Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Who else things the 1pt per game ruins Pets?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2010
For those of you who read ths not knowing what i'm refering to, you will find out if you use your pets in the minigames enough.

I loved the pet system. I was lucky enough to get a Myth Fairy drop and I really liked using it in battle. The minigames were okay, considering how my favorite (Cannon) was still slightly bugged, but regardless, I likedthe pets. I usually got all 4 emp points per game, and I was happy about that, and I enjoyed my pet hittng MAX in the stats. But then I stopped liking it.

Afterwards, you only get 1 EXP per game which i did not like. I still needed 300 EXP to get to Ancient, and I assume 1000 more til Epic. That
is obnoxious at 1 EXP a game, and i think it geniunely ruined Pets from then on out. My original plan was to get all my pets (My dropped Fairy, my quest Cyclops, and my starter Pig) to Epic and use their attributes in combat according to the situation. But now, I don't even feel the need to waste my time to have such a restriction.

If you agree, say so, if not, more power to you I suppose for being okay with this. I just hope Wizard101 will at least make it so I get the EXP I use to get (4 for perfect, 3 for awesome), that way I can feel like I accoplished something once the minigame is over.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I comletely agree with you. A lot of players in the test realm , includeing me complained about that same thing ! But KI ignored us all and pushed it threw to live realm anyway. The pets could have been a lot of fun but not the way it is . Its just to time consuming and monotonues to get them to epic level now.

Hopefully the powers that be might still wake up and realize their mistake. If they make it so teadious and near impossible for me to level just one pet up to epic , then why would I waste my money buying a second or third pet ? Just to be tortured with thousands upon thousands more boring minigames ?

Honestly if they don't care about their customers opinions. I think the loss of potential revenue would be enough to motivate a change. If we could level pets faster we might buy pets faster - get it KI ???

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I agree, even at 4 points per game, having the silly games as the only way to upgrade pets is more aggravation than reward. I no longer bother. What we need is pets gaining experience in combat like wizards.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
rofl lucky, i need 800 and this happened. sadly it doesnt go up like our level and empties and save the data, that be a perfect fix. maybe each bar can be filled twice. reasonable,no?

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
I was just searching to find out how I can increase my stats now that I maxed out the various bars.
My Stormzilla is only on 225 of the 1000 required to make epic so I guess I am supposed to be in for a long haul.
Does that mean that i get the rest of her power in the most gradual way possible, she's on 53 (18) at the moment.
Certainly seems ridiculous to be able to get to one 1/3 of it's potential with fun and games and then dragged the rest out for what seems like an eternity.

I've been playing since mid November 09 and have done all the crafting too, so it's not as if i mind putting the time in to the game but 1 point is a joke.
If this is the case I think I'll forget pets as a big waste of time and not bother with renewing my subcription as Celestia is not going to keep me occupied for long when it is released.
I have bought a couple of hundred thousand crowns too so I am good paying customer that will be leaving for sure.

Molly Earthblossom GM Diviner/Master Artisan
Matthew Starshel GM Necromancer/Master Artisan
Oran GM Conjurer/ Master Artisan
Mason Nightfist GM Sorcerer/Master Artisan
Logan TitanHeart GM Theurgist/Master Artisan
Jessica Starshield Initiate Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
It certainly has made a lot of people not participate in any of the pet leveling and hatching. The 1 pt per game means that probably none of my pets will ever reach Epic.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
It is worse than 1 point per game. If it is not near perfect game it is zero.
Good luck doing perfects a 1000 time just to make epic.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
just do the maze game and get 70 points, it's a simple way to get max points.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
apostlesmock wrote:

The maze is luck. If the clock are not were you can find then you are out if luck. Or the ghost can freeze you and you get hit over and over by ghost lot letting you move. The cannon is more repeatable but it is full of bugs. They say that they know but this was in the test area and reported many weeks ago.
I still do not know why they did not fix the reported bugs before going live and makeing everyone suffer.

Hero
May 19, 2009
wichmann59 wrote:
apostlesmock wrote:

The maze is luck. If the clock are not were you can find then you are out if luck. Or the ghost can freeze you and you get hit over and over by ghost lot letting you move. The cannon is more repeatable but it is full of bugs. They say that they know but this was in the test area and reported many weeks ago.
I still do not know why they did not fix the reported bugs before going live and makeing everyone suffer.

lol.. i agree with the maze game. it is extremly easy i get 90+ points on it. every time so far i have gotten all perfect on every one i played. So luck has nothing to do with it , luck has nothing to do with any of the other minigames as well.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I agree, but I also had not realized that the potential for the maze game was 70 points. I'll check it out. If it's true, it might save a this disaster of an update for a previously loyal (but now VERY disgruntled) player.

