Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fields need a update

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
If you havent noticed for all the fields, they leave out arua spells. For sanctuary it works for all of the healings of sprite and regen. But fields such as ice and fire, the field only effects the first hit of a arua spell. What if i want to use frostbite and then the field? i can but the field wont affect the arua part of the attack. Does anyone else thinks this needs to be fixed

Delver
May 29, 2009
Not really. The global needs to be cast BEFORE the spell to ensure that you get the maximum damage boost. Casting a DOT then the global hoping the subsequent turns will increase is like saying let's cast the DOT and then I will put a blade on. It has to be up and active at the beginning of the spell.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
reply to miklai~ Yes i know that but a field spell should be different, that is what i am saying, read before you post
Nexus~ Yes cause they linger

Hero
May 19, 2009
huh.. i never noticed that before i guess ill go try it out. But alec is right it should be fixed bc its supposed to affect all of its school spells. If i were to put a fire trap after i cast fire dragon, the fire dragon would still get a boost so the field should be able to do the same.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
reply to miklai~ Yes i know that but a field spell should be different, that is what i am saying, read before you post

Perhaps you should read before you post.

Miklai was replying to your original post:
Does anyone else thinks this needs to be fixed

then went on to explain why.

And I happen to agree with him. An auro enhances all the spells AFTER it has been cast. It does not and should not effect any lingering spells that had been cast beforehand.

Delver
May 29, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
reply to miklai~ Yes i know that but a field spell should be different, that is what i am saying, read before you post Excuse me but I did read before I posted. I am not in the habit of talking idly or posting random replies without first reading what the OP was say. You asked for an opinion and I gave you mine plus the reason. There is no reason to be rude or tacky to anyone who might happen to disagree with you about one thing.

Perhaps you should read before you post. Ty Preacher7719

Miklai was replying to your original post:
Does anyone else thinks this needs to be fixed

then went on to explain why.

And I happen to agree with him. An auro enhances all the spells AFTER it has been cast. It does not and should not effect any lingering spells that had been cast beforehand.

Exactly. It is just like if I had been hit with Poison or Heckhound, I cannot expect that a shield I put up on the following round (after the fact) should keep the damage to a minimal before it hits me. No. The spell was cast BEFORE I decided to shield therefore I will be hit first then I will be shielded for the next round. I don't get to cast my shield BEFORE the next round hits.

Same with the aura, global, dome, bubble (whatever you want to call it). I don't want to be in a PvP match where someone hits me with Frostbite and I am thinking it's all fine because they weren't buffed or boosted much and I had a shield. Then the next turn they cast (or their teammate casts Balefrost) and all of a sudden the damage has been increased lowering my health immensely and forcing me to heal and/or change my strategy, while they have time to do what they need to because their DOT is whittling me away more than it should. Especially if you play in groups where you have friends who are of the same school.

BTW Preacher7719-I am a she :D