Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

quest rewards = shouldnt be pet related!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
There are many people who dont use the pet pavilion like me and we are kinda annoyed. I am annoyed by the constant reward just being now small portions of gold and that pet stat thing. I really dont like it, I want the old rewards, so can you like make it so that you can decide whether or not you want pet stats. for rewards or not like the let people teleport to you or not.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
What is your point? Just asking because it flew over my head or below my knees and either way i dont get it. gold from anything but bazaar fodder has never been that great, and now that they offer scooby snacks makes it nice for the eighty percent of the people who do like the pet thing and the directions its going (if only pets got xp from quests too). And i dont like PVP and bugged silly when someone especially a menu chat person insists that i should waste my time on it. However, I dont think there should be an option to deselect pvp since i can maturely decline the offers and any thing to do with PVP. While its not my thing there are only about twenty percent that i can safely say feel that way. I am just glad it doesnt take PVP to advance, and it doesnt seem as it takes participation in the pet pavillion to advance either.
Dont like the pet thing? Just ignore it and whatever pet you have (if any) can be looked at as leg ornament as they were in the old days.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
Yep the way I get it pet stats are for the derbys anyway and I don't care about that at all.

I am so tired of getting all that pet snack junk and nothing I can really use.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I dont care for PvP or pet racing either. Hated crafting especially after I got to MB and they wanted 6 each of 2 things with extremely hard to find reagents.
That said the pet snacks can be sold for 30 to 60 golds on average. When i fought the Hoader in DS i got a bronze gear. Worth 2 gold at bazzar at that time.
I occassionaly do the pet minigames and it is nice not to have to buy at 250 gold and up a snack.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Many people dont like the new pet pavillion and feel it is either a waste of time and/or too expensive, so sell the scooby snacks if you can and get a few extra coins, but other than that we all are stuck with it, I may try the pet stuff with one of my wizards someday but with the cost I may just skip the whole thing.

Defender
May 09, 2009
yea its usally just a wast of time the only up side is if the pet will give a card at some point in its life, unless its the lvl 48 pets which will also give +%power pip chance. all my storm hound (anchient) has gotten for the talants that SHOULD be for me where some more xp points to power and strength and a MIGHT cast a storm charm. i was really anoyed with this cause i payed crowns for it and sure the 1 card is great but the talants just plain old sucked.

Community Leader
There are quest rewards that are pet related? So far I have only seen one which gets you into the Pet Pavillion. I started a new wizard just to see, or are you meaning Item drops? like snacks? I like the way you can get snacks from battles as I use the pets a lot. You can sell the ones you don't want in the bazaar for gold.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
MeCatz wrote:
There are quest rewards that are pet related? So far I have only seen one which gets you into the Pet Pavillion. I started a new wizard just to see, or are you meaning Item drops? like snacks? I like the way you can get snacks from battles as I use the pets a lot. You can sell the ones you don't want in the bazaar for gold.
No I mean EVERY single quest, let me repeat that every quest has the reward of a tiny graduation hat. Do you know what that is? Its pet stats, Every quest after the updates now just offers 50-200 gold and small pet stats.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
The graduation hat is XP. It has nothing to do with pets.

Hero
May 19, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
MeCatz wrote:
No I mean EVERY single quest, let me repeat that every quest has the reward of a tiny graduation hat. Do you know what that is? Its pet stats, Every quest after the updates now just offers 50-200 gold and small pet stats.

The graduation hat is xp, not for your pet but for your character. Not a single quest gives pet xp, the only way to earn pet xp is by playing mini games and feeding it snacks.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
MeCatz wrote:

The graduation hat is xp, not for your pet but for your character. Not a single quest gives pet xp, the only way to earn pet xp is by playing mini games and feeding it snacks.

Ya, that little hat is just a graphics change, it's still just normal xp