Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance needs a shield

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010

WARNING: This post will be very very long.

Ok i am making this not because i enjoy complaining, i hate complaining and i usually try to avoid doing so and i usually never do complain unless i see an absolutely ridiculous post.
I made this post to say balance needs a shield. Hence the title so if you dont want to hear another complaint just go now and dont bother posting unless you read everything in this post. (Even though this one has a meaning unlike a lot of others). Anyone who regularly does 1v1 will obviously know the growing problem of judgement. What i believe, is an exploit that KI never intended to happen, not unlike chain stunning. For those who aren't aware judgement is an x pip spell that does 100 damage per pip. Doesnt sound too lethal compared to a spell like wild bolt or others like it but in truth, this is probably the most lethal spell in the game. A balance wizard with full power pips (14 normal pips) can cast judgement and make it do a whopping 1400 even for a ice that is rather high damage even if the balance does lose all his pips. But whats more lethal is that lets say the balance had 25% stats attack buff. 25% of 1400=350.1400+350=1750. Ok rather high damage but the average balance will dig deeper, use buffs and traps to play to their collosal advantages. Balanceblade, 25%. 25% of 1750? 437.5 round that up its 438. 1750+438=2188. Already with no resist and no tower shield a storm wizard is dead and maybe a fire too. I will do the rest of the mathematics in an easier form to read.

2188+bladestorm (20% =437.6)=2626 (rounded up from 2625.6)

Rather high wouldn't you agree? It goes further.

2626+feint which most balance pitch into (70%=1838.2)=4464 (rounded down from 4464.2)

4464+hex (30%=1339.2)=5803 (rounded down from 5803.2)

Ok so here is our over powered judgement. Enough power to kill any and every wizard. Howver, if say you had a tower shield that had been put on before the feint and hex. (This would make it get destroyed after the feint and hex have added their contribution, if your a storm, fire, myth or a death then forget it unless you have double tower shield stacked, like a treasure tower after a normal tower both before the balance put on the feint and hex. If you put the tower shield on after the feint and hex it will go off first and all schools with the exception of balance will have no chance.) So your dead. Death by judgement and this is an exploit, no way past it except double, maybe even triple different tower shields. Those who say kill the balance while he is gaining those pips to do judgement well here is what the average known judgement for a long time and used it to their advatage so they can always win and never lose balance player would do.

Notify their opponent. What school is he, not a matter of what school but more likely what trio of schools.

If their a elemental school then they will cast all their elemental shields.

If their a spirit school then exactly the same but with spirit shields. Only school that scares balance is myth and their earthquake so their careful not to put too many shields on. Note the average grandmaster balance can hold 7 spirit/ elemental shields in their deck.

Two turns before the inevitable judgement the balance will use bladestorm followed by balanceblade and if the opponent tower shields they will double their blades or even triple, same with the traps and then they will wand off the tower shields.

Balance uses judgement all you die.

Quick side add, weakness doesnt help against something that strong. And neither does absorb. Only ones with any chance are ice and maybe, myth.

This has led to balance dominating the 1v1 part of arena and their being more balance warlords than any other school and probably a few schools combined. Maybe life and storm combined but i dont know this as it says these sorts of things no where on either wizard101 central or the wizard101 home page.

This exploit is growing, monkey see monkey do and a lot of kids and adults alike on this game are creating balance wizards and copying the very people who so bitterly defeated them. This leads to the other schools being overwhelmed by players with a spell they just cant beat.

If balance had a shield available as a treasure card and sold for a training point by that girl at the fairegrounds then this problem would die down.

Please KingsIsle, i dont mind if you dont reply back to this but please please please fix this. problem which cant be stopped.

Nathan StormRider
GrandMaster Diviner
PvP rank:1003
Overlord

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Ok let me just point this out: I understand your frusteration. Let me repeat that, I understand your frusteration. BUT, have you EVER played a balance wizard?

Ok, so I know what you're thinking. "Thats what everyone says! Why does it matter?"

But let me explain. Right now I am going to explain this in the point of view that new players have with their first character balance.

