Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low levels in dungeons

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 28, 2009
Ok so I was in Malistaire's dungeon and 2 of my friends decided they wanted to come! I told them to get their stronger wizards to help and they said no. They claimed they wanted to "help" then later one of them told me they were doing it for experience! Then later they will most likely want me to take them to another dungeon to level up! I think they should not let people who haven't already unlocked the dungeon get in.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Then how will you get help from higher level wizards? If you want help, then call two or three high leveled wizards. Though if you get two, a low level may just teleport to you. But it's only one.

Elizabeth MistLeaf
Level 35
Thaumaturge Wizard (Ice)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Agreed about experience-cheating (which is exactly what that is).

It wouldn't be practical to program the game so that players couldn't teleport into areas they haven't unlocked. What would be practical is to give zero experience to players fighting in worlds (i.e. Dragonspyre) that they don't own a Spiral Key to. That way, they can teleport into the Labyrinth or Malistaire or wherever and join the fight, but they won't get experience. It will stop the experience abuse of advancing from level 1 to level 10 in a few fights with bigger wizards.

Defender
May 28, 2009
fancymay wrote:
Then how will you get help from higher level wizards? If you want help, then call two or three high leveled wizards. Though if you get two, a low level may just teleport to you. But it's only one.

Elizabeth MistLeaf
Level 35
Thaumaturge Wizard (Ice)
Yes if you want from higher wizards, they most likely have the dungeon so it's all fine. I'm saying lower levels shouldn't be allowed to cheat by doing dungeons simply to cheat through levels.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
A simple solution to curtail the low levels who try and cheat/hack their way through game by teleporting to high level areas is for KI to set a level requirement of dungeon. Anyone can still port there to help friends,but if you are beneath the required level,then you would gain no experience and items for the duel.This would stop those that just port in and stand there and do nothing,except to mooch items and/or experience from the game. :)

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
fancymay wrote:

Elizabeth MistLeaf
Level 35
Thaumaturge Wizard (Ice)

Why do they need help? They can learn to do it on their own, you can't go through all levels with help from every one of them, maybe once in awhile.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
Melissa423771 wrote:
Ok so I was in Malistaire's dungeon and 2 of my friends decided they wanted to come! I told them to get their stronger wizards to help and they said no. They claimed they wanted to "help" then later one of them told me they were doing it for experience! Then later they will most likely want me to take them to another dungeon to level up! I think they should not let people who haven't already unlocked the dungeon get in.

NO!

my friend,jordan trollbreeze,(AND my real-life friend)

NEEDS me to help him in places like:the iron works*,sunken city*,AND MAnY MORE PLACES AROUND THE SPIRAL!

*those where past ones we did together.

now,jordan is a leval 34 last i checked.

ROBERT NIGHT RUNNER

MAGUS MYTH
LEVAL 32

destroying malistars plan,
1 world at a time.