Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest helper randomly turning off?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
i have like 10 quests to do and my quest helper isnt showing up. it has happened several times, is it a glitch?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
No. The toggle key for turning off and on the Quest Guide arrow is "T"

This is very easy to mistakenly hit when you are texting other wizards and the text box isn't open yet.

Another thing to do is to make sure you actually have a quest selected by looking at your quest log. Keep in mind, there are some quests that do not allow a Quest Guide (find or solve on your own) and will tell you when you select it.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
well that has happened to me before and then when i go to find the place i have to go it randomly turns off? Well i don't know. Then when i go to the options and i go to the game options it is turned off. The only problem is i always hit the enter bar before i type a message.

Paige Dreamheart lvl 24 theurgist
Sierra Roseblossom lvl 12 sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
littlered99 wrote:
well that has happened to me before and then when i go to find the place i have to go it randomly turns off? Well i don't know. Then when i go to the options and i go to the game options it is turned off. The only problem is i always hit the enter bar before i type a message.

Yes that happens to me mostly after a boss fight or in a tower. I know it was on before I went into tower or before a fight. As soon as the fight ends/or out of tower, my quest helper turns itself off. And I to hit enter before typing. I even do it when I am in a totally different type of chat.
(ie: yahoo, facebook or aim) SO, WHAT CAN YA SAY ABOUT THAT?

Historian
May 15, 2009
Hootfl61 wrote:
littlered99 wrote:

Yes that happens to me mostly after a boss fight or in a tower. I know it was on before I went into tower or before a fight. As soon as the fight ends/or out of tower, my quest helper turns itself off. And I to hit enter before typing. I even do it when I am in a totally different type of chat.
(ie: yahoo, facebook or aim) SO, WHAT CAN YA SAY ABOUT THAT?

this happens to a lot of people even if they are not typing they accidentally press it