Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistare dropped a crate of chickens!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
After spending an hour going against Malistare, and giving him the final hit. I got a crate of chikens! I think we need to fix this, I think this final boss could do much better than a box a chickens, really! But it got worse, I spend money in the chest I got a painting! I encourage the programers to fix this very soon, it becomes a total rip off of both time and money

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Tata1114 wrote:
After spending an hour going against Malistare, and giving him the final hit. I got a crate of chikens! I think we need to fix this, I think this final boss could do much better than a box a chickens, really! But it got worse, I spend money in the chest I got a painting! I encourage the programers to fix this very soon, it becomes a total rip off of both time and money

Trust me I know it took me ten times of defeating Malistare to get something decent that I could use...

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
A crate of chickens!? A painting!? Wow. Thats sad.

Cody Stormcaster
Grandmaster Thaumuturge

Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
LOL the first time I beat malistare I got my grandmaster robe, anyway you should just keep trying

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
Tata1114 wrote:

He only dropped a crate of chickens for me once.

Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
Tata1114 wrote:

first of all thats is SO cheap and second I defeated Malistare 20+ times and never got his ice robe

Alex StarBreeze
Level 46
ice

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Tata1114 wrote:
first of all thats is SO cheap and second I defeated Malistare 20+ times and never got his ice robe

Alex StarBreeze
Level 46
ice

does it matter? your not lvl 50 yet but yes this happened to me too. Dont you just hate it when your farmign and the boss only drops common drops? kinda stinks but hey they are called rare drops

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
aquateam2 wrote:
Tata1114 wrote:

Alex StarBreeze
Level 46
ice

Keep trying
I did so many times I can't count anymore and never got his ice robes till a few days ago so Keep fighting him and pray that you get your ice robe
roslyn moonmender
Level 50
ice

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
Tata1114 wrote:

Thats horrible! I have a few quests to go until I am in the Malistare battle. I hope luck is with me. I want to get a new robe when I am there.

Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Tata1114 wrote:

Alex StarBreeze
Level 46
ice

does it matter? your not lvl 50 yet but yes this happened to me too. Dont you just hate it when your farmign and the boss only drops common drops? kinda stinks but hey they are called rare drops

well alec i don't want to waste my time as a grandmaster JUST defeating malistare ,to get it so... I'M DOING IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Star Breeze
Lv. 47(close to Lv. 48
ice

p.s Alec, so i'm CLOSE to grandmaster so... HA!

Survivor
May 08, 2010
So much hate...

MMOs have been like this for years fellas... you run a dungeon and watch other guild mates / group mates get loot and gear time and time again... and then one day it's magical and YOU get what you were after!

It's a great feeling your heart starts going (Although probably not in this game since... there is no rolling for the gear that drops...). It's just a great feeling to get from a video game.

Rare drops are what makes the game interesting... I'll paint you a picture..

You ding 50. Go kill the "Oh Gosh I'm Amazing Last Boss" ... he drops the "Robe of Epic Amazingness" ... congratulations you have the BEST gear your toon can POSSIBLY EVER have.... you can now dance around Wizard City in your new robe.

Does that sound fun? To me it sounds ridiculous. Having something to strive for is ALWAYS great to have in a game... back when I play'd WoW before all the expansions came out I was a Hunter trying for my complete Giantstalker set... did it take me 1 kill on ever boss? No.. I raided 3 - 4 times a week for OVER a month before I even saw my first piece of gear, and it ended up being BRACERS (Which weren't a great piece of equipment.)

Instant gratification makes games boring you get everything right off the bat and you loose interest VERY quickly games like Star Wars Galaxies pointed that out with getting everything handed to you at level 1.

Enjoy the time you spend on your characters... it's a game if everything is given to you what's the point in playing?

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
Tata1114 wrote:

The first part is not so bad because you got SOMETHING. And something is better than nothing. Getting the painting is just sad and just wrong. YOU GET CLOUTHING, NOT HOUSEING ITEMS!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Lilyp101 wrote:
aquateam2 wrote:
Tata1114 wrote:

Alex StarBreeze
Level 46
ice

Keep trying
I did so many times I can't count anymore and never got his ice robes till a few days ago so Keep fighting him and pray that you get your ice robe
roslyn moonmender
Level 50
ice

omg rosyln lol i still havent gotten my robe yet see you later on my life to complain :P

Matthew Owlfist
level 50
life

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
aquateam2 wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
Tata1114 wrote:

Alex StarBreeze
Level 46
ice

well alec i don't want to waste my time as a grandmaster JUST defeating malistare ,to get it so... I'M DOING IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Star Breeze
Lv. 47(close to Lv. 48
ice

p.s Alec, so i'm CLOSE to grandmaster so... HA!

Thats what I'm doing with my pyro. She's already defeated Malistaire, and has nuttin' else to do.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I got the painting once too! At first I was miffed but then saw that it costs 5000 crowns to buy! So I guess I am okay with it.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
DarthMajoris wrote:
LOL the first time I beat malistare I got my grandmaster robe, anyway you should just keep trying

Lucky you....i did several Malistair runs and I got Chickens...( i hate chicken) and myth gear...( i dont have a myth wizard)

What a joke

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
:-o :) :-)
DashStampede wrote:
DarthMajoris wrote:

Lucky you....i did several Malistair runs and I got Chickens...( i hate chicken) and myth gear...( i dont have a myth wizard)

What a joke
XD i am a myth i have it tho its pretty cool and i have a death and all the others oh my :? :? :?

Hero
May 19, 2009
Survivor
May 01, 2010
I've gotten my fair share of chicken crates from Malistaire.

I've also gotten my Grandmaster Robes from him on 4 different wizards.

As for the painting - well, I've never gotten anything wonderful from a Crown Chest. It's a gamble, and not a very good one. You are better off buying your equipment.

Keep in mind, also, that Malistaire isn't the only boss in that dungeon who drops Grandmaster gear. The Gurtok demons (and Tumok) have the ring and athame for each school. There are many chances to grab great loot in Malistaire's den. Keep trying, you won't be disappointed!

Defender
May 08, 2009
When my Fire Wizard was 35,one of my friends invited me to fight Malistaire.We won and I got:

a box of chickens and...

my fire level 50 robes!Everything I wanted in one round!

Defender
May 28, 2009
Tata1114 wrote:
I know how you feel! I've won it 2 times! I also never win my grand robe either!

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
DashStampede wrote:
DarthMajoris wrote:

What a joke

Lucky you! lol I used my death grand to farm Malistaire and got all the robes i needed EXCEPT for the myth. Found, of the robes, i got the ice one the most. Now i have a myth grand running around with level 45th robes. And i have to say out of the tons of times i farmed there, i mainly got crates of chickens too or the copper urns.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
i never got something as bad as a crate of chickens anyway i got the painting from the chest before and but on today 6/20/10 everyone in malistare duel ALL LOST CONNECTION RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF FILMING TO!!!!!! ( we were doing highest lightning bats after that we did again it hit 10,586,899!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anywho.... idk what to say lolz
vanessa emeraldglade
lvl 48

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
yeah when i got my robe on my like 50th try i killed him in one hit and got it. I agree that furniture shouldnt be given from him.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Tata1114 wrote:
After spending an hour going against Malistare, and giving him the final hit. I got a crate of chikens!

You're lucky. All I got was a box of stale pretzels. Malistaire really needs to get out of the dungeon more often and go shopping.

When I was young, we were visiting my grandfather on his farm. Another farmer pulled up in his truck.

Grandpa: Hi, Fred.

Farmer: Hi, George. I have those chickens I promised you.

The farmer took a crate of chickens off his truck and set it down.

While Grandpa and the farmer were talking, I decided to make myself useful by opening the crate.

Grandpa: No, don't open that! Take it-----

Too late. I had the crate open. The frightened chickens scampered off in all directions.

Grandpa: ----into the coop first.

When the two of them finished laughing, they told me to go catch the chickens and bring them back and put them in the coop.

Do you know how hard it is to catch a frightened chicken? I spent the whole morning and about half of the afternoon running around the countryside, catching chickens and bringing them back to the farm.

On towards dinner, Fred dropped by again.

Fred: You catch those chickens, young'un?

Me: I found eight of them.

Fred started laughing again.

Grandpa: What's so funny, Fred?

Fred: You're gonna have some angry neighbors, George, 'cause I only put six chickens in that crate!