Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friends Teams vs Non friends TEAM

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
There's always something that has to stink, and this is it. You wait 15 min or so to get a match and when you do; it's against a FRIENDS TEAM (They all know what they will do and are usually a couple storm or fire or ice people) This is messed up. First of all , we can't see what our opponents are (what school) but even if we could, they know what they will do when our un-friends team is just trying to work out a strategy. This is like CHEATING. There needs to be just FRIENDS vs FRIENDS TEAMS and OTHER...as well as the only way to RANK in PVP should be 1 vs 1.. Otherwise if you keep letting teams do what they are doing, THEY CAN'T LOSE!!!!! Then they brag they are high which I dont really care but it's a JOKE. They stacked the deck in the favor and that's why they can't lose. I like to play with unknown people but whats the point if you get washed off the arena floor because you allow them to teamup .. Losing in 4 rounds maybe 5 cause 2 or 3 guys have storm Lord. They wiped us off the floor and even after we rebirthed , firedragon and stunned them.. It is ludacris.. Please fix that issue. I am all for a FRIENDS TEAM TOURNAMENT.. I can find friends but this is like fighting Orick or Malistare with New Guys who keep porting into places they shouldnt be.

Good game overall I LOVE IT but the PVP needs work

Hero
May 19, 2009
Wow your complaining about PUGs? every single online game has these, its not cheating to play with a team of friends. Maybe you should just stop playing with randoms and you wouldnt lose.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I can and WILL assume that you are one of those FRIENDS team players. I am only saying it's not fair to play those who ARENT teams..It's just stupid then you get to go up in RANK which is suppose to be how good you are not HOW good you choose a team...Play some single 1vs 1 I BET you won't win them all prob lose but when you play with a 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 .. You just cant block everything and getting hit one after another by a team of storm lords or fire dragons or whatever.. Stop trying to PRAISE the unfair. Like I said TEAM vs TEAM where you CHOOSE a TEAM( or CREATE) should only play those who also CREATE. As i Said earlier let's creat a tournament of our own CREATE a TOURNEY RUN IT and then say whos best CAUSE you arent the best by teaming up and playing a fool proof strategy.. Chain Stunning is Unfair, USing Treasure Cards is Unfair and YES TEAMING UP WITH YOUR OWN FRIENDS TO WIN against unknowns DEFINATELY UNFAIR.. If your so good, go try joining a non friend team and I will bet my subscription that you will not keep winning over and over.

Hero
May 19, 2009
jkert2001 wrote:
I can and WILL assume that you are one of those FRIENDS team players. I am only saying it's not fair to play those who ARENT teams..It's just stupid then you get to go up in RANK which is suppose to be how good you are not HOW good you choose a team...Play some single 1vs 1 I BET you won't win them all prob lose but when you play with a 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 .. You just cant block everything and getting hit one after another by a team of storm lords or fire dragons or whatever.. Stop trying to PRAISE the unfair. Like I said TEAM vs TEAM where you CHOOSE a TEAM( or CREATE) should only play those who also CREATE. As i Said earlier let's creat a tournament of our own CREATE a TOURNEY RUN IT and then say whos best CAUSE you arent the best by teaming up and playing a fool proof strategy.. Chain Stunning is Unfair, USing Treasure Cards is Unfair and YES TEAMING UP WITH YOUR OWN FRIENDS TO WIN against unknowns DEFINATELY UNFAIR.. If your so good, go try joining a non friend team and I will bet my subscription that you will not keep winning over and over.

????? thats the whole point of 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. its to play with a good team and win.

i personally dont do anything other then 1v1 which i have stated in other posts.But i still find you to be completly wrong.

No matter what game you play, halo, mw2, l4d, a good group of friends will always win against a group of randoms.Or and maybe its your fault for having such a bad lack of connection with your random teammates?

This topic fails, so dont even try and defend yourself bc the longer its up on the front page the more people there will be to dissagree with you.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Just like chain stunning, it shouldnt be.. The only thing here is that there should be 2 different formats ..If you create a team and do that, you should only play with others that do the same. What is your record DON'T Lie.. Prob havent lost that many. So when you say no one will agree with me, Is because they do the same load up a team and win win win, that's not how the game is supoose to be. I wouldnt mind losing 1 out of every 2 games.. it is fun , but no when you you lose every round to a fully stacked team, so stop condoning it... You are just ONE of THEM...

