Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

IS JUDGEMENT REALLY A PROBLEM?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
That just sad how people they are perfect an are showing it off like that.

I'm hardly perfect. I lose matches, granted moreso now at warlord level than when I was first leveling up in PvP.

The difference? I'm not here whining about what beats me and crying out for nerfs in fits of jealousy. When a storm chains me or a myth combos me, I take it and move on. I don't sit here and complain how e-quake/orthrus is overrated, or how triton combos do redonkulous damage.

If more people took their lumps like men and learned from it, PvP would be a much better thing on here, not the moan-fest it's become as of late. If someone is just that bad, ask for help. Don't come on here and beg KI to take out all the things that beat them because they're too stupid to learn from it.

If my contribution is belittling these kids, so be it. I happily perform this service.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
SOULSUVIVER wrote:
Second thing so i can go back on topic, explain to me all the other ranked X spells such as heck hound, storm hound, dryad, and absorb(ice form). May i remind ya that balance only has 2 BLADES AND ONE TRAP PLUS FEINT, they abiously need judgement cause they barely have anything to power themselfs up!

yeah.......no lets see each schools rank x spells
storm-tempest storm hound you need crowns 80 attack per pip
ice-ice absorb 125 absorb per pip
fire-heck hound 120 per pip over 3 rounds
death-animate minion
myth-minions minion
life-dryad 200 heal per pip
balance-judgment 100 ATTACK FOR EVERY PIP!
which is stronger of all of them? heck hound? TO KILL YOU HAVE TO WAIT 3 ROUNDS
tempest? 80 attack per pip 7 power pips you get a little over 1100
JUDGMENT with full power pips you get 1400!!!!!!!!

Explorer
May 22, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
woot000 wrote:
Yes, it is a problem, it also happenes to me in pvp so this is a problem.

People who say its a problem are noobs who don't know how to play the game.
Well that was not nice.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
ashleympham wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
woot000 wrote:

You probably used to complain about it all the time, because we were all noobs at one time. I complained about it but its a waste of time to complain because if you don't know how to defend a judgement you need to look it up
First of all, what does noob mean?

Explorer
May 22, 2009
When someone says noob, itjust sounds like a mean name that the monitors do not notice STOP SAYING IT. We clear?

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
woot000 wrote:

yeah lol i am balance

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
2gd4u wrote:
SOULSUVIVER wrote:
Second thing so i can go back on topic, explain to me all the other ranked X spells such as heck hound, storm hound, dryad, and absorb(ice form). May i remind ya that balance only has 2 BLADES AND ONE TRAP PLUS FEINT, they abiously need judgement cause they barely have anything to power themselfs up!

yeah.......no lets see each schools rank x spells
storm-tempest storm hound you need crowns 80 attack per pip
ice-ice absorb 125 absorb per pip
fire-heck hound 120 per pip over 3 rounds
death-animate minion
myth-minions minion
life-dryad 200 heal per pip
balance-judgment 100 ATTACK FOR EVERY PIP!
which is stronger of all of them? heck hound? TO KILL YOU HAVE TO WAIT 3 ROUNDS
tempest? 80 attack per pip 7 power pips you get a little over 1100
JUDGMENT with full power pips you get 1400!!!!!!!!

heck hound is okay because it can be shielded with a real spell called fire spell. Judge can only be with tower and thats the only shield(not including absorb because like anyone uses ice armor but spirit armor is good). Temp also has a shield and has a got a high fizzle chance. If a balance wearing commander ear uses judge, 0% chance it will fizzle because judge is 85% plus 16% from pvp gear, it has a 101% of making. So this spell is way too strong but I am myth we need a good x spell. Look, our best one can only go up to 4 pips! We need one like only the other schools that goes as many pips. You could just make cyclops minion a 4 pip spell instead of making it a x. Troll minion, 3 and golem is no pips and minotaur is just bad and only 3 pips. So, what if we could make ninja pigs our x spell and say 90 damage per pip?
This will also be okay because judge has no actual balance shield and ninja pigs will.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
akifoniq99 wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
woot000 wrote:

balance really is unfair. only school with no shield, and no dispell. and judgment even never fizzles. what makes them even harder to beat is there health. there health is so much and there power is so strong. i know thats balance's only weapon thats good but the only way to defend yourself from it is weak defense spells. so you think we're a noob? well you would understand that if you were one that got killed like that, you would post something different.

