Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Derby-Waiting HOURS for a race!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
This has been happening since soon after the pet update. I wait in life for a Pet Derby Race for an hour before it starts or restarts! Please fix this!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
I totally can relate. After reaching a 1040 rating, I cannot seem to find a ranked derby race anymore. There just aren't enough player participating.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Junebug838 wrote:
This has been happening since soon after the pet update. I wait in life for a Pet Derby Race for an hour before it starts or restarts! Please fix this!

There is no fix for that,nobody is racing or atleast not many people anyway!
Or should I say,very very few people are racing.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
hi this same thing has happened to me. i had waited for an hour for the pet derby but it never starts. it only says waiting for opponents to confirm. i don't think it's fair for me to pay for subcription if i can't play the derby. i'v been really patient kingsisle. it's time for your to fix this. :?

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Junebug838 wrote:

Just chiming in. I have the same problem. If it's lack of people racing, then perhaps the ranking match system needs to relax a bit, so we can actually race our pets.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 34 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 30 (Magus Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 28 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 21 (Adept Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 16 (Journeyman Necromancer)

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
I'd suggest racing Teen pets, I got to Pet Warlord racing my Teen life troll, bad at racing any other rank of pets. And Teen is often a lot shorter wait, still 1/2 half hour sometimes though... And an idea for KI, let people join a ranked race throughout all the realms! It would be a LOT shorter wait and we wouldn't race the same people a lot :D. After all, the bazaar covers every realm.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
the pet derby seems to be frozen or not running, (ranked) have been trying for about 5 hours for one race, still waiting (for player to confirm) shouldn't that reset after 1 minute and 30 seconds?

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
I'm only ranked as Vet. Here are my Ranked derby stats for 3 DAYS!

51 Attempts ending up in "Waiting for other players to confirm"
23 Restarts after sitting for 20 - 60 min with no game start and then re-joining the waiting pool.
and lastly,
1 Actual game.

Thats all, 1 game.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
I have posted another thread this problem, as well as sent the KI support center a complaint, to deal with this problem. The reason no one is racing anymore is because players think the RANKED pet derby is broken, due to the inability to see who is joining and who is leaving them "waiting list" (like the practice races). As you can see, there are A LOT more players in the practice rounds/races as apposed to the ranked rounds/races. More players need to complain directly to them about this problem in order to get it fixed. Just like PVP, having a pet is a HUGE aspect of this game, and racing them for ranks is a HUGE aspect of having a pet. Email them, from your own email addresses, at Support@wizard101.com