Balance is weak WITHOUT judgement. I think you can agree with me on that. So with that in your mind, imagine the frusteration that a sorcerer has when they are lower than lvl 28. (EVEN if they aren't noobs) Constant defeats, constant nobody-helping-them-because-they-have-other-things-better-to-do-than-help-a-noob, and trust me, try soloing like that. It just doesn't work very well. So, after all that struggling, all the constant wanting-to-give-up, they finally get another teacher quest at lvl 28. But, as I said, sorcerers are weak without judgement. You try soloing a 1,000ish boss with a partner. Yah, you can find other players with the same quest. Like thats going to happen! Trust me, its rare.

Then, you finally get through that annoyance! OMG, that was tough!

"Now, oh cool, look at this new spell! Now, how does this work??"

Then they spend their whole time playing just to figure out how to use judgement. Add that work to the work they already did. Do you see that judgement is sorcerer's savior? The only thing they rightfully earned. They were through a lot, and now they have a prize to show them that their struggles payed off.

Thousands of players started off with their first player as the school of balance. Making a shield would be basically ignoring their time spent. Just like saying:

"Hi, all you sorcerers! You guys worked so very hard in the game, possibly more than anyone else, congratz for making it this far. But now we are going to make a shield and ruin everything and all you've been through so other players can win some more pvp. Good luck!"

That seems a bit selfish.

Again, I undertand your frusteration. But, I have been through that horrible experiance (as well as most of my fellow sorcerers) and I realized it payed off and this game was worth playing. And I just don't want you guys to ruin it for us. I'm not being selfish, this is the truth.

And you have to give one to balance. The first players figured out balance and how to use judgement. That took some time, I am positive. They passed it down and soon the whole generation of balance wizards learned it. But not in a flash. It took some pain and hard work. I know it did for me.

"Please understand our point of view even with your frusteration," is all I'm trying to say....

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
77296 wrote:

Ok i am making this not because i enjoy complaining, i hate complaining and i usually try to avoid doing so and i usually never do complain unless i see an absolutely ridiculous post.
I made this post to say balance needs a shield. Hence the title so if you dont want to hear another complaint just go now and dont bother posting unless you read everything in this post. (Even though this one has a meaning unlike a lot of others). Anyone who regularly does 1v1 will obviously know the growing problem of judgement. What i believe, is an exploit that KI never intended to happen, not unlike chain stunning. For those who aren't aware judgement is an x pip spell that does 100 damage per pip. Doesnt sound too lethal compared to a spell like wild bolt or others like it but in truth, this is probably the most lethal spell in the game. A balance wizard with full power pips (14 normal pips) can cast judgement and make it do a whopping 1400 even for a ice that is rather high damage even if the balance does lose all his pips. But whats more lethal is that lets say the balance had 25% stats attack buff. 25% of 1400=350.1400+350=1750. Ok rather high damage but the average balance will dig deeper, use buffs and traps to play to their collosal advantages. Balanceblade, 25%. 25% of 1750? 437.5 round that up its 438. 1750+438=2188. Already with no resist and no tower shield a storm wizard is dead and maybe a fire too. I will do the rest of the mathematics in an easier form to read.

2626+feint which most balance pitch into (70%=1838.2)=4464 (rounded down from 4464.2)

Ok so here is our over powered judgement. Enough power to kill any and every wizard. Howver, if say you had a tower shield that had been put on before the feint and hex. (This would make it get destroyed after the feint and hex have added their contribution, if your a storm, fire, myth or a death then forget it unless you have double tower shield stacked, like a treasure tower after a normal tower both before the balance put on the feint and hex. If you put the tower shield on after the feint and hex it will go off first and all schools with the exception of balance will have no chance.) So your dead. Death by judgement and this is an exploit, no way past it except double, maybe even triple different tower shields. Those who say kill the balance while he is gaining those pips to do judgement well here is what the average known judgement for a long time and used it to their advatage so they can always win and never lose balance player would do.

Notify their opponent. What school is he, not a matter of what school but more likely what trio of schools.