balance is not unfair. our health is average, judgement does fizzle at the normal rate, and it's so hard to get it to massive power anyway. do you have an x rank spell? no. i think not.

and tower shield + weakness + spirit armor is the prescribed judgement-fighting combo! prescribed by me. i am telling people how to topple my only good attack spell!

and if you can't fathom the idea of layering different types of defences, and actually think that a spell with 85% accuracy never fizzles, that definitely does make you a noob. the only reason i beat a storm lvl48 is that i had crown gear to give me enough health to survive that barrage. being balance had nothing to do with it; an ice wizard of my level with no robe, hat or boots would have been blown away. having a 10+ pip, well bladed and well trapped tempest is not something anyone could survive with no help; my minions were "blown away like dust in the wind" (quote from my favorite anime).

I don't mean to be rude but judge isn't hard to get. You get it when you are high adept. Found that out on a link called wizard101 wiki. And i am not a noob.
Let me guess, you do not know what it even means? Yea I thought so. And balance wizards wear gear that give pip chance because there spells already have good accuracy. Also, Balance health is almost 3000. Average is maybe 2000-2500(not including storm). I do think tempest is stronger then judge in anything but 1v1. But there is something good about tempest at least. It can be shielded quite easily. And let me say one more thing. I was doing practice with my friends and we were testing how strong judge can get. With no defense, It can do over 15000 damage. And since I am reached warlord, I really do think there is a 0% chance I am a noob. And maybe you should study in school before coming to the message boards so you know how to type with grammer thats good and knowing what words mean. Like noob.

i meant that judgement is hard to get TO HIGH POWER. x rank spells are awesome yet suckish at the same time.

and a "noob" is someone who is apparently unfamiliar and new to something. someone who can't wrap their head around strategy.

and i'd like to point out that using only non-treasure, non-item-only cards (so no dragonblade), stacked in the most advantageous way, with a full power pip judgement, can do less that 6000 damage. so you've got one heck of a boost off of your equipment.

finally...
"maybe you should study in school... so you know how to type with grammar that's good and knowing what words mean." you said that.

you're the one that needs education in the grammatical arts. my post DID contain proper grammar. the last line of your post should read:
"maybe you should study in school... so you know how to use grammar well, and so you know what words mean."

ps: i have created a thread called "once and for all" in the pvp forum. it gives a detailed guide to combatting the overdreaded judgement, as well as balance wizards in general.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Judge only takes 100 per pip. Every school has a x card! Fire is Heckhound. Storm is Tempest! Life is dryad! Death is Animate, and I don't really know what myth's x card is! But Balance also has moves such as weakness, Power nova, and Hydra! It definitely not true that Judge is the main reason why balance is so powerful!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
fces1 wrote:
Judge only takes 100 per pip. Every school has a x card! Fire is Heckhound. Storm is Tempest! Life is dryad! Death is Animate, and I don't really know what myth's x card is! But Balance also has moves such as weakness, Power nova, and Hydra! It definitely not true that Judge is the main reason why balance is so powerful!

