Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Extreme lag after the latest patch?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2008
I've noticed that with the newest pet patch, everything lags for me. I used to play on the highest settings possible easily with zero lag, but now I can't even stop the lag on the lowest settings.

It takes forever for other players, NPCs, pets, even my own character to load on the screen. A lot of the time when I first spawn into zones I will be a completely red default Wizard with it's hands stuck out to the side and it's feet pointed straight down. Sort of like a base model, I guess.

I'm not sure exactly what has changed, or why it is such a problem now. All I know is the game has become pretty much a chore to play due to the fact I have to wait so long to even see the things around me. This is pretty bad considering I just paid for a year subscription, and I'd hate for it all to go to waste because I can't play hardly.

Is it possible to fix this issue? :(

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
many people have this same problem
the new pet patch are awesome in idea, but someone who make it, mess it total

i have 2g b RAM and i have lag in every situation
i almost cannot move in such room like Dragon hatchery

after every loading new area i see red character there where should be mine wizard... or i don't see nothing

now i can only stand in mine house and craft snacks
or, if i have lucky day, i can play on pet game, but even with pet game i have problems

PS. Cannon game are total messed up, even if i shot forth time bulls eye, there are information, better luck next time, and zero points, waste of time and energy

PS: i am from Poland
w

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
I agree with this.

Since the pet update, I've been seeing screen freezes, crashes, and certain jittery lag all round. And when the game freezes, my computer freezes as well.

I have virtually nothing on my computer and my graphics card has the latest update. This isn't on my end, and especially since many others are having problems as well.
Ran beautifully prior to the update.

I've canceled my sub until this is sorted out. I can't play this way. :(