Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

advancing pets from ancient to epic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2009
I've just realized that after you max your stats you stop getting xp for playing the games. this makes it extremely annoying to advance from ancient to epic. I still have a few agility xp left so I get credit for that, but I lose any snack points that don't go towards an open slot.

example:
an orthrus has a total of 1130 possible xp (strength will etc.).
to get to epic, I need 1825 ( 125 + 250 + 500 + 1000).

Aparently, after I max, I only get 1 xp per game. that means 695 games between max and epic for this pet.

Please respond about this--is this intended?

It isn't fun.

Tara Wildflower
Grandmaster Myth
Master Artisan

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Maybe, but keep in mind this is still testing. I would report it as a bug.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
I've noticed the same thing, yet I have an even longer haul than yours, my heck hound is halfway through adult, maxed stats, so gettin it to ancient from there appears to be a daunting task that I don't look forward to taking. As it is, I've stopped working on that one until we get a definite answer or fix for it.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
seriously ki you need to fix this

You can easily get over 100 xp per day. You have to have snacks, play the games smart, and when you run out of power go to the game and level up to recharge. Come back, etc,

example:
42 power at the 6 poer/game level = 7 games
each game assume an average of 2-3 from the game and 4-5 from the snacks, or a range of 6-8 per play.
7 games at an average 7 xp =49 points

when you log onto the game, play to gain an avg of 49 points.
move into the game to earn snacks & exp for self to level up.
Just before leveling up, play a game for another 7 points.
Level up, get a refill, play the games again = 49 points

Total is 105 xp on average.
At level 8, you should be able to do this quickly.
Note: if you don't turn in the side quests until you hit level 7, you can turn them in quickly after leveling up for lots of power refills.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
wyethia wrote:
I've just realized that after you max your stats you stop getting xp for playing the games. this makes it extremely annoying to advance from ancient to epic. I still have a few agility xp left so I get credit for that, but I lose any snack points that don't go towards an open slot.

example:
an orthrus has a total of 1130 possible xp (strength will etc.).
to get to epic, I need 1825 ( 125 + 250 + 500 + 1000).

Aparently, after I max, I only get 1 xp per game. that means 695 games between max and epic for this pet.

Please respond about this--is this intended?

It isn't fun.

Tara Wildflower
Grandmaster Myth
Master Artisan

How do you figure on getting that single XP per game? Does it only show up after you max your stats?

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Wyethia is exactly right. It isn't fun at all trying to level your pet from ancient to epic if all your stats are maxed out. The most experience you can gain from mini games is 2 experience. (1 for the game/1 for snack) It costs you 8 energy to play mini games at ancient, so 6 games if fully energized . At 10 mins. per energy point recharge, it will take 8 hrs. to fully recharge. Best case scenario is 24 exp. per day, or 42 days to gain 1000 exp. You can create a new wizard and get them to 50th level faster than that. Come on KI address this please?

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I agree with most everyone on this topic. I'm annoeyed that I spent 4 days leveling up my favorite dragon to realize that it will take a very long time to bring him from adult to ancient, and forever to reach epic. Mike hasn't realized that once you max out your stats its impossible to get more than 1 experience point for playing a perfect game. I realize that KI doesn't want people to easily get pets to epic level, but it shouldn't be impossible either, even when spending crowns to buy energy. So far I've found that the pets I've gotten from gift cards have been the most helpful for stat improvements and items cards.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I agree with the original poster. This isn't fun. I've only maxed one of my stats, and already I'm only getting 1 xp point per perfect game. I don't mind spending crowns to replenish energy (although 1 point every ten minutes is kinda nuts), but at one point of xp per perfect game is ridiculous. I don't play all day long and at this rate it will be years before my per make Epic.

Please reply KI. At least tell us your re-thinking your stance on this.