Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Splitting secondary schools?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
While experimenting with alternate characters today, I got what is probably not a new idea, but it's new to me, anyway.

I have read a lot of complaints here, particularly from Storm wizards, about their durability. In particular, one was complaining that it takes 5 training points in Ice secondary to get Tower Shield.

So what about spending that 5 points up to Tower Shield, then switching to another secondary school? Is that a viable option?

I don't know how many training points are possible, but it seems to me that one could make a very durable character by spending 5 points in Ice (to get Tower Shield) and 8 points in Life (to get Sprite, Spirit Armor, and Satyr).

It also seems to me that this could be very powerful when combined with Balance as the primary school, due to Balance's universal attack buffs and three-school shields, Healing Hands and so forth.

Thoughts?

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Hi.

You have exactly the right idea. I have a Grand Pyromancer with life up to satyr, death up to feint, and balance shields and blades for backup. I'm working on a balance wizard with similar powers. Good Luck!

Scarlet Roseblood - 50 Pyromancer

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
This is nothing new.

There is no law stating that you have to spend your training points in the same school.

All of my wizards puts their points for Ice's Tower Shield, then Death's Feint.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
I agree, speaking as a Balance as primary, and a life as secondary, I have seen
1. Storm students rioting about tower shields.
2. Storm students rioting about Satyrs.
3.Storm students getting mad at me for using shields cause they barely have any.
3. Storm students saying that they are the best because they have high attacks.

Well, they have the greatest strength of the schools, they, are NOT the strongest, to be tough in wizard101 is to: Have a HUGE amount of
1. Strength
2. Defense (ALL schools) Every school is EQUAL. Get used to it.
3. Great cards
I mean COME ON! if you only joined ice for the tower shield. Thats sort of dumb. (No offense, I repeat NO OFFENSE.)
If you joined ice for the tower shield, use the other things besides the tower shield as your strength. Don't waste your time on doing Zeke's quest on a school you only joined for a card.

By the by, you CAN, I repeat CAN get a Third school, you cannot get the last spell in the third school though. (NOT the lvl 48 spell.)
My death grandmaster has every spell in myth, and all spells in life EXCEPT the level 42 spell for life. (Sanctuary)

~Dakota Dawn~
Clockwork lover!
---------------------
Zachary Green - Death - 50
Dakota Dawn - Balance - 36
Wolf Lifecaster - Life - 42
And other wizards I cant remember!

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
You have the right idea. My first charater was fire, storm secondary, and life. Power and healing.

Delver
May 29, 2009
By the by, you CAN, I repeat CAN get a Third school, you cannot get the last spell in the third school though. (NOT the lvl 48 spell.)
My death grandmaster has every spell in myth, and all spells in life EXCEPT the level 42 spell for life. (Sanctuary)

Actually that is not true entirely. Since the level 48 spell is a primary only school quest it would stand to reason that it would not be obtained by anyone outside that class. However, it is possible to have every spell up to level 42 for two additional schools besides your primary.

I have a Balance as a primary wizard. I chose to go with Life as a secondary so I could heal others more and Death as a third so I would be able to make use of my spirit tri-blades.

As of now I still have 3 training points in my book plus the quest to talk to Zeke and get my fourth point (which I will when the level cap gets raised). I have up to Satyr in Life (did not get Centaur or Sanctuary) and Skeletal Pirate in Death (did not get Doom and Gloom or Wraith. That is not to say that I could not have all four if I chose to go through both classes all the way. I am just saving some points for Celestia.

When Grizzleheim came out so did the Yardbird quest and that allowed one more extra training point to be earned.

Here is a breakdown of training points you get to use for other schools:

Levels: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50=11 points
Zeke's Quests:
Smiths, Beetles, Cats, Oysters, Roses, Yardbirds=6 points
Enrollment Quest: Going to each school for Merle Ambrose=1 point

TADA! for a grand total of 18 training points. Each school has nine spells. Simple math 9+9=18 training points. Just enough to be fully enrolled in three different schools to get ALL the spells.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress
Tatiana Fairyglade Grandmaster Theurgist
Brianna Mooncloud Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
Thanks for all the responses. :)

My own main Wizard is Ice primary, with Life secondary up to Satyr, and I am debating on what my third school should be. Right now I am thinking Death for the life stealing attacks, to do some extra damage while healing myself.

I like SorceressMiklai's idea of a Balance/Life/Death wizard. I tried a Balance/Life wizard once and felt like I ran into a brick wall in Krok, but I have learned a lot about the game since then. I may try that as an alt.