone else had to access these areas by quest progression/spiral keys. People who port to their friends should be no exception. This would also have the desired effect of curtailing those who intentionally create havoc with others in their quest progressions and battles. I don't have a problem with people who port to friends ,help them,and then leave. But if the only way to curb the undesirables from wreaking havoc is to curtail this activity,then that is exactly what needs to be done. Also if you really don't see this huge problem as you claim, go stand in Plaza of Conquests for a few minutes and watch what happens.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
We as players can control whom we friend and when they teleport to us. Use your controls folks. You can change realms and ignore or remove folks. This really is a player problem not a KI problem. If you don't want people porting in have everyone turn off porting before you start. Ask your friends to ask you BEFORE porting.

I agree having someone wand your feint and break traps is annoying. I see high level people do this in DS too. I have accidentally done it when I am not paying attention and am trying to get rid of a reduce on me. My friends laugh and I apologize profusely. They know when I do it I am really tired or distracted.

I would hate to see lower level people not be able to help their upper level friends because they have to be a certain level to be somewhere.

This game is an interesting study in human nature.

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Megan Frostbringer Grandmaster Sorcerer

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
nimawai wrote:
I am in TOTAL agreement with this. I have seen people as low as level 1 in in the plaza. There is NO reason for them to be there. They spark on feints. Which angers every single person who uses feint. 1. It's a great trap. This card makes 1 hitting most bosses a lot easier. With high level spells. 2. Using feint puts that person in peril. So it's basically wasted by a 0 pip wand spell.

For the ones that just sit there and don't do anything they get the rewards that we get. While doing nothing to earn it. Why should I do all the work so they can sit back and get the rewards for it.

I've seen low levels get the pets in the plaza. This angers me greatly since I still have yet to get a spectre even with all the fighting I've done there. They don't deserve to get such great prizes for either doing nothing or making it 10 times harder for the higher levels.

KI PLEASE do something about this.

Llewella Nightshade GM death
Roslyn Moonthistle GM life
Rowan Moonthistle lvl 46 storm
Playing off and on since beta.

Not every wizard is angry when someone wastes a feint or a trap. Some wizards maintain tolerance for other wizards. No matter what their level, or where they happen to be playing at in the game.
My opinion is they are just up there now on their lower level wizards in order to annoy the wizards who are annoyed by them being there.
Think about it.
I was there the other day, btw, and nobody was up in the plaza of conquests.
Maybe it was just a wizard fad. :-)

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
ColeShepherd2010 wrote:
I, being only level 20 , may qualify as a "noob", but i seriously disagree with this idea.

All you Grandmasters out there are so arrogant just because you've done Malistaire. But think back to when you just started out, getting your first quest on Unicorn Way. You were thrilled any time you had 500 gold, and yelled "Yes!" every time you beat a boss, whether if it was your first time fighting Rattlebones or if you were facing the Harvest Lord. You were all "noobs" at one point. As you got to be in Krokotopia or Marleybone, you got more experienced and were beginning to feel like anyone that was a lower level than you was not nearly as good. Just remember that you all were "noobs" when you started out. You guys sicken me. :x

~Chris Griffinhaven, Adept Pyromancer~

I agree with your post.

When I first defeated Malistaire, I was level 22 or 27. So was I a "noob?" (Honestly. People need to stop using that word.)

It's not lower level wizards that are the problem. Its the people playing them. Keep that in mind instead of just saying everyone under 30 is a "noob."

And yes, we were all excited and curious about worlds once. Some people may have taken it more seriously, and not all wandering and stuff like most others, but you were still a little excited I bet.

If you're so fed up with them, avoid them or ignore it. If they join your fight, let them die if you really don't care, which it seems most of you don't.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Firefan02 wrote:
This really is a player problem not a KI problem. If you don't want people porting in have everyone turn off porting before you start. Ask your friends to ask you BEFORE porting.

