Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lower level wizards getting into higher world

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
It's annoying with wizards who are level 30 or under, some as low as level 15 or even one was level 8 who make their way to DS. I am a GM and play in the drake hatchery usually to get gear to sell as so much is now spent on pet snacks. These lower levels arrive and join in the battle, they do not know what they are doing and will hit the targets with a low spell usually with a weak wand spell or something that does very little damage taking off all my traps and converts, I end up doing all the work and having to replace the traps etc, while they do very little and at the end of the battle they walk away with level 45 and 50 gear. Can KI do anything about these young wizards who thinks its okay to join in a battle that they are not ready for?

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
I totally agree.
If they have already got a GM then i don't mind as they usually know what they are playing at. They can add some traps etc to support the big spells.
But i think that KI should stop noobs hitching rides to higher worlds. If they want people to play the game properly and to increase the longevity of the game they should restrict low level travel to other worlds.

no doubt they'll do nothing though as they have now taken a sharp turn towards being a money grabbing company that doesn't listen to it's subscibers.( writing on here now because i couldn't "connect to server" again). and all they seem intrested in is getting kids hooked on the pet pavillion so they can bug their parents for crowns.

Death, Life, Storm, Myth and balance GM.

Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
That happens to me all the time, I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me. KI should do something about it.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I agree. I think if you haven't earned your way into a world, then you should not be able to port to it. I believe it can be done, since there are towers that no one can port to you while you are in them.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
This is the exact same problem I am having right now in the Plaza of Conquests. Time after time me and my group of friends are interrupted by wizards as low as first level! As the OP said, these wizards mess up our traps and make it extremely difficult to play. It would be nice if there was some sort of restriction on who can go to certain areas. My suggestion would be to only allow people into an area that they've completed the story quest to get into. For example for a wizard to teleport into mooshu they would have to complete the Marleybone story line quests.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Tell me about it, I agree with you wholeheartedly but also want to add how they get to one of these places and just scream for help from us higher level wizards and we pop in to help and find ourselves earning their xp points for them. They should not be there to begin with. I had a level 31 there the other day doing all the side quests he could get already and everything and everywhere I went I was getting a call for him for help I finally had to put him on ignore.
Some of them don't realize that we are doing other things we played our game to get where we are they should play theirs. I did all of my wizards with no help from anyway. That was my choice and I understand and do not mind helping but I can not see the call for help for everything to the point that we are actually playing their game for them and they get bragging rights I completed that at this level. Yes, sure you did who did it for you is the question.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
I agree there should be some limitations with this. I believe its not necessary for lower level wizards to make their way into worlds 2 or 3 ahead of their current area. I do believe it should be okay to advance to one world ahead to get level appropriate gear(if a wizard does all the side quests they will be able to wear gear from the world ahead of their current world). Or even perhaps restrict low level wizards to just allow them into the commons area of advanced worlds and not the particular areas, etc.

Explorer
May 23, 2009

I really dont think KI will care because to buy areas you need crowns or a subscripion. There happy as long as they make money, so give up!

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
steelerfan66 wrote:
I totally disagree! I am Lvl. 30 and still dont have acsess to marlybone! The only way I can get farther in the game is by teleporting to my friends.

first of all you dont get further in the game by teleporting to others and second how bout trying to do a quest.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
i totally agree with you guys ive just entered mooshu and when i go to wizard city with mooshu gear i have a whole bunch of noobs like lv 15 and 16 that wants to be my friend JUST SO THEY CAN GO TO MOOSHU do you know how annoying thAT IS!?!?

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
My rule has been that if someone is really low-level for the area I'm in, and they join my fight without asking first, I will give them 2 rounds to make themselves useful. If they don't use those 2 rounds wisely, I flee and switch realms.

This is especially easy in Dragonspyre, since when you flee, you end up in a room full of mana wisps.

If the low-level people bother you, I'd suggest coming up with a similar solution.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
I cant agree nor disagree because Sometimes I port to my friends in DS with my level 20 balance wizard so I can blade and put traps for them but I still help. I usually do the side quests with them in the different towns unless I KNOW that I will need to do the same quest at a higher level.

Thanks!
-Talon LF. - Lvl 47 Ice Master

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
This is a problem.

Lower leveled players port into duels they aren't equipped to handle, bringing more mobs for you to deal with.

