Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Choosing when to fight

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
I think Wizard101 needs to put something into the game where you can choose whether or not to fight the characters you walk past. Time and time again I have almost reached my mission destination at the end of a really long, time consuming walk when I suddenly get pulled into a fight with characters that happen to be in the road nearby. I know you have the option to flee but you lose all your mana if you do that and that doesn't seem right to me. You should be able to choose when and if and who you fight in the game and I don't understand why there aren't more options available in battle other than "flee."

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
if you ran into someone in an alley and they said "Hey kid want to come to my house for cookies" and then come after you, Would you say "Sorry I have my getting caught to fight option off"? No you wouldn't and you have to remember that sense this is a MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game the enemies are a little ahead of were you see them when you see them

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010

lol that happens to all of us and its something we have to deal with. I know its a pain.

But you have to know that the game is slightly design to get you in battle and to slow you down, other wise you will finish the game to fast and get bored with nothing to do except pvp or farm.

Trust me there maybe is not enough trap areas I think, and this is coming from a guy who has 10 grandmasters. I can finish this whole game in less then 2 weeks. I have actually made a grandmaster in 8 days before.

Yea getting caught sometimes may be a little stressfull, but in a way its doing you a favor on slowing you down so you will not get bored in time from having no more quest to do because you did them to fast.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
SaraiSunflower wrote:
I think Wizard101 needs to put something into the game where you can choose whether or not to fight the characters you walk past. Time and time again I have almost reached my mission destination at the end of a really long, time consuming walk when I suddenly get pulled into a fight with characters that happen to be in the road nearby. I know you have the option to flee but you lose all your mana if you do that and that doesn't seem right to me. You should be able to choose when and if and who you fight in the game and I don't understand why there aren't more options available in battle other than "flee."

Just log out of the character then put it back o on character selection, either you will get pulled into a another fight or you will be able to run to the side walks. You don't lose mana, only the amount of time it takes to log back on.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
Sounds like AlecVolterra needs to learn some manners.
Yes, Alec, it is a multiplayer online game, JUST a game, and I was simply making a game suggestion, not asking for disrespectful replies. You must be a younger person because I find it hard to believe an adult would speak the way you do. I feel very sorry for you and I hope you are able to sort out your inner demons in the future because if you get this way with someone you don't even know you must have anger problems.