If their a spirit school then exactly the same but with spirit shields. Only school that scares balance is myth and their earthquake so their careful not to put too many shields on. Note the average grandmaster balance can hold 7 spirit/ elemental shields in their deck.

Two turns before the inevitable judgement the balance will use bladestorm followed by balanceblade and if the opponent tower shields they will double their blades or even triple, same with the traps and then they will wand off the tower shields.

Quick side add, weakness doesnt help against something that strong. And neither does absorb. Only ones with any chance are ice and maybe, myth.

This has led to balance dominating the 1v1 part of arena and their being more balance warlords than any other school and probably a few schools combined. Maybe life and storm combined but i dont know this as it says these sorts of things no where on either wizard101 central or the wizard101 home page.

This exploit is growing, monkey see monkey do and a lot of kids and adults alike on this game are creating balance wizards and copying the very people who so bitterly defeated them. This leads to the other schools being overwhelmed by players with a spell they just cant beat.

If balance had a shield available as a treasure card and sold for a training point by that girl at the fairegrounds then this problem would die down.

Please KingsIsle, i dont mind if you dont reply back to this but please please please fix this. problem which cant be stopped.

Nathan StormRider
GrandMaster Diviner
Overlord

Now let's decrease your Judgment with shields! Tower Shield (-50% attack) 50% of 5803 is 2902. Weakness, (-25%) 25% of 2902 is 726. Subtract and you get 2176. Add an Absorb, and you have 1776 damage. Still pretty strong, but not too bad.

Add on: Let's say you're Ice, you have ten pips, and you have an Ice Armor in your hand. You play that, and the 1776 is reduced to a puny 526. Totally not worth 14 pips, either way.
~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Balance has no balance-specific blade. Balance has no balance-specific trap. Give them both of those, and you can have a balance shield. Once you agree with and understand that, then I'll go into how all things that balance benefits from can be negated from two types of tower shields, two types of weakness, and a few other random general damage reducers.

Balance doesn't need a shield. Balance needs opponents that have some sort of clue on how to PvP against them so the complaining goes down.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Umrag wrote:
77296 wrote:

Nathan StormRider
GrandMaster Diviner
Overlord

Now let's decrease your Judgment with shields! Tower Shield (-50% attack) 50% of 5803 is 2902. Weakness, (-25%) 25% of 2902 is 726. Subtract and you get 2176. Add an Absorb, and you have 1776 damage. Still pretty strong, but not too bad.

Add on: Let's say you're Ice, you have ten pips, and you have an Ice Armor in your hand. You play that, and the 1776 is reduced to a puny 526. Totally not worth 14 pips, either way.

Ha! You have to be kidding! Shields and traps go off in order they were put on. The first shield/trap on is the last one off. So if i was to put a tower shield on before the hex and feint it would be the last to go off. However most balance wizards would see this and just use there treasure steak wards to take off the tower shield and then continue with their inevitable judgement exploit. If you didnt see this then you must have not even bothered reading my post. If you still dont understand then i will explain again.

If a shield in this case tower shield is put on after the feint and hex are put on then it will be the first to be destroyed followed by feint and hex.

As for absorb, same thing really steal ward gets rid of it and if the balance has already gotten rid off the tower shield then it doesnt matter if the absorb is there.

Ice armor? Not everyone is ice in case that escaped your notice. Barely anyone who isnt ice has ice armor.

Weakness, most balance carry around the storm card that desttroys bad buffs like infection and weakness. However sometimes they just leave it on and because of their being no proper shield to stop judgement, it still manages to obliterate an enemy.

So now you can see exactly why a proper shield is needed for balance but being the exploiter you are i still expect you to try and find a way around this post to say why its not an exploit and it can be beaten.

About 40% of the warlords i see at the arena are balance. That is because of the exploit. If nothing is done i think that in about a month or two's time that will be anything from 50 to 60%.

P.s
I find it amusing that when you posted your wizard signature you posted everything except the rank. (Which is almost definitely warlord.)

