Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No means no!

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
Some noobs always want to befriend me in order to enter higher world or help with their noobish quests. I mean why you can't atleast tell to sometime talk and party with me and let me help you? Why you chose to want to waste my time once and then just go? Use ignore button, but i don't think the button is working.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
I truly know how you feel, i myself have a theurgist so i can tell you it is a lot worse for them then any other school
theurgists are treated horribly
we are screamed at by others, who when they die DEMAND us to heal and shield them

i try my best, but it apparently isn't good enough for them,
i hate hate hate HATE it!
i have had to delete several friends because of this
but not before i told them off
that i am not ANYONE'S servant, i do not heal on command.
if i want to heal them and i have the pips i will try!
i mean seriously, does anyone else get why i get so mad at students
( especially the arrogant lower level ones)
who are they so rude to me??

it hurts my feelings
I too have a theurgist and everytime I try to finish one quest I am screamed at by some of my friends to port to them and heal them. I can't seem to do anything in Celestia because of this. They would say "plz port and heal me" in all caps and I keep telling them no and then they would say that I never help them but I do!

Cheyenne PixieSinger
Level 56 Life

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
Really I want to go to Wiz City every once in a while but i cant because of the fact i will be BOMBBARDED by NOOBS when i walk a few steps :(
I went to WC to go to bazaar i walk 2 steps and i get a friend request. I deny. I get another request. I deny,so on till i got to bazaar. Now if they were my level i would say yes but they were from Lvl 2-28. Come on. If you are a lower lvl plz dont ask the high levels to add you cause they wont. All it does is anger us so plz stop. If you want to add us lvl up. NOOBS annoy me

Sloan Windthistle Lvl 51 Conjurer

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
i do not have a problem with this . all you need to do is turn off your friend request and then you will not be bothered by new people . There is no need to get upset when the solution is in your hands . i believe that there are plenty of problems that KI should address long before this issue .those issues are covered in many other posts so good luck .
james nightstrider GM DEATH

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
This reminds me of a song I heard, which some people could use hearing:

It's called: No

No means no.
No is always no.
When they say no it means a thousand times no.

and goes on like that for a while.
Everyone who keeps begging and begging and begging and begging: Search NO! They Might Be Giants on the internet, click on the Amazon link, and you can listen to a sample.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Grandmaster
Level 53
Diviner

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Looking like a nice walk in wizard City.... AH NOOB x Gets mauled x AH!!!!!!!!! NOOBS ' please please please please....." I just run and port away but they find meh o-O

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
I do not like complaining and this isn't really a complaint anyway. I am posting this because there is one thing that ticks me off....begging. When someone says "No." when you want help, that means "No". It doesn't mean beg and plead and beg and plead and beg beg beg and plead plead plead until they say "yes". That doesn't work for me. If someone keeps doing that to me, I just delete them.

All I'm saying is, take my advice and don't beg if you still want to be friends with that person. Cause I know its not just me who is sick of this.
Really I want to go to Wiz City every once in a while but i cant because of the fact i will be BOMBBARDED by NOOBS when i walk a few steps :(

my friend gave me a tatic for that!

Step 1 - unequip EVERYTHING!

Step 2 - use badge like Hero of Unicorn Way or Golem Tower Champion

Step 3 - run around pretending to need help finding the Commons Smith

Step 4 - after someone shows you, run over, talk to Zeke (go to mount shop for a second or two, you might not be able to talk to him)

Step 5 - run to where ever you need to go

Afterwards, re-equip everything and put on normal badge. Repeat when necessary.

Hope I helped!

Defender
May 30, 2009
If someone asks for me to help nicely, and I'm not busy, I will. Unfortunately, just because I helped them out once they automatically assume that I'm going to be able to just port to them at every boss/monster they have to fight. It usually works like this:

Needy person: "HEY! I NEED HELP AND YOU HELPED ME ONE TIME BEFORE SO NOW I FEEL LIKE YOU'RE OBLIGATED TO HELP ME EVERY. SINGLE. TIME."
Me: "Um, no. I'm in a battle, and I can't help at all because I'm about to log off."
*1 minute later*
Needy Person: "YOU DONE?
Me:"Nope."
*1 minute later*
Me:"Nope."
*1 minute later*
Me: "No. Is it really necessary to type in all caps?"
Needy Person: "YOU DONE?"
*Opens friends list, finds needy person's name, ignores*
Me: "Now back to my quest"
Other Needy Person: "HELP!"
Me: *Sigh...*

I mean, really? You can't do ANYTHING by yourself? >_<

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
I had that issue once when I started. One time my "friend" asked me for help on a boss I couldn't help him with "Lady Blackhope" so I said "You have to do it alone" He deleted me... I threw a party that night :D!

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
Before enchanted cards were banned, people were following my death character begging for enchanted scarecrow cards and i was always bombarded with friend requests. i turned off the friend request button, but now those fleeing low levels in celestia bother me once more. *sigh*
Low level: LEMME PORT
Me: You'd die against this boss.
Low Level: *ports because i forgot to turn off teleports* *dies against boss after wasting feint trap*
Me: *dies because the feint trap didnt get me enough health from wraith*
Sound familiar, anyone?

