Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet drop rate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
Ahh yes I'm here to complain about the pet drop rate. I have been farming in DS where you have the 4 bosses. I have been farming them since the new pet system came into being. I have spent hours and hours trying to farm them. Let's just say I was able to buy a school specific house because with gold because of how much I farmed them. That's 100K gold just for the house. Now you ask how many pets was I able to get while farming. A big fat 0. That's how many.

The drop rate for these pets is way off if I spend an average of 4 hours a day durring the week and well a lot more on the weekend. I have had probably around 100 battles looking for the death minataur alone. Still no pet.

Then I've spent about an hour and a half total all week farming for the 1 day mount drops. I now have 16 myth sprites. (I decided to make an army of them on my life wiz. Just because I have so many.) I honestly think things are way off if I can get 16 myth sprites in around an hour and a half and no death minataurs with 100 battles. I might add I was able to find 5 statues, 3 snowflake obelisks, a deck, and numberous clothing items while farming. And that's just from one of the bosses. That should tell you something.

I'm sure many people are having the same problem that I am. I know I've been farming with a friend who's on just as much as I have been. She still has yet to get a pet in that area as well. I've talked to many players, who after a week of farming that area haven't found any pets either. I have even had players question if they did drop pets at all. I've only personally seen 2 pets drop in the week I've been farming. Even being on full realms.

Please, please, please adjust the drop rates so that it's actually possible to get a decent pet. I'm not say have everyone get one on the first try. I'm just saying it's a bit rediculous to farm as many hours as I have and not have any pets to show for it. (Well in that area. I'm not talking about the myth spritese here.)

Thank you

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I SO agree with you here. I am almost level 22 and I have had only ONE pet drop (but at least it was a snow serpent). KI please increase the rate at which pets drop!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
nimawai wrote:
Ahh yes I'm here to complain about the pet drop rate. I have been farming in DS where you have the 4 bosses. I have been farming them since the new pet system came into being. I have spent hours and hours trying to farm them. Let's just say I was able to buy a school specific house because with gold because of how much I farmed them. That's 100K gold just for the house. Now you ask how many pets was I able to get while farming. A big fat 0. That's how many.

The drop rate for these pets is way off if I spend an average of 4 hours a day durring the week and well a lot more on the weekend. I have had probably around 100 battles looking for the death minataur alone. Still no pet.

Then I've spent about an hour and a half total all week farming for the 1 day mount drops. I now have 16 myth sprites. (I decided to make an army of them on my life wiz. Just because I have so many.) I honestly think things are way off if I can get 16 myth sprites in around an hour and a half and no death minataurs with 100 battles. I might add I was able to find 5 statues, 3 snowflake obelisks, a deck, and numberous clothing items while farming. And that's just from one of the bosses. That should tell you something.

I'm sure many people are having the same problem that I am. I know I've been farming with a friend who's on just as much as I have been. She still has yet to get a pet in that area as well. I've talked to many players, who after a week of farming that area haven't found any pets either. I have even had players question if they did drop pets at all. I've only personally seen 2 pets drop in the week I've been farming. Even being on full realms.

Please, please, please adjust the drop rates so that it's actually possible to get a decent pet. I'm not say have everyone get one on the first try. I'm just saying it's a bit rediculous to farm as many hours as I have and not have any pets to show for it. (Well in that area. I'm not talking about the myth spritese here.)

Thank you

i was trying to get a pet at nightshade and my friends get it but i don't get it hard you get its a banshee because i was going to put in my house so they are free in my yard.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I understand that sometimes we all want the rare pets, and i have spent a long amount of time farming the banshee from nightshade... still no luck i might add... But i think thats what makes it fun. Knowing that when you finaly get the pet it is something rare. If KI was to increase the pet drop rate a lot of these pets would not longer be valuable. Do you really want that? Also some pets are much more rare then others... Like the death minotaur, I never see a lot of people with that. Maybe the ones who have it just got lucky. I have also seen questions on the forum that have asked if it actually exists. Rare right? I am actually not suprised that, even playing for a long time, many people don't get it.
Destiny Dayflower
Level 28 Thuergist
Prince Vaden (storm salamander)

Hero
May 19, 2009
No dont increase the pet drop rate it is fine the way it is. If getting the death minotaur and spectre were made as easy to get as the myth sprite then everyone would have one.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
I TOTTALLY AGREE when i was trying to get life minotaur ive had around 200 battles in history of one day i had my friend come help me he got the life minotaur tree times in a row! REGARDS Grand Master Theurgist Logan GREEN STalker ME! YAY

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
I AGREE the most tHEY MUST LOWER IT i hope they do it we need a whole lot of people to be a storger demand then they will do it or people willl quit so i hope people go with me vote yes on making the price lower sorry i yelled

THANKS!!!!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
It ain't that hard, it takes me about 20 fights a battle, being grand helps with that, it's why I got over fifty pets, no lie, I will show you all of them if you ask.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
I must be a really lucky wizard, cause when I fight a boss to get a pet, I usually get it in less then 10 battles.No mean to brag.Duncan death dust 32 necromancer

Explorer
Feb 24, 2010
i usally am NOT lucky but i agree i had farmed for the spectre for hours and hours, my friend comes in and gets it on first. but when i did malistare i got storm hound on FIRST (no meaning to brag) try but you gotta try other pet drops then come back to the 1 u want. i've gotten lucky due to that so try it. BUT LOWER THE DROP RATE KINGSISLE!!!!!! its completly unfair and i fell jelious when i get a pet on first and my friend farms for like a total of like 6 hrs straight every day till he gets it(and he still hasent :()

SO LOWER IT!