Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Calling all Balance Players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
What is the best balance stats for a soloing wizzard? I am a level 38 blance wizzard. What do I need for my stats more attack and less defense or does one want to balance it out evenly?

I started playing the game to spend time with the kids and now I am wanting to learn more about the game then I do. I have read most of the forums, but must say I am a little lost still. This set that everyone is talking about. Do you have to be a certain rank before you start collecting them and how do you know it is your set? What is the name of it?

Well that is all I have time for or know you want to answer atm.
Thanks all!

Scarlet Spiritstaff

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
Scarlet1975 wrote:
What is the best balance stats for a soloing wizzard? I am a level 38 blance wizzard. What do I need for my stats more attack and less defense or does one want to balance it out evenly?

I started playing the game to spend time with the kids and now I am wanting to learn more about the game then I do. I have read most of the forums, but must say I am a little lost still. This set that everyone is talking about. Do you have to be a certain rank before you start collecting them and how do you know it is your set? What is the name of it?

Well that is all I have time for or know you want to answer atm.
Thanks all!

Scarlet Spiritstaff

Hmm... I think the "set" you speak of might be a set of clothes earned from Malistair. I have a cloak from him that is Balance only... I think there are hats and stuff also.
As for stats, use whatever works for your playing style.

I have an idea though... If you don't have very good cards yet, go for the defense stats. If you have good cards, go for more health.

A deck idea that works for me is to stuff as many Judgement cards as I can in my deck.
I also put the limit of fairies in my deck.
I find that one of each spell buff is all that's needed and that it's good to keep two reshuffles.
I also have two or three helping hands cards.

I hope this is helpful but as I said... go with what's best for your playing style.

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 46 Balance/Ice

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Balance grand gear?
Robe/Cloak/Overall from Malistaire
Hat from Kraysys
Shoes from Viktor Showcrusher

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
Balance grand gear?
Robe/Cloak/Overall from Malistaire
Hat from Kraysys
Shoes from Viktor Showcrusher

Ok thank you both so much for the suggestions. They are really appreciated!

Angel for you I do have a few more questions...
The gear you mentioned is what I am speaking of. What level do you start to collect it?
What is the name of the gear?
Most improtantly how do I get these items? Will it be quests? Do I have to go at a certain level and battle these ppl? Will the game let me know when it is time or is this something I will have to do on my own and research this more?

Thanks so much!!!

Scarlet Spiritstaff

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
The clothes you will get from quests. Another words you have to defeat the ones who hand them out to you and it is random. You might not always get what you need so you will have to keep dueling them until you do... it is called farming lol... Also you can go to the bazaar and buy clothing as well with nice stats for your wizard until you get what you need in battle. As far as cards are concerned, I agree that you need as many Judgement as you can get in both your regular deck and your treasure card deck. I also like to add shields, traps and blades as well as heal cards, sandstorm and spectral blast. From your second school of choice I would add absorb from life and tower shield from ice... Both great choices..
Calamity Wildheart
Balance lvl 38

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
merekid your giving us sorcerers a bad name saying just stack judges

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
Here's my peice of advice: go to Wizard101 Central and look up: Dragonspyre Boss Drop List. Click on the first result and you will find yourself at the right page. The first image shows a table with all the grandmaster gear on it. Click on it to enlarge it and you can see what bosses have youre grandmaster gear.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
You get the boss drops at lvl 45-50.

The best stats for balance is either power pips percentage (for judgement, you need as many power pips as you can get)
and/or damage percentage(for random spells)
balance life and ice all have high health so usually ppl dont go for health on those schools. so you dont need much resistance
for accuracy, well, you don't really need much of that either, like life almost never fizzles, ice usually doesn't fizzle, balance usually doesn't either. so not much accuracy. but all this depends on how you play w101. you can choose whatever you want.