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Thechaosmagician wrote:
I truly know how you feel, i myself have a theurgist so i can tell you it is a lot worse for them then any other school
theurgists are treated horribly
we are screamed at by others, who when they die DEMAND us to heal and shield them

i try my best, but it apparently isn't good enough for them,
i hate hate hate HATE it!
i have had to delete several friends because of this
but not before i told them off
that i am not ANYONE'S servant, i do not heal on command.
if i want to heal them and i have the pips i will try!
i mean seriously, does anyone else get why i get so mad at students
( especially the arrogant lower level ones)
who are they so rude to me??

it hurts my feelings

Ahhhh yes, I know that pain very well, lost quite a few friends that way.
Also, I am glad you tell them off the way you do. Life school students are NOT heal slaves! They are TO BE RESPECTED FOR THIER ABILITY TO HEAL OTHERS. Simple as that, as I am speaking as a person whos life wizard is not even his best wizard (Life level 38-39 and Ice level 60). Even on my Ice wizard I get CONSTANTLY bugged by someone who yells "HEAL ME NOW!" because i know the treant polymorph, and I have the master's boots of the dryad (still using the SUPER rare master's/astral robe set!).
So seriously treat Life wizards with some dignity and RESPECT people, with all they give to the Wizard101 community they deserve it.

Ryan Frostshard- Legend of the Ice Arts
(aaaand partial life school user! )

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
i completely agree. i have turned off all friend requests, chat - everything! i cant stand it !
and when they port to you all the time! i made a mistake of adding someone much lower than me and all they did was port to me all the time and draw me into fights! utterly irritating!

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
I do not like complaining and this isn't really a complaint anyway. I am posting this because there is one thing that ticks me off....begging. When someone says "No." when you want help, that means "No". It doesn't mean beg and plead and beg and plead and beg beg beg and plead plead plead until they say "yes". That doesn't work for me. If someone keeps doing that to me, I just delete them.

All I'm saying is, take my advice and don't beg if you still want to be friends with that person. Cause I know its not just me who is sick of this.

The way i get around noobs swarming me is ... I chage my charactors outfit to look noob and change my title to for example "undead slayer", then when they see me they will not bother me most of the time. Unless they look at my stats then i am out of luck. But it usually works.

Marcus StarShield: 60 Legandary Diviner

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
WhitePanzer wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

The way i get around noobs swarming me is ... I chage my charactors outfit to look noob and change my title to for example "undead slayer", then when they see me they will not bother me most of the time. Unless they look at my stats then i am out of luck. But it usually works.

Marcus StarShield: 60 Legandary Diviner

Good thought. I used to do something similar in Unicorn Way when I Enchanted Cards to trade (now not an option). I would do this (by which I mean "I would unequip my pet, wand, and clothes") so no upstarts would butt in (having multiple enemies to contend with in that process sucked).

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
IamLezul wrote:

Exactly what happens to me.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
I feel this, I help my friends, and since I have a lot a friends on who ask me to help them only a little bit, it feels like a needy person not wanting me to go.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
IamLezul wrote:

I think when you go to wizard city you need to turn off friend requests

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Once i had a friend who threatened to report me for not helping when i was at the end of mooshu ending dunguen i then ignored them and went on with my life (not saying that complaining is bad)

life and death are awesome!

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
IamLezul wrote:

Agreed! Or random friend requests will appear on the screen. It's pretty difficult just to go to the Bazaar without getting piled with friend requests! I'm very happy Wuzard101 added turning off friend requests. This makes it so much easier to travel in Wizard City.
Grandmaster Sorcerer,
Laura Raven
Anna Goldleaf

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
I delete anyone who sends me a request to help by just saying "PORT". Where are everyones manners? Is no one taught the word "PLEASE" anymore? Has anyone ever thought of starting off with: "If you're not too busy could you come help me?"

I also hate begging in the form of friend requests. You click NO, they try to add you again. You click NO, they try again. Not sure what part of NO people don't get.

Then they do it to the other person with you, only thing they don't realize is is that the other person is also your wizard on a second account.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
yup, when I say no. I... STRICTLY... MEAN... NO!!!!!!!! I have a new system: Everyone starts off with a star on my list and when they do something bad they lose it. If they don't stop they get removed (I do tell them). At the end of the day the remainers get their stars back.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
IamLezul wrote:

me too lol. I remember when i was doing my storm lord quest, and you cant even walk a few steps without someone asking to be your friend for no reason. :(

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Jermosh wrote:
I could not have said it better than myself, Bookshelvings.

Lenora SkyWhisper
Level 42
"Myth rules Storm Drools"

I say it storm rules myth drools :D
Garret starflame, level 50 diviner

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
bravevline wrote:
yup, when I say no. I... STRICTLY... MEAN... NO!!!!!!!! I have a new system: Everyone starts off with a star on my list and when they do something bad they lose it. If they don't stop they get removed (I do tell them). At the end of the day the remainers get their stars back.
Good idea, I have to try that on my new life character I made

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
I hate people who do tht too i wish they would realize that they wont get help if they keep begging i ask for help a lot too ( trust me in celestia you NEED help) but at least i dont beg what i really hate is when you help them they NEVER! help you so when you stop helping them they always say "But what did i do to you?" i hate helping now i barely do it unless its a friend i know will help me later when i need it