Defender
May 31, 2009
First, sorry to hear you're having a tough go at this. Either you're ranking down, or you've had a few run in's with Balance wizards using Judgement since you're pvp rank has gone down from 1715 to 1003 in a couple of days. Overlord, indeed.

Second, I'm still quite perplexed by your assertions that the placement of the Tower shields has any effect on how it is used in your Balance Blade / Dragon Blade / Feint / Hex / Judgement nightmare scenario. You didn't respond last time you mentioned this, and if I'm not mistaken, it DOESN'T matter. Since there are no converts involved, it's a straight multiplication deal and the order of the multipliers has no bearing on the final total. Please, elucidate. (Anyone, for that matter)

Next, as possumman has pointed out, Balance does not have many advantages other schools have. School specific blades and traps, he mentioned, but what about the "Bubble" as well? Fire, Ice, Myth, and Storm have bubbles that add to their attacks, but the bubble Balance has is something that benefits both sides.

In addition, you have pointed out that really only a few schools might have a chance against Balance, but somehow neglected to include FIRE. Not only do I not lose going first against Balance, but I have a better than average chance going second as well. One reason for that is the Steal Charm spell that allows FIRE to take the blades. Against many other schools this might be purely a defensive move, but against Balance has defensive AND offensive implications.

Lastly, as I pointed out in your previous mention of this, this doomsday combination you have laid out is very, very predictable. So predictable, in fact, that in ALL of the pvp matches I have faced I have never seen it once. Have I been smoted by Judgement? Sure - many times. Is it a powerful spell? Very, indeed. But there are MANY ways to counter it - multiple weakness, or multiple Towers, or steal blades - but the best way to prevent THE HIT is to keep them busy. Attack, use minions, build up shields - soooo many things!

Ultimately it's up to KI to determine whether a "problem" exists, but in my opinion there's nothing (on this front, at least!) in need of fixing. Adding a Balance Shield would tip the balance, as it were, and be unfair to the Balance school. As it is now, Balance Wizards are formidable foes, but they are indeed beatable.

mlb
(Rank not needed this time)

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Caspeen wrote:
First, sorry to hear you're having a tough go at this. Either you're ranking down, or you've had a few run in's with Balance wizards using Judgement since you're pvp rank has gone down from 1715 to 1003 in a couple of days. Overlord, indeed.

Second, I'm still quite perplexed by your assertions that the placement of the Tower shields has any effect on how it is used in your Balance Blade / Dragon Blade / Feint / Hex / Judgement nightmare scenario. You didn't respond last time you mentioned this, and if I'm not mistaken, it DOESN'T matter. Since there are no converts involved, it's a straight multiplication deal and the order of the multipliers has no bearing on the final total. Please, elucidate. (Anyone, for that matter)

Next, as possumman has pointed out, Balance does not have many advantages other schools have. School specific blades and traps, he mentioned, but what about the "Bubble" as well? Fire, Ice, Myth, and Storm have bubbles that add to their attacks, but the bubble Balance has is something that benefits both sides.

In addition, you have pointed out that really only a few schools might have a chance against Balance, but somehow neglected to include FIRE. Not only do I not lose going first against Balance, but I have a better than average chance going second as well. One reason for that is the Steal Charm spell that allows FIRE to take the blades. Against many other schools this might be purely a defensive move, but against Balance has defensive AND offensive implications.

Lastly, as I pointed out in your previous mention of this, this doomsday combination you have laid out is very, very predictable. So predictable, in fact, that in ALL of the pvp matches I have faced I have never seen it once. Have I been smoted by Judgement? Sure - many times. Is it a powerful spell? Very, indeed. But there are MANY ways to counter it - multiple weakness, or multiple Towers, or steal blades - but the best way to prevent THE HIT is to keep them busy. Attack, use minions, build up shields - soooo many things!

Ultimately it's up to KI to determine whether a "problem" exists, but in my opinion there's nothing (on this front, at least!) in need of fixing. Adding a Balance Shield would tip the balance, as it were, and be unfair to the Balance school. As it is now, Balance Wizards are formidable foes, but they are indeed beatable.

mlb
(Rank not needed this time)

First off, if you unequip your deck,amulet, pet and wand you can rank down from 300 rank to 0 in literally a day. As you are such a pvp expert, although you probably have never ranked down, you would laready know this. (Dont try do any mathematics or stuff about 24 hours divided into 1 minute a duel cause a rank down takes more like a second.)

