Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bat wings for free, can t be true?!?!?!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Hey so i was in the commons with some friends the other day and one of my friends showes me bat wings he just got and he said he got them from the kraken !!! Is this true if you fight it enough can you really get wings ???? answer back if you know. ty. :D

Mason Firehunter level 35 Pyromancer

Mount rentals are available on many bosses throughout the Spiral!

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
oh ok so you cant actually get permanent ones through bosses i got. ty for the help.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Mdarchangel wrote:
oh ok so you cant actually get permanent ones through bosses i got. ty for the help.
No you could get wings/mounts from bosses.

My friend got bat wings from alicline swiftarrow and all i got was that crown dagger :?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Mdarchangel wrote:

No. Zeke said you get rental mounts, not permanent ones.

And just a note, the clock on the rental starts clicking down when you get the drop, not when you start using the rental.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Mdarchangel wrote:

My friend got bat wings from alicline swiftarrow and all i got was that crown dagger :?

that stinks lol one time we and a level 50 friend were fighting in ds and he was trying to get a special type of death boots and u ended up getting them he was really reall mad. lol

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Mdarchangel wrote:

Some bosses drop perma wings, Malistaire drops Bat Wings, I believe.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
Mdarchangel wrote:

Some bosses drop perma wings, Malistaire drops Bat Wings, I believe.

Really? sweet!!! of course an noob like me would totally die fighting malistair lol

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
I hate the drop rate these days. One time my friend got the sword I was trying to get! It sucked. THEN, I got the ring HE was trying to get. Good times, good times.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Rental Mounts is still good. You can fight other types of bosses to get 2 Mounts. (Rental maybe Permanent.)

[edited by Zeke]Spoiler information such as this is for the fansites, not the official site[/edit]

Other high level bosses can drop Permanent ones. Gotta do some farming. ;)

Hope I helped!

Defender
Jun 03, 2009

Alright lets get an honest answer out of Kings AND Zeke shall we I saw on the sign in a while back and it said bosses are dropping more/ and /or that broom you've been wanting may be one of those drops. So Zeke and Kings which is it are they brooms, wings any permanent mounts at all?
I have seen the pony with starry hind-end is that a rental to I know thats a drop. Come on tell the players please.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
Mdarchangel wrote:
Hey so i was in the commons with some friends the other day and one of my friends showes me bat wings he just got and he said he got them from the kraken !!! Is this true if you fight it enough can you really get wings ???? answer back if you know. ty. :D

i got one 8)

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
Mdarchangel wrote:

You can also get them from Lady BlackHope on Unicorn Way

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I need to clear up something right now. You CAN'T get permanent mounts from bosses, not even Malistaire. Bosses drop one day mounts ( seraph wings, bat wings, starlight pony, etc.) BUT NOT permanent mounts.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
Yes, :) if you fight enough you can get a 1 day rental i got batwings from fighting the kraken :)