Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An advanced, But Wicked Idea.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
I've always wondered what it would be like to be one of the people working on Wizard 101 in the Kingsisle offices, mapping out new streets, editing new characters, hatching ideas for storylines....... I was messing around with my new character, when I thought of a awesome idea.

What if we could create our own area?

Though expensive(about 20,000 Crowns), you'd have extensive drag-and-drop style options to make your own street/area, like Unicorn Way. We get to decide the story, quests, enemies, bosses, ect. on these areas. As there would be quests, the only awards are gold, maybe, if it's a really hard quest, crowns. A computer system--or maybe a Kingsisle moderater, if people don't do this much--will rate how hard the quest is and will decide what the award will be.

It's a good idea, I briefly went over this, I'll add more stuff later. Thanks for reading! :D

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I like your idea, especially if were applied to housing. Instead of just the pre-built castles you can construct your own. You can buy different plot sizes to build on, types of materials to use and plenty of options to add on with crafting.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
I've come up with some of the extensive details now.

For instance, there are seven paths leading off your house(this may mean you won't be able to use this ability if you have a dorm, unless Kingsisle comes up with something), all leading to a small dome like area. They all represent different worlds, though. The path will have it's gate closed if no streets have been created for that world. So, you can pick the streets style(make it look like it's from a certain world). You can also--for some--choose a weather status. So, for some WC streets, you can make it raining, gloomy(dark), snowing, ect. For DS, I can't think of much, but maybe a firestorm?! Anyways, for KT, you could make it outside. These could have duststorms and other things that happen like that in the desert. Or, they could be inside. You could choose what type they represent. They don't even have to represent one from KT! For MB, I can't think of much, as is my thoughts for MS. But maybe you can come up with stuff. (Kingsisle or Members)

Now, when you try to enter someone's level, the owner is probably online, right? Cause they had to bring you there? So, when they try to enter, it will pull up a page with a set Gold Price, and a set Crowns price. Yep, there'll be a price to enter these(That's why these quests might actually give XP). Low on Gold? Not a Crowns person? Then make sure you've got some good items! You can bargain with any type of item, even no trade items. I think any item, from Houses to Pet Food, can be traded. But you might think that a "NO BARGAIN" should be set on some items. That might go for pets, but...

Anyways, what you pay goes to the owner's Prize section of their Backpack. It's a new section that will alert you of the prizes you have gotten from letting people inside your created areas. Once you click one of the sections, it will disappear and go to where it's supposed to go.

Now, for enemies--You will be able to edit the name. Now, some people will try to use innapropriate names, I understand. My first reaction for this part was to use the same filter for filter chat. But then I decided, it might be better that, instead of choosing the words you can say, maybe you(Kingsisle)could choose the words you cant say. That way people could be more creative. Not creative? Simple--go to the Enemy Library to see other enemies created! You can view by "Most used," "Latest created," "All," or you can search. The enemies in the "Most Used" are in order from most popular to least popular, and the enemies in all the other sorting pages are in Alphabetical order. Same with when you search.

Whew........ WHEW....... *Gasp* *Gasp* Well, one last thing on editing enemies. You can edit their type, what they look like, even edit their deck, if you want to change their set deck. For editing their type........ Well, for editing what they look like, there's a huge tab that has enemies on the bottom. When you choose one--Let's say, for instance, a Sunbird--you get to change their color, or what type they look like. So, for instance, you could make a storm Sunbird be balance type.

Anyways, I'm not sure if it would count for fighting enemies for badges in those areas, but, oh well.

I hope you like these ideas. Man...... this as a LOT longer than the first. Lol.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Love this idea hope a moderator looks at this. I think that this is great but i disagree on one point about it costing so much. This would take away a great experience from many players, therefore i believe that this opportunity should be available to subscribers, who would be able to pay with gold.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
oats21 wrote:
Love this idea hope a moderator looks at this. I think that this is great but i disagree on one point about it costing so much. This would take away a great experience from many players, therefore i believe that this opportunity should be available to subscribers, who would be able to pay with gold.

Maybe, it could be 20,000 Crowns, but you could also pay with it for gold. That would still be expensive though.

Anyways, I'm desperate for an administaitor to see this, and, take my idea and use it in the game. All of the creative people would be happy. :)