Second off, congragulations, just beat a ton of noob balance in the arena and i admit pretty easy beat a few of the stronger ones too. The shields and traps debate goes off like that and thats the physics of the game.
I beat so many that i really dont care for anyone else having trouble with this absolutely terrible exploit. I only care about myself why should i waste my game time and my credibilty in the arena (thats chain stunning credibility baring in mind, amazing stuff chain stunning gotta love the poor wizards faces when they see those stuns :D).

I really couldnt care less for any of you out there suffering day after day because of 1v1 balance wizards. Go figure it out yourself make a balance wizard for yourself and join them ruining the arena like never before.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Exploit?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
77296 wrote:
Umrag wrote:
77296 wrote:

Nathan StormRider
GrandMaster Diviner
Overlord

Ha! You have to be kidding! Shields and traps go off in order they were put on. The first shield/trap on is the last one off. So if i was to put a tower shield on before the hex and feint it would be the last to go off. However most balance wizards would see this and just use there treasure steak wards to take off the tower shield and then continue with their inevitable judgement exploit. If you didnt see this then you must have not even bothered reading my post. If you still dont understand then i will explain again.

If a shield in this case tower shield is put on after the feint and hex are put on then it will be the first to be destroyed followed by feint and hex.

As for absorb, same thing really steal ward gets rid of it and if the balance has already gotten rid off the tower shield then it doesnt matter if the absorb is there.

Ice armor? Not everyone is ice in case that escaped your notice. Barely anyone who isnt ice has ice armor.

Weakness, most balance carry around the storm card that desttroys bad buffs like infection and weakness. However sometimes they just leave it on and because of their being no proper shield to stop judgement, it still manages to obliterate an enemy.

So now you can see exactly why a proper shield is needed for balance but being the exploiter you are i still expect you to try and find a way around this post to say why its not an exploit and it can be beaten.

About 40% of the warlords i see at the arena are balance. That is because of the exploit. If nothing is done i think that in about a month or two's time that will be anything from 50 to 60%.

P.s
I find it amusing that when you posted your wizard signature you posted everything except the rank. (Which is almost definitely warlord.)

I have won one match, out of seven. I, as you might realize, don't PVP much. I also don't use that Judgment destruction combo move of yours, simply because I haven't got the patience to build up pips. Why don't we add more shields? A treasure absorb, like one of those 500 ones. Then another treasure absorb, but that one is just 400 damage. Let's strap on a Weakness and a Treasure Weakness. Just keep doing that. Or you can barrage you with 4-5 pip spells, and if we are Myth, let's summon the no pip minion after you put on some traps and blades! You can put up with him, or you can kill him, getting rid of your traps and blades. If you have Fire or Storm, even the two pip spells will hurt. If you're Ice, keep putting on Tower Shields, waiting to do Ice Armor. I'm not really sure about the other schools, but oh well. Besides, after someone takes off your Weakness or Tower Shield with a wand spell, put it back on! And your opponent doesn't have treasure wand spells, while you can fill your whole sideboard up with Treasure Tower Shields and Weaknesses.
~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard, PRIVATE

Defender
May 31, 2009
Second off, congragulations

Not sure why you are congratulating me - does that mean I win again? Woohoo!

Glad you've seen the light.

Oh, and gg.

mlb

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
77296 wrote:

Ok so here is our over powered judgement. Enough power to kill any and every wizard. Howver, if say you had a tower shield that had been put on before the feint and hex. (This would make it get destroyed after the feint and hex have added their contribution, if your a storm, fire, myth or a death then forget it unless you have double tower shield stacked, like a treasure tower after a normal tower both before the balance put on the feint and hex.

