Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lower level wizards getting into higher world

AuthorMessage
The Savior of the Spiral badge will no longer be rewarded for simply participating in the duel that defeats Malistaire. Players must have and complete the quest to receive the badge from now on.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
The Savior of the Spiral badge will no longer be rewarded for simply participating in the duel that defeats Malistaire. Players must have and complete the quest to receive the badge from now on.

Finally, I am tired of seeing noobs bragging in front of others cause they got the savior of the spiral badge.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2008
Who cares of a "noob" is in a bigger world they cant get much from this right? Sure pets,gear to sell or keep, but there not harming any one,sure they come in your fight a leave but thats a VERY minor thing.
~blake~

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I am being the devil's advocate. I don't think they should stop them from entering the worlds, because I know GM's that like bringing them to the advanced world.

I think the better solution would be to do something about the porting problem. This is how they are able to enter the worlds in the first place. If they set up an acceptance security, such as that like the friends accept, it would allow the higher lever or any wizard to accept if it is ok for the someone to port.

Once again, I had a lower level wizard port while I was farming and after laying all my traps, he ported in on me and I lost all my traps on a low level spell.

So, in conclusion, if they fix the port, they fix the problem.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
It all depends on their reason. I am in mooshu right now and I have an initiate friend that sometimes ports in on me while fighting, but she helps by putting shields and blades on me, and taking on a separate enemy from mine. So that stuff is okay with me, however when I was in marleybone there were all these noobs around that didn't know how to do anything properly so this is what happens: I fight a boss fight with my friend. My friend has some other very low level friends. Those apprentices, initiates, and even novices port to us while fighting the boss, attracting another minion, get scared by the huge health, then port away. Somehow they expect that will change later and soon the same person will do the same again. I had to repeat the WHOLE big ben because that happened and we died.
And also those selfish people out there, When I go to WC wearing my mooshu clothing, and go afk, I have to spend two minutes clicking NO TO FRIEND REQUESTS. A little bit much, isnt it? What I think is that in order to port to your friend, your friend has to accept that you can port. That would help with everything. The level cap to gain items and xp is also a good idea, because sometimes I like to call on my initiate theurgist friend just to cast some pixies, unicorns, and sprites on me during a boss fight.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
I can relate to the frustration of watching a lvl 15 strut around with a title they have not done the actual work needed to have the chance to earn it.

BRAVO! KI for fixing Savior of the Spiral badge... BRAVO!

Now lets see that apply to Oni Slayer, Sword Saint, and any other badge that comes from a world that they have not earned the right to be in.

IDEA ALERT

Here's one for your suggestion box...

If a player has not earned access to a world by completing the story line quests, they should only be allowed there with a group started by someone that has earned access and cannot engage fights without that player.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Dipsas wrote:
I disagree. Just politely ask them to stop or remove them from friends. You don't have to change things for everyone to make things better for yourself.

This is very true, and some of us have more than one account so that we can help our other lower level wizards get items/gold etc so that they will have the gear that they will need. I dont port with a lower level wizard to another world/battle etc unless I am asked to, and I know I can help. But usually I play both accounts and help myself advance and get gear.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Aztek350 wrote:
I totally agree with megaomega1. It is for that very reason that I will not be friends with anyone who it more than 5 levels below where I'm at. Being friends with someone because you like to play the game with them is one thing, but wanting to be friends just because you want access to a world you haven't earned the skills to be in anyway is just using people and that makes me really angry. The other thing that makes me really angry is when these same people join a battle get the extra enemy in and then flee.

Oh that makes me mad when people of any level port in, bring another enemy and leave, or when someone calls for help and you port, then they leave.