EDIT: I have no idea how people are getting 70+ points in the maze, but this was not my experience. I got several perfect games, and still only recieved a single point of XP. My guess is that the posters do not have an Ancient pet.

Survivor
May 25, 2010
I'm glad so many agree, I just recieved a pet as a drop, which looked strong, and immediately I was sad because it'll never bee epic. And Shaggy, I'm not sure if I read your post correctly, but the points they're talking about is in-maze, how many food you collect. I've gotten 103 (I'm proud of it) and still only the one point for experiance, it's just the maze is easy for me so I do it for that sweet, sweet one experiance.

Survivor
May 29, 2010
I agree that the 1 pt for a perfect score at the dance game is very, very lame. My pet is maxed out on all of his stats.

The only think that makes a difference is feeding him snacks that he likes adds a point so he goes up 2 instead of one... but at this rate... it really deters me from enjoying the pet factor much.

I am not a major gamer so completing the maze... may not be luck as some say here but it requires skill that I do not have so...

2 points a game is the most I can hope for...

Maybe they could add a new level of challenge for pets who have maxed their stats? so that it would not take 'forever' for them to gain experience?

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I agree. With everyone on this topic. It really is more annoyance and agravtion to only be able to upgrade your pets through the minigames. I get sick of doing it. I find the dance game and the maze game extremely easy. But still. Ok your maxed out. Now what? You have to do game after game getting at the most 2 EXP each. One from a snack one from the game. If you need 1000 EXP to get to Epic from Ancient you have to wait and do anywhere from at least 500 - 1000 games. Most people with probably feed snacks after each game so still your at what. 500 more to go. I already get annoyed with the games as it is and i'm not nearly close to even getting to max or simply enough, Adult. I get annoyed with the games because it takes so long. As a grandmaster I only have 48 energy. That's 12 games. Then I have to wait 480 minutes for it to come back. 40 just for one games. If i get perfect scores every time (Not likely with my skill) i'd only get 48 EXP. It still takes FOREVER. If I were to only get 1 EXP per game. I'd give up and stop playing with that pet. Maybe use him and/or her in derbies but not training anymore.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2008
The only way to get your pet experience is to play minigames. The only way to play the minigames is to have energy. The only way to have energy is to let it regenerate at one point every ten minutes.
For one, the minigames aren't that great. My favorite one is the maze game because it's adventurous and fun. But the others are too... cliche? I mean.. come on. Simon Says? Hit the Target? Stand Under the Food and Wait for it to Hit You? Please make either A.) More of a variety of games. Or B.) Change the games. Make them fun.
Also, it's just not logical (in terms of wizardly logic :P). A pet shouldn't get powerful by playing arcade games. If it plays games all the time, how is it supposed to know how to fight? Pets need to gain power and intelligence by fighting with your character. That way, they can physically gain power and experience the correct way.
Alright, I'm not done yet.
Energy is hard to get. I used up all of my energy the first time I experienced the Pet Pavilion. I thought that there would be some kind of boost or potion or magic that could bring your points back up, but I was silly for thinking that. I was greatly disappointed when searching through the shops, looking for something to get my pet's energy back up, and I realized that the only way is to either wait or buy it with real money (which, unfortunately, I can't do). I had to wait 40 minutes to play another game. Then I had to wait another 40 minutes to play another game. I didn't do that, I'm just saying that that is how long you would have to wait to play another game, assuming that your pet's energy is at zero. Why not let your pet rest to gain energy? It seems logical that your pet would want to rest if it has no energy. The longer you let your pet rest, the more energy it gains.
Those simple fixes would make the new pet system a lot more fun and enjoyable instead of boring and frustrating.
Hey KingsIsle, you should make a poll about the pet system. Just ask something that will benefit it greatly. Please.

Thank you for reading this,
Erica SpiritCaster

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
shaggyzon2 wrote:
I agree, but I also had not realized that the potential for the maze game was 70 points. I'll check it out. If it's true, it might save a this disaster of an update for a previously loyal (but now VERY disgruntled) player.

EDIT: I have no idea how people are getting 70+ points in the maze, but this was not my experience. I got several perfect games, and still only recieved a single point of XP. My guess is that the posters do not have an Ancient pet.

i have an acient pet but it's easy to get 70 on the maze game, time your ghost eating star so you get a couple of ghosts too. i get between 70 and 95 per game no problem but now only get the 1 point per game so have left pet pavillion as it's a waste of time.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
wichmann59 wrote:
apostlesmock wrote:

lol.. i agree with the maze game. it is extremly easy i get 90+ points on it. every time so far i have gotten all perfect on every one i played. So luck has nothing to do with it , luck has nothing to do with any of the other minigames as well.

tuck your sarcasm in your pants, play the cannon game more and find yourself hitting bull's eye and get a message saying better luck next time. and play the gobbler drop game more and find yourself not getting any clocks, see if you still get perfect that way.
ignorance you even said such outragous thing. luck is the MARJOR factor in this game, ask around if you dont believe me

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
Tinetiarna wrote:
I agree, even at 4 points per game, having the silly games as the only way to upgrade pets is more aggravation than reward. I no longer bother. What we need is pets gaining experience in combat like wizards.

I was thinking the same way too. i dont want to play hours on end with the mini petgames just to get a few lousy points! i would like it that everytime we finish 1 quest the pets upgrade XP points too just like we do. :( just saying...

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
I agree, it has totally put me off levelling my baby stormzilla, or any other pet.

I was happy to break up questing and farming with pet games. Getting my storm cat to ancient hasn't taken long, it just required a little commitment, but this is outrageous. Even if I continued to play the pet games very casually over a period of many months there isn't much indication that the time spent will be worth it. It seems I'd be better off raising my other pets to ancient but I haven't got the heart to now. :(

Given the lack of response about this issue I think that KI intends pet levelling to be this way to dissuade most from achieving epic. Hopefully with enough feedback from players they'll change it.

In the mean time they could at least change the "Your pet has not improved" message to something less discouraging for those who really want to persevere.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't mandatory to raise some pet's levels just to get the card.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
I concur with everyone above. I went from wanting to work hard to achieve multiple Epic pets, to deciding that I'll be lucky if I bother to make a single pet reach Epic.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
Given that its been days of posts on this and other related posts on the issue without direct administrative response seems promising that they are working on the issue. Usually they would have a response if they didnt want to look into it or fully feel there is nothing much they can do about the issue.

Hopefully, we will soon be able to advance our xp without being affected by stats. After all, stats is only an issue with the derby and if a person is willing to bring their pet to epic with low stats they deserve to lag in the arena. But there are other more interesting reasons to advance a pet to epic and that is to enhance wizard performance, which surprisingly make a difference in wizard performance, and having an epic pet is like having a grand wizard (too many reasons to list).

So, it wouldn't hurt to be patience as silence here is often a virtue and hopefully we will soon see an update that includes our ability to level up our pet with little or no effect on pet derby max stats.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
I agree with everyone. You get near perfect game to get 1xp. You can also get another one xp by feeding it with their favorite snacks (buy the least expensive since, those you can buy in WC, and not all works so find out which one will work for your pet). This certainly is a joke getting only 1 or 2 per game. The mega snacks is equally joke considering that it is useles when your pet is maxed. If they want to make money out ofthat, then at least make the mega snacks works ,otherwise, thats cheating!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
I agree, 1 point for perfect score is ridiculous. I maxed out my pet but don't think I will expend the effort to take it to epic (795 perfect games to go :( ). This is VERY dissappointing as I was looking forward to see what epic would bring. KI please reconsider the 1 point max per game, at least give the 4,3,2 or 1 based on how well you've done at playing. You have a great idea with the pets, don't turn players off by frustrating them.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I agree i love the new pets. Except for the 1 xp once your pet stats are maxed. I need 813 points to get to epic it will take 135 days playing once a day. And have perfect games every time. I can get a perfect game on the maze game. But taking that long is the pits. I don't want to have to buy crowns just to refill energy, to play more often. Maybe that is Kingsisle goal. And this is just one wizard to work on. Does not even consider the other five that i have.
How can they say the game is balanced. How would you like to take 4 months to get a level on one of your wizards. At this point is a pet worth this much time and effort.
And just a comment on hatching. How much have you paid for a piece of equipment. Does it even come close to hatching costs?