Nathan StormRider
GrandMaster Diviner
Overlord

Not true, if you're death you can use sacrifice to get rid of hex and feint. as well as heal yourself, sense weakness will prob be on you and you have grand gear, weakness and hex cancle out with feint doing about 30% less so a total of 300 +40% = 420. 700 - 420=280+ so you're good
and what would you have the shield be? 50%? Though it is bad that they exploit this it isnt good to overpower a shield either. and you forgot to add in the bonus of cloths! Never forget about cloths, they are the hidden weapon in your arsonal. And I'm pretty sure you bolt in pvp by the way you sound so dont complain about judgement

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
AlecVolterra wrote:
77296 wrote:

Ok so here is our over powered judgement. Enough power to kill any and every wizard. Howver, if say you had a tower shield that had been put on before the feint and hex. (This would make it get destroyed after the feint and hex have added their contribution, if your a storm, fire, myth or a death then forget it unless you have double tower shield stacked, like a treasure tower after a normal tower both before the balance put on the feint and hex.

Nathan StormRider
GrandMaster Diviner
Overlord

Not true, if you're death you can use sacrifice to get rid of hex and feint. as well as heal yourself, sense weakness will prob be on you and you have grand gear, weakness and hex cancle out with feint doing about 30% less so a total of 300 +40% = 420. 700 - 420=280+ so you're good
and what would you have the shield be? 50%? Though it is bad that they exploit this it isnt good to overpower a shield either. and you forgot to add in the bonus of cloths! Never forget about cloths, they are the hidden weapon in your arsonal. And I'm pretty sure you bolt in pvp by the way you sound so dont complain about judgement

LOL. What makes you think i bolt? Surely i have already stated chain stunning is my thing, gotta love chain stunning, seeing your opponents helpless and while my team laugh themselves to death. And its almost a 100% winning streak as i barely ever lose. Much better odds than wild bolting would ever get me. feel free to use judgement as much as you like even if it shows zero skill but if you take one step into 4v4 then i can guarantee you that if i ever fight you you will lose.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Judgement is a tactic, not an exploit. I think a shield against balance or judgement would be unbalancing ( no pun intended), especially if mobs get it. I guess we'll find out.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
wait, so you whine about judgement (a pretty much strictly 1v1 strategy)... and then say that you are a proud chain-stunner (which works for any battle EXCEPT 1v1)? what i get out of that is, you try to get rid of strategies in the rare situation where YOUR strategy doesn't work. it's not like you're likely to enter 1v1 anyway, given the fact that you use a multiplayer "strategy" (in quotes because that's the real exploitation [which is the actual word to use in that situation]). by the way, you are, by your own admittance, a self-centered, overconfident duelist who cares nothing for other people and can't imagine his strategy failing. your chain stunning tricks shall backfire...???????...

and IamLezul makes a good point: the spell is incredibly hard to get. not only do TWO bosses guard the box we need to get, but they have SPIRIT ARMOR and SPRITE. finding another way around those dual (life) bosses is possible, but is difficult.

i will now shamelessly confess my semi-betrayal of my fellow sorcerers (sorry guys... :P ) and direct you to my post in the pvp section called "once and for all". it contains, among other things, a detailed guide to beating balance without spending one training point.

you are getting sleepy... sleepy... very sleepy...

when i snap my fingers, you will never complain about anything to do with the school of balance EVER!!

*SNAP!*

*sigh* if only it were that easy.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Please learn the definition of the word exploit. An exploit is a "cheat" or something that was not intended to be done, but people found a way to get around it. Second of all, you cant state something is an exploit just because you OBVIOUSLY created this came and OBVIOUSLY own all of the rights to it.

Lastly, if judgement is an exploit, why was it created in this game? Did someone in the KI lab think "Oh I have an Idea! Lets make a completely overpowered spell called judgement! I mean, it could cost 2 pips and do 1000 damage like that other school, but lets make a card that does 400 less damage per pip compared to storm, and make it so that Everybody complains about it!"

And if you start o say, oh maybe idk that bolt is only 10%, FINE. That can easily be increased with the over-powered storm robe and a sniper. But lets talk about an Average rank six spell, like triton.