100 damage per pip is way over the damage per pip of other schools and balance is supposed to be middle of the road damage wise as there is less protection against its attacks and balance always lies in the middle not at the ends

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
fces1 wrote:

100 damage per pip is way over the damage per pip of other schools and balance is supposed to be middle of the road damage wise as there is less protection against its attacks and balance always lies in the middle not at the ends

there are three schools that do more damage per pip than balance (myth, storm, and fire) , one schools of equal damage (death) , and two schools that deal less damage per pip (life and ice). therefore, one can safely conclude that the average damage per pip is actually OVER 100.

and this is to anyone who calls balance a "one trick pony": hydra +balanceblade+elementalblade+elementaltrap+bladestorm=~481 damage per head, ~1443 damage overall, for 9 pips. spectralblast+balanceblade+bladestorm+hex+feint+elementalblade+
elementaltrap+ice application=~2042 damage for 8 pips.
the maximum damage of judgement (including curse) is 5569 damage for 16 pips. for half of that, i can do over half of that damage (depending on what school my spectralblast uses).

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
SOULSUVIVER wrote:
i know many people speak about balance, saying judgement is the treat 2 pvp killing most people. I also overheard that without judgement,balance would be the weakest school. Is that true? NO! Balance is well pointed toward its name, for starters i mean that there shields are balanced to be for all schools,but unlike regular schools which take 70% from shield, Balance shields take only 50%. Second thing so i can go back on topic, explain to me all the other ranked X spells such as heck hound, storm hound, dryad, and absorb(ice form). May i remind ya that balance only has 2 BLADES AND ONE TRAP PLUS FEINT, they abiously need judgement cause they barely have anything to power themselfs up!
no

Defender
Dec 23, 2009

That's funny. I've seen triton, which is 6 pips, easily clear five digit damage.

If you think balance does the most damage per pip, just quit the game. You're embarassing yourself.

Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
Posts like these have been bugging me for a while, so i just thought i'd better have my say in things.
1) I have a level 48 balance that gets beaten in PvP almost 100% of the time (but that might just be my appauling strategy).
2) When fighting CPUs i struggle to get judgement to do over 2000 damage and was amazed yesterday when it did 2078.
3) Judgment has 85% accuracy and therefore does fizzle.

With the right strategy judgement CAN be overcome. So can't everyone just get on with their lives and stop poking their noses into the business of others

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
balance is a problem due to a stupid move by wizard101 to put balance blades on hats and pets, to put more powerful judgements on equipments and to make judgement a large damage per pip casting card... as such it is the single hardest hitting 1v1 card in the game and has no shielding defense against it (tower shield simply won't hold up against such an attack, and gets knocked off by about everyone before balance normally even attacks)

funny how that towershield that gets knocked off takes all the sorcerer's boosts applicable to judgement with it. also funny how there are over two dozen cards that can do something about balance... that's just the ones i know of.

btw those "balance blades on hats and pets" are generic.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
i don't think that judgment is a problem and if it is taken away a ton of balance wizards would quit. my vote is that its not a problem.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
I dont think that judge is a problem though it is kind of annoying when you get beat by it over and over. It is just a game and i know if you are trying to get your rank up and all you against are balance with judge it is hard and seems unfair. You just have to take the info you gain from the loss and apply it to the next match. You learn more from a loss than you do a win anyways.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Actually the thing that works for me in pvp is play it at a lower level. You get opponents of your same type and you can still tower shield and weakness.

I know because my myth is secondary ice with tower shield. So yeah :) plus the minions. My balance I'll wait until I have judgement because I tried at a lower level and I lost.

My life though is good at lower level because of the heals. You need treasure cards though of attack spells. No point in playing 2vs2 unless the other one is good at attacking and they attack the healer first anyway. So I end up dying rofl!!

So yah!! I also know this because my higher levels keep getting beaten anyway. So starting with my myth I will try and be good at pvp. I also have a second account so I can triumph with all my lower levels. But also maybe it more of what school your in.

Which is also not true because I've seen warlords of all the different schools. They all of their technique which is mainly maybe starting at a lower level at a not crowded time. As I lost on my myth once when it was a crowded time!!

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Heck no! balance doesn't get powerful spells for the whole game so i think that they SHOULD get judgement.

Austin Ironslinger
GM MYTH