Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold cards gone when you sell a deck

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2008
I thought this was fixed/changed in a previous patch, but it seems that we once again lose any gold cards assigned to a deck when we sell that deck.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
I thought they had fixed that. . .

But I do know, that if you change Deck B for Deck A, the Treasure Cards you had in Deck A, stay in Deck A and aren't in you available Treasure Card pool for placement into Deck B.

Don't know if it is an as-designed feature or a "feature".

-p

Administrator
Administrator
I just logged on a Wizard, bought her a new deck, sold the old deck with gold cards intact and the gold cards DID NOT sell with the deck.

I tried this with both equipped and unequipped decks.

If you have this problem again, please let our support team know, by logging into the website, then clicking Help in the menu on the left of the website, and selecting Support.

Thank you again for your feedback.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 28, 2008
Well, I just tried it again and it's certainly still happening. I can give you more detail.

I just purchased an extra deck in Mooshu and loaded it up with gold cards: transformation spells, healing spells, buff spells, etc., making carefull note of what I added to the deck.

I then added a random assortment of normal spells to the deck also.

Then, I walked out of the store and back into the store. I sold the deck while it was equipped. I lost every singe gold card that was in the deck I sold. No big deal, since I picked ones I never intend to use anyway, but they're gone.

Administrator
Ok I'll pass this on to Mr Lincoln and his assistants.

I really appreciate the feedback, thank you again.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Ok I'll pass this on to Mr Lincoln and his assistants.

I really appreciate the feedback, thank you again.

This happened to me after the game went live. I was kicking myself for not taking them out and had thought it was suppose to happen so I did not report it. Just to let you know it happened to more then one.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
I just tested this and i got my cards back fine, also did it with the mooshu deck.

Survivor
May 28, 2008
I'm a programmer too, so I know the pain caused by a bug that is hard to reproduce becasue it doesn't happen every time. I'll be happy to give you any details of my character or actions if you need help recreating the conditions of the bug.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Progenitor wrote:
I thought they had fixed that. . .

But I do know, that if you change Deck B for Deck A, the Treasure Cards you had in Deck A, stay in Deck A and aren't in you available Treasure Card pool for placement into Deck B.

Don't know if it is an as-designed feature or a "feature".

-p

Same thing happened to me not long ago; I sold my Starter after buying my Novice Myth Deck, and forgot to remove the Gold Myth Shield I had on it. I'm just glad it was a card I would never miss; but I was upset it happened.

Survivor
May 28, 2008
I did eventually receive an e-mail from one of the programmers about this through the help system. They were able to recreate the bug and the last I heard was that they would fix it as soon as they can.

Hi there!

I'm happy to report that I was able to reproduce this! I'm forwarding it along now to get checked out and fixed up! Thanks for the report!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts