Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Pet Derby!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Once your pet has become a teen, it can participate in the Pet Derby! All the work you've been doing with your pets in the Mini-games will help them in the Pet Derby.

All pets in the Pet Derby race around a track for two laps, and must overcome and bypass obstacles to the best of their abilities. Pets can even create obstacles for other pets!

Your pet gains morale by overcoming obstacles. You can spend that morale to cheer your pet and make it go faster, so spend it wisely! Just like Player vs Player, there are two types of Pet Derbies, Practice and Ranked.

For more information, please see the Update Notes
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/patchnotes

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Administrator
IamLezul wrote:
Ugh, there are so many bugs in the derbies when you are in test realm.

Good thing there's a handy Bug Reporting button on the Test Realm exactly for this purpose, young Wizard.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
wow the pet derby is awsome i like that more then the pvp i dont have to see the person i can v.s. their pet in stead keep up the awesome work

wizard101

Brianna WinterHaven
Balance
lvl 50

Delver
May 29, 2009
wow the pet derby is awsome i like that more then the pvp i dont have to see the person i can v.s. their pet in stead keep up the awesome work

wizard101

Brianna WinterHaven
Balance
lvl 50

And isn't that just a nice change of pace? None of our pets yelling and saying someone cheated, or having an ancient pet calling a teen pet a noob? I just find it so refreshing that as of teen each pet can participate and have their own various derby powers. No spamming treasure cards, no rude foul mouthed phrases, and no reporting. Just good clean fun the way the game was meant to be.

I do think that our pets could possibly have programmed pet phrases to use such as "nice race", "I like your style", or something along those lines. I just hope it encourages the people to take after their pets. After all, even the 'loser' in the race gets something, too.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I agree with you all that the pet derby is the best thing KI has come up with and fully enjoy it. However, it would seem that KI is going to make us pvp in order to get the pets that are offered in for tickets. I reached the rank of knight pet derby and went to redeem my 129 tickets for a storm elf that only cost 25 but could not because you have to be a knight in pvp in order to get ANY of the pets offered for tickets! So, it would seem that all that work of training your pet, racing him/her, and buying snacks to train them are all for nothing unless you pvp which I refuse to do!

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
wolfs63 wrote:
I agree with you all that the pet derby is the best thing KI has come up with and fully enjoy it. However, it would seem that KI is going to make us pvp in order to get the pets that are offered in for tickets. I reached the rank of knight pet derby and went to redeem my 129 tickets for a storm elf that only cost 25 but could not because you have to be a knight in pvp in order to get ANY of the pets offered for tickets! So, it would seem that all that work of training your pet, racing him/her, and buying snacks to train them are all for nothing unless you pvp which I refuse to do!

I'm really enjoying the Pet Derby, but it seems like a waste of time now that I've discovered I can't claim any of the pet rewards. I gave arena another try this afternoon, but I still really hate it (or maybe I just suck at it lol). In any case, it's very disappointing that my success in Pet Derby is worthless without corresponding success in the arena.

Update!!
I just got Veteran status in the Pet Derby, and it does let you claim a reward pet without having corresponding Arena status. Yay!

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
This may be irrelevant to the other messages but i can tdo pet derby for some reason :( every time i go to the match it freezes and shuts down the game and i cant find anyone else with the same problem pls tell me what it wrong someone?

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
You aren't alone. The pet derby is highly bugged and full of problems. Not being able to change lanes, bad timing for jumping/ducking obstacles, disappearing, people winning in one lap. LAG!

Oh going underground, not being able to control your pet ETC...