Wrong. It becomes a KI problem when other players start intentionally causing problems for others in the game. And yes, I have seen many instances of where people who don't have the proper access to an area,deliberately try to foul other players. Just few examples would be : 1) running into to combat to attract more monsters,then fleeing,and laughing. 2) Filling up needed quest spots,refusing to leave for others who need it.3) Joining combats and doing nothing to help,only taking up space to get a pet or item drop. 4) repeated use of cursing and childish antics.etc. The list goes on and on. Many people responding to these threads assume we are talking about friends who are causing this problem,that is not the case.The problem is those people who allow anyone on their list,and allow any of those to port unrestricted. They will never adhere to your request of turning ports off,because they simply don't care if their actions causes problems for others. KI has reiterated through several posts that progression through the spiral is only available upon the necessary completion of quests/spiral keys. Zeke posted recently a sentiment that echoed that. If only they would enforce it,this problem would go away. No one should be allowed unmitigated access without having completed the game requirements; porting to friends should be no exception.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
A vocal minority? Wrong. If you read the posts it's more akin to a majority.

Since when were a handful of posts on the forum a majority? There must be thousands of active players, if not more. Perhaps it isn't quite the problem for all that you make out.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
I agree noobs shouldn't be aloud in Dragon Spire! One time when my brother was in a Dragon Spire battle, this lvl 8 wizard ported in battle the people that were already in battle had a ton of traps for ortherus, he used a 1 pip move that took 300 hundred damage. He said "I took so much damage!" That is weak. No noobs in DS! javascript:emoticon('');

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
minxymoo wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:
A vocal minority? Wrong. If you read the posts it's more akin to a majority.

Since when were a handful of posts on the forum a majority? There must be thousands of active players, if not more. Perhaps it isn't quite the problem for all that you make out.

Since when is it a minority? I made no reference to the number of people who play the game. I was making a reference to all the threads and posts about this issue.Of the people who responded,a far greater percentage echoed the sentiment that it is indeed a problem,a big problem. Perhaps it's a much bigger problem than you are able to comprehend.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:

Wrong. It becomes a KI problem when other players start intentionally causing problems for others in the game. And yes, I have seen many instances of where people who don't have the proper access to an area,deliberately try to foul other players. Just few examples would be : 1) running into to combat to attract more monsters,then fleeing,and laughing. 2) Filling up needed quest spots,refusing to leave for others who need it.3) Joining combats and doing nothing to help,only taking up space to get a pet or item drop. 4) repeated use of cursing and childish antics.etc. The list goes on and on. Many people responding to these threads assume we are talking about friends who are causing this problem,that is not the case.The problem is those people who allow anyone on their list,and allow any of those to port unrestricted. They will never adhere to your request of turning ports off,because they simply don't care if their actions causes problems for others. KI has reiterated through several posts that progression through the spiral is only available upon the necessary completion of quests/spiral keys. Zeke posted recently a sentiment that echoed that. If only they would enforce it,this problem would go away. No one should be allowed unmitigated access without having completed the game requirements; porting to friends should be no exception.

We will just have to disagree. It is a PLAYER problem. People are being rude and inconsiderate. KI can't MAKE them be nice and play nice. All the behaviors you mentioned above happen in all levels and areas throughout the spiral. I was in a battle recently and a Master wanded a feint.

1-is rude immature behavior having nothing to do with the level of a character in the game. It reflects the immaturity of the person who created the wizard. KI can't control how WE ACT.

2-is the same as number one. Leave and go to another realm.

3- is the same as one and two. Shield and let them hit and get killed or leave the battle.

4-is the same as 1-3. Report cursing. You can leave and go somewhere else.

If someone annoys my friends and I, we finish or don't start the battle. Then we depart to quieter realms.

As to the progression statements. I have read them and they don't address porting in my opinion. When we buy our subscriptions EVERYTHING has unlimited access. Even when you buy areas with crowns you can port to areas where you haven't done quests. I have helped many upper levels friends in areas my characters had not quested. I helped and left. I think had KI intended ONLY certain level people being allowed in certain areas they would have made the game that way. I think they trust people to be responsible. I think more are than are not.

Furthermore this is a GAME. I really don't see the need to have the teeth gnashing and territory battles over a game. Things can be done over and no REAL harm comes to us. I come here to relax and have fun.

Yup it is an interesting study in human behaviors. It reveals us at our best and worst.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
NuclearWar wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.