Maybe introducing a level cap for each world would help to solve this, or as was said above, not allowing players to port to worlds unless they have completed the one prior.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
I disagree. Just politely ask them to stop or remove them from friends. You don't have to change things for everyone to make things better for yourself.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Agree one hundred percent tired of low levels trying to hitch a ride all the way to malistaire who story wise have not even left wizard city.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
I totally agree with megaomega1. It is for that very reason that I will not be friends with anyone who it more than 5 levels below where I'm at. Being friends with someone because you like to play the game with them is one thing, but wanting to be friends just because you want access to a world you haven't earned the skills to be in anyway is just using people and that makes me really angry. The other thing that makes me really angry is when these same people join a battle get the extra enemy in and then flee.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
And when the new world comes out I bet you see low levels everywhere to get a look at what's new.

for me it would ruin the surprise of new content if I did'nt earn my way there.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
I can't say that i disagree with you guys, but i don't think totally closing off areas will do that much good.
Sometimes a high level wizard who's on the brink of death is happy to get a lower level friend to help him out until a healer arrives, even if that lowerlevel wiz only serves as punching bag and trap support.
Also, if that lowere level wiz is a healer, he can heal the higher level wizard and maybe help him overcome the battle.
I'm level 25 balance wizard and it happened once that a firend called for help, and i ended up in dragonspyre, I somehow made it long enough until help arrived. Then i ported back to my quests.
The problem is not that lower level wizards port to higher areas, but the way they do it.
My suggestion would be to enable players to shut their battles off from non-friend and non-group players.
Like this, if you don't want other people to join your battle, you activate it and then only your friends and people in your group may enter it.
also about lower level friends who port to higher areas and only ask for help: either you delete him from friends-list or you make it clear to them that they arrived in the wrong world.
The only thing i can say is choose your friends carefully guys (and girls :P).

Explorer
May 23, 2009
sickk wrote:
I cant agree nor disagree because Sometimes I port to my friends in DS with my level 20 balance wizard so I can blade and put traps for them but I still help. I usually do the side quests with them in the different towns unless I KNOW that I will need to do the same quest at a higher level.

Thanks!
-Talon LF. - Lvl 47 Ice Master

I totally agree.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
There is a difference in those who teleport in to help others,and those that port in just to mooch experience and items from combat in a place they really don't belong. The first thing people need to do is be a little more selective with whom you befriend. If some random person runs up and wants to befriend, just say no,or keep the option turned off until you decide you do want to make someone a friend. Anyone on your list who ports in uninvited is probably not a friend,and at least has some manner and/or maturity issues. Simply remove the people who do that.
The bigger problem with all the low levels trying to invade higher realms for gear and experience, is it causes a problem for the people who need the area for quests. The Plaza of Conquests is an excellent example. I have been to that area several times with high level wizards who need it,and the battle areas are all full.<changing realms didn't help either,they were full also> Upon closer inspection,a good portion of people who don't belong there was low level levels trying to get a pet,items,or mooching easy experience. KI needs to make a level standard for the area. Anyone below that level will not receive items/experience there. People would still be able to port in and help friends,but the selfish hacks and moochers would gain nothing.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Aztek350 wrote:
I totally agree with megaomega1. It is for that very reason that I will not be friends with anyone who it more than 5 levels below where I'm at. Being friends with someone because you like to play the game with them is one thing, but wanting to be friends just because you want access to a world you haven't earned the skills to be in anyway is just using people and that makes me really angry. The other thing that makes me really angry is when these same people join a battle get the extra enemy in and then flee.

i hate that also when they come and flee and make you fight more enemies, one time i was in mb with my friend and we were fighting an enemy, then my other friend randomly ported to me, added an extra enemy in, then left the scene, we died cause of him

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I don't see it being a huge programming issue to restrict player access.
You cannot use the Spiral Gate without a key. Maybe require a Spiral Key for the worlds players are trying to port to?

At the least, automatically disable the port when players are involved in a duel.

As to choosing your friends, I can't control the player next to me.

Explorer
May 23, 2009

Well the i am a high enough lvl to do other world quests so

connor29475 wrote:
steelerfan66 wrote:
I totally disagree! I am Lvl. 30 and still dont have acsess to marlybone! The only way I can get farther in the game is by teleporting to my friends.

first of all you dont get further in the game by teleporting to others and second how bout trying to do a quest.

Explorer
May 23, 2009
and i do, do quests

connor29475 wrote:
steelerfan66 wrote:

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Yeah, you know, it gets pretty annoying when I see level 20 people (or so) walking around with the badge ''Savior of the Spiral''. There are a lot of people on this game that work really hard to achieve goals and quests and end up being within the same rank as someone who hasn't even beaten Krokotopia yet. It's annoying and it doesn't give the game much meaning nor give you the feeling of accomplishment. But there's not much we can do to stop it, right? That is until Kings Isle does something about it.