Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
ok when ever i play the game sometimes a picture of a chain breaking pops up and then it say i lost the sever and lately its been happening a lot a friend of mine in the game Miranda told me to report it so is there any thing you can do? :)

Historian
May 15, 2009
this is most likely a server issue or your internet signal is too weak to sustain it
if your playing wireless try moving closer to the modem or using ethernet cable to boost your signal

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
make sure that all of the phone jacks in your house are being used. If one isn't, hook a phone up to it, and listen for static or other noises. If you do have a bad phone jack in your house, it could cause connection problems. If you never use it you may want to get it disconnected.
In my case my connection failed every few minutes, but if I took the phone off of the hook I could stay connected, for about half an hour.
The phone cables under my house had apparantly become corroded, so the phone company repair guy disconnected all of them and strung a new cable to the one phone jack we actually use. The problem went away.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
never mind; I just lost my connection, in game, for the first time today. Just a few minutes after posting in your thread... A coincidence?

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
To put it mildly, it has something to do with your setup, not Kingsile's servers. I have seen this "chain-breaking" symbol from KI. A few ideas/experience pop into mind:

1) Internet Service Providers (ISP) sometimes bump people offline for a moment (happens too often with cable companies). Call and issue a complaint. I had slow internet speed for awhile, I called them and told them my download/upload speeds. The tech wanted me to try a few things, I said I was not home and would have to call back (I did not need to go through their steps). I have had no speed problems since. 8)

2) One of your Ethernet cords has a damaged wire inside. If you are wireless, check the Ethernet cord from modem to router.

3) Replace/update router. Mine was 6 years old and seemed to have been compromised by bugs/virus'

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
ffej49 wrote:
To put it mildly, it has something to do with your setup, not Kingsile's servers. I have seen this "chain-breaking" symbol from KI. A few ideas/experience pop into mind:

1) Internet Service Providers (ISP) sometimes bump people offline for a moment (happens too often with cable companies). Call and issue a complaint. I had slow internet speed for awhile, I called them and told them my download/upload speeds. The tech wanted me to try a few things, I said I was not home and would have to call back (I did not need to go through their steps). I have had no speed problems since. 8)

2) One of your Ethernet cords has a damaged wire inside. If you are wireless, check the Ethernet cord from modem to router.

3) Replace/update router. Mine was 6 years old and seemed to have been compromised by bugs/virus'

This is not an issue with everyone's internet. This is actually the game's main server. Not everyone is experiencing it but there are a lot of people with the same issue, mooshoo patch.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
zebulous wrote:
never mind; I just lost my connection, in game, for the first time today. Just a few minutes after posting in your thread... A coincidence?
well i cant get in at all today i think this happens cause of to many players on cause i don't think there's any thing wrong with my connection

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
taelamar wrote:
ffej49 wrote:

[...snip...]

This is not an issue with everyone's internet. This is actually the game's main server. Not everyone is experiencing it but there are a lot of people with the same issue, mooshoo patch.

I have to chime in here. I've been playing since Jan. and have had very few issues. However, within the past couple of weeks, the rate of disconnects has gone up from nearly non-existent to as many as 10 times per day.

Other friends that I play with, who are spread all over the country and even other countries, are reporting the same experience.

If I had to guess, it has something to do with the changes and updates in the system recently.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 10 (Initiate Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 12 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 11 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 10 (Initiate Sorcerer)