Yea I think we need to let no noobs in to any world unless they've earned the right to do it. Like I was gonna do a hard tower with my friends. We had a great group and right when i was gonna get into the circle, A NOOB TOOK IT!
My friends were to late to get out.
And they just went ahead and tried the tower with noob. Later I heard he kept messing up the traps and they couldn't tell him to stop cause he was a non chat person. :?

James Skull Weilder
Level 48 death

If he was such a noob, he wouldnt have access to the sigil in the first place.

also, why would your friends keep doing it with him anyway..

honestly, I think everything you just said was a lie.

Actually, this is possible. Once my friend asked me to help him defeat Sylvia Drake. I ported to him. I hadn't gotten the quest to defeat her, I didn't even have access to this area of ds and I could go in. Also, if it was a sidequest he could have done it.

Alex Dragonbreaker GM Storm

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
lukel9 wrote:
garyboy11 wrote:
jenyfiregirl wrote:
do i as a noob i am level 32 and i have been to dragonspyre several times not much though :( :( but anywayus i feel sad if you count me as a noob

We didn't count you as a noob. I only count anyone lower than level 30 a noob. Magus means you're in Mooshu usually, and people in Mooshu aren't noobs.

i am a magus in krok cause i am always helping higher lvl friends in Ds.
If they did this i am sure some people would flat out quit, i would.
i am almost magus (lvl 29) and i go to ds a lot i am not considered a noob and i am still in krok because i helping my friends that are higher than me

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
Right now I have a level 48 and I think there is one way to prevent this from happening. Have friends in wizard101 with high levels, or no subscription. I know all my friends in real life, and I know that a few of em don't have subscription, two of em are in the 20's but never play, and one guy who's lvl33 and has almost finished marlybone. And when we play, it's over the phone.

P:S- if you are level 30 or under, your not a noob, you are just not dragonspire ready

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Simply put, if I am paying cash to play the game, I should have access to every inch, regardless of level. If I want to get into a fight at level 7 in the Plaza of Conquests, who is to say I cannot?

I would venture to say most players do not pay for the game themselves, their parents do. As a parent with 2 children that play, I am the one that flips the bill, therefore as a true paying customer I should have access to whatever realm I can port into.

If you are concerned with players stealing traps, blades, etc, then try talking to people BEFORE they attack and irritate you. When people simply start acting rude off the get go, that is what puts strains on relationships in game.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
rubyb23 wrote:
Simply put, if I am paying cash to play the game, I should have access to every inch, regardless of level. If I want to get into a fight at level 7 in the Plaza of Conquests, who is to say I cannot?

I would venture to say most players do not pay for the game themselves, their parents do. As a parent with 2 children that play, I am the one that flips the bill, therefore as a true paying customer I should have access to whatever realm I can port into.

If you are concerned with players stealing traps, blades, etc, then try talking to people BEFORE they attack and irritate you. When people simply start acting rude off the get go, that is what puts strains on relationships in game.

You are confused. You are stating as fact what your "game" rights are as opposed to what the game rules actually say. You are also purely guessing about who pays for subscriptions.You have no clue or evidence who pays for what here.I am and adult,and I know many others who posted here who do not agree with you. As for your reply about talking to someone......how do you talk to someone who only has menu chat? They can't hear any reply except menu chat,and the replies there are sorely lacking. Think what you want,post what you want,but your opinions are not concrete;they are simply just your opinions. Posting your opinions as facts,just makes you look foolish.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I completely agree. It just seems like i am seeing every where now

Jason GhostRider
Balance LVL 50

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
o i so hate it when low level wizards port in to tough worlds like ds ! other peeps are right they havent earned the right to go there yet! there should be bans on who can go into tough worlds. maybe there should be a lvl 29 and under ban on ds. o and it is SO annoying when they join fights that are too tough for them. especially like other peeps said when they join just for leveling up and to get items! O I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
rubyb23 wrote:

I agree. It's a game, everyone has a right to be there. Just because the game can be played in a linear fashion it doesn't mean it has to be. This is a family game and needs to cater to a large range of play styles and ability. Spiral keys are there for those who like to play in this manner and should not be imposed on all.

Pyrsik wrote:
You are confused. You are stating as fact what your "game" rights are as opposed to what the game rules actually say.

As far as I'm aware there are no rules forbidding lower levels playing in higher areas.