Storm's rank 6 spell does 166.667 repeating per pip. Lets look at Hydra. 90 damage per pip. Lets look at judge. 100 damage per pip. SEE A DIFFERENCE? i hope you do... Just in case you didnt, lets add some more simple factors. The 2 possible blades for a judge is 25 and 20. The two possible blades for storm is 30 and 35 INCLUDING a possible 25 and 20. Hmm 45% + 100 a pip or 65%+ 166.667 a pip.. WHICH SOUNDS MORE FAIR?

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
possumman14 wrote:
Balance has no balance-specific blade. Balance has no balance-specific trap. Give them both of those, and you can have a balance shield. Once you agree with and understand that, then I'll go into how all things that balance benefits from can be negated from two types of tower shields, two types of weakness, and a few other random general damage reducers.

Balance doesn't need a shield. Balance needs opponents that have some sort of clue on how to PvP against them so the complaining goes down.

hey i for one do believe that pvp do need a balance shield event if you have tower shield in your deck it don't have to come in your hand when you fighting most of the time you have to be looking for them but even so tower shield are so easy to get rid of fair is fair all the other school have shield but balance and then balance wizard can do up to 4000 damage in one shot storm wizard have it the hardest in pvp we have the lowest health of all and we fizzle more than any other school please we need balance shield

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
"drakheart" wrote:
hey i for one do believe that pvp do need a balance shield event if you have tower shield in your deck it don't have to come in your hand when you fighting most of the time you have to be looking for them but even so tower shield are so easy to get rid of fair is fair all the other school have shield but balance and then balance wizard can do up to 4000 damage in one shot storm wizard have it the hardest in pvp we have the lowest health of all and we fizzle more than any other school please we need balance shield

1. Invest in capitalization and punctuation. That was physically painful to read.

2. Yes, tower shield is very easy to get rid of. So is balanceblade. So is dragonblade. So is curse. So is feint.

3. If a judgment is doing 4K damage on you, get real gear and get some spells that cushion the blow. There is simply no excuse for this, especially since the removal of chain stun. If you let a sorcerer hit you for that much, frankly you deserve to lose.

4. Storm has it hardest in PvP? Are you drunk? Wild bolt, chain stuns, a triton that makes judgment look like seraph, and more traps than you can shake a stick at. Yeah, watch me pity storm magi.

Your post, grammar and sentence structure notwithstanding, had so many holes in it that I can't even begin to describe. You make it sound like everyone fighting a sorcerer walks around with feint and curse on them every round.

And like I said - if you want to give balance a shield, then they should get a 35-40% single school-specific blade, a 35% tri-blade coinciding with spirit or elemental, a 30-35% school-specific trap, and a 25% tri-trap coinciding with spirit or elemental.

Give them all that, and you can have a shield. Next time you think about what bad things balance doesn't have, you should take all of 30 seconds and think of all the good things balance doesn't have either.

Or would that stifle everyone's ability to whine about balance? Pardon me.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
drakheart wrote:
possumman14 wrote:

funny how balance has no blade, no trap, and no prism. yes no shield or dispell, but no blade, trap, or even something that converts the spell into another school. fair is fair, remember?

by the way, max judge damage with no treasures or equips is 5569. max temp damage with no treasures or equips: over 22000, yes 22 THOUSAND, over that actually, per enemy.

oh, and if you have such a hard time with fizzles, Mr. drakheart the Diviner Guy, use the spell you get at level 2, yes just level TWO, called lightningstrike. just watch as it improves your accuracy score by ten for your next attack! disclaimer: lightningstrike will also go off with a blade, trap, shield or prism. kingsisle will not be held responsible for losses and/or fizzles due to poor timing with lightningstrike.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Ya there ought to be a balance shield I fought my balance friend and he got with gear brisk breeze ring and super mailstaire robe judgement a way to gets nearly 7000 so only ice can withstand his hit and they have to use absorbs

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
wow, I beat a balance grand in commander gear was a warlord used judge and feint and tower, and i was LIFE! O; so its easy to beat judge noobs