Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is there a death dispel?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Death is a low hitting, life stealing class. In PvP, a death being dispelled will completely render the class useless. A full geared death hitting a full geared wizard (commander gear) with a wraith is around 380 damage or so with no blades or nothing. Not only is that extremely weak, but it takes 6 pips to do so. We use this as a source to heal ourselves as well, and it's a very small amount of health to gain, but it's health none the less.

So, onto the point of dispel. If we were to be dispelled and lose 6 pips and gain no health, then where do we stand other than spinning our head as we're dead in the arena? Our decks have to completely change just to get rid of death dispel.. We have to put cards like dark sprite in our decks just to counter it. So now that we've wasted 1 pip to get rid of it we should be in the clear to do whatever we need, like poison. Oh wait, that could be dispelled too so say bye to 4 more pips and now your wraith has to hit a death shield. Well, so much for death class.

Oh, and as for our minions... Lol.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
I am not that high level yet (38), but I have been dueling in the arena against level 50s for a while now and still pull off wins as a death class. Soloing is easy as can be and so far dueling hasn't been hard at all. Only thing strange I had happen was a storm student hit me for 2400 on his first turn and killed me, no idea what he used though.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
qXiLL wrote:
Death is a low hitting, life stealing class. In PvP, a death being dispelled will completely render the class useless. A full geared death hitting a full geared wizard (commander gear) with a wraith is around 380 damage or so with no blades or nothing. Not only is that extremely weak, but it takes 6 pips to do so. We use this as a source to heal ourselves as well, and it's a very small amount of health to gain, but it's health none the less.

So, onto the point of dispel. If we were to be dispelled and lose 6 pips and gain no health, then where do we stand other than spinning our head as we're dead in the arena? Our decks have to completely change just to get rid of death dispel.. We have to put cards like dark sprite in our decks just to counter it. So now that we've wasted 1 pip to get rid of it we should be in the clear to do whatever we need, like poison. Oh wait, that could be dispelled too so say bye to 4 more pips and now your wraith has to hit a death shield. Well, so much for death class.

So your crying over a feature that actually balances the game? It would be unfair if death did not have a card to dispell, balance now has a dispell, so don't complain about them.

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
I have a feeling that someone conplained to KI about only the elemental (Fire, Ice, Storm) schools getting dispels only. So, KI listened and made Spirit Dispels. These dispels can even dispel Balance(?), as well as Life, Death, and Myth. Ususally, when you have a dispel on you, you just fizzle. If you aren't fizzling and lossing all your pips, ect., you should probably report it as a bug.
-Amber Rosepetal

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
Even with a death dispel, death is still a very powerful school. The death charm (what I call death blade) gives 40%, your curse gives 20%, your death trap gives 30% and your feint gives 70%. Your wraith should hit between 525 and 575(I believe) so add 165% to that for your hit. That's a lot of damage. The minions are not too bad. If your opponent puts up a death shield, bring in a minion to break that shield for you.

If you learn how to play death school, you will be just fine even with a death dispel.

The above damage and power percentages are strictly from memory so my numbers could be slightly off.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
Not every card introduced into the game is based on PvP. Not everyone who plays Wizard101 plays PvP.

This dispell card would actually be very useful when battling monsters on the various streets and areas around Wizard101. When I saw them, not once did PvP enter into my mind.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
qXiLL wrote:

its called: get a death wand and use it.