Hero
May 19, 2009
jkert2001 wrote:
Just like chain stunning, it shouldnt be.. The only thing here is that there should be 2 different formats ..If you create a team and do that, you should only play with others that do the same. What is your record DON'T Lie.. Prob havent lost that many. So when you say no one will agree with me, Is because they do the same load up a team and win win win, that's not how the game is supoose to be. I wouldnt mind losing 1 out of every 2 games.. it is fun , but no when you you lose every round to a fully stacked team, so stop condoning it... You are just ONE of THEM...

I guess you are just a sore loser with no friends then. So far no one on this topic has aggreed with you so far, so what does that tell you? O yeah that your wrong.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
jkert, my apologies for saying so, but just because there are not two formats does not make people who play well as a team 'cheaters'. Quite the reverse. The game is made to be played in teams. This is true for all MMO's. It is what makes an MMO different from a single player game. Make a team. Make a strategy. It is more fun. You can do it and you will enjoy it. Teams make the game, and in fact make many things in life more fun.

There are many games I have played only because teams are so fun. I am sorry you are upset because other people are playing as a team, and communicating with one another. This is not their fault. It is not their fault that their are not two different systems, so please do not accuse people who are playing as teams of 'cheating'.

I will say that it can be very satisfying to have a 'pick-up' team that beats an organized team. I have done this many times in other games.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
its NEVER cheating if you have friends. so what if you got defeated a few times? Buck up and get a team,do the same and you will succeed remember Proffessor Greyrose's famous quote?

"With Persistence Victory is assured"

So get a team do pvp and you wll succeed,just keep trying.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
I have a solution to not knowing what school your oppenents' schools are. (I picked up this trick from my friend Nichalos DarkFlame) Before the fight, get your oppenents to talk, click their name in the chat log, click the arrow in the lower left hand corner, an volia. You know their school.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
David,only one problem with your plan(But i see it is a very good one) what if the player was waiting in another world?

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
ororor you can just do the battle orders and it tells you everyones school based on pictures

Hero
May 19, 2009
David8675309 wrote:
I have a solution to not knowing what school your oppenents' schools are. (I picked up this trick from my friend Nichalos DarkFlame) Before the fight, get your oppenents to talk, click their name in the chat log, click the arrow in the lower left hand corner, an volia. You know their school.

Trick? thats not a trick, its just looking at someones character info.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2010
is it just me or is jkert the only one saying that this is a bad thing?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
jkert2001 wrote:

come on dud just make your own friends team. and how do you no there all friends??????????

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
tmann11 wrote:

yea

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
jkert2001 wrote:
There's always something that has to stink, and this is it. You wait 15 min or so to get a match and when you do; it's against a FRIENDS TEAM (They all know what they will do and are usually a couple storm or fire or ice people) This is messed up. First of all , we can't see what our opponents are (what school) but even if we could, they know what they will do when our un-friends team is just trying to work out a strategy. This is like CHEATING. There needs to be just FRIENDS vs FRIENDS TEAMS and OTHER...as well as the only way to RANK in PVP should be 1 vs 1.. Otherwise if you keep letting teams do what they are doing, THEY CAN'T LOSE!!!!! Then they brag they are high which I dont really care but it's a JOKE. They stacked the deck in the favor and that's why they can't lose. I like to play with unknown people but whats the point if you get washed off the arena floor because you allow them to teamup .. Losing in 4 rounds maybe 5 cause 2 or 3 guys have storm Lord. They wiped us off the floor and even after we rebirthed , firedragon and stunned them.. It is ludacris.. Please fix that issue. I am all for a FRIENDS TEAM TOURNAMENT.. I can find friends but this is like fighting Orick or Malistare with New Guys who keep porting into places they shouldnt be.

Good game overall I LOVE IT but the PVP needs work

Well...... YOU didnt team up with YOUR friends so its kinda your loss. but i do agree on friends team vs friends team cause my good pvp friends are hardly on and i end up with strangers who are as bad as me or worse and i lose 90% of the time like that

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I like his idea tho, I think he has a great idea to spilt up the two I myself like pairing up with random people makes it more fun for me except when they flee before they use any card than its a 2v1 instead of 2v2 happens alot I might add, but yet sometimes you find another good player, all I do is PvP and I do all team up with friends and random join makes it fun

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
an easy way to find your oppenets school, invovles menu chat, clike battle orders and click every one, and you will see the color of the school they are, black=death, yellow=myth, checking on?

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Dude stop whining, easy solution. Friends teams can still be beaten when you have a good strategy of your own. Either that or just join a friends team.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
tmann11 wrote:

XD ya i no maybe its because he is wrong.