Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I don't think feint is glitched per-say

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
The following thread is mere speculation and is mostly meant to entertain myself, and to show off my deductive reasoning skills.
Of course, I would love for people to agree with me! If, however, you feel that I am totally wrong, feel free to say so in a polite manner.

feint
I saw another thread complaining about the way feint incorrectly displays the trap it puts on it's caster as +70%. I began to think about why this spell would have such a strange problem...
I have noticed that all of the debuffs that stack with each other are of different values or different elements. I have noticed some balance enemies cast hex, a trap that adds +30% to the next damage spell cast on the target. Now, if feint were to display the correct value for the trap it put on it's caster, both feint's penalty trap and a hex trap would look exactly the same. My speculation is that; if both of these traps were afflicting a player, if that player got hit with a damage spell only one trap would trigger.
Two hex traps of the same value won't trigger off of the same spell. I think KI is having trouble getting the game to tell the difference between a 30% hex trap and a 30% feint trap.
In short I think the glitch is not that the feint penalty trap says +70%; I think the +70%, displayed on the trap placed on the caster, is the only solution KI has been able to use to get the feint spell to work properly.
I don't understand how programs work, I am told that they can be very finicky over details though. So what do you think? All very logical, and all probably very wrong. I hope this post was at least entertaining and intellectually stimulating.
I do quite enjoy the feint spell and I am absolutely glad that it applies the correct values, even if it can't display them correctly.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I'm going to have to disagree.

When an enemy uses feint on a player, then that player casts hex, the feint 30% doesn't even get used, even though it says 70%. The problem is more that it's not being used, what it displays could be in chinese for all I care! :-P

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I haven't reached an area where monsters use feint. I know that when an enemy hex and my own feint afflict me the Marleybone monsters trigger both with one spell. Thank you for this information! The spell has more stacking problems than I suspected... I guess it would be frustrating to play a balance wizard and use hex, only to have the monster use feint and block my hex for a turn. 30% now and 30% later is nowhere near as good as 60% now. Those monsters are tricky!

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Feint and hex get triggered together. What doesn't happen is that if you use a feint on someone, and they feint you back, if you attack only the most recent feint is counted. So when you attack them its +30%. When they attack you it's +70%. Next attack is the other way around.
Just a small note. Zebulous, when you said "30% now and 30% later is nowhere near as good as 60% now," that is not exactly the case. Both 30%'s now is roughly 70%, because 1.3x1.3=1.69, which is +69%.
I also believe that at the moment (IDK about when Celestia comes out), no monster uses feint on you. What Josh1128Sh was talking about was in PVP.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
ooo, i love mind-testing little problems such as these. first off, lets get straight what the possibilities with this problem are:

1.KI has been to busy to fix/change this.
2.it would arouse a problem with the spell hex (zebulous' theory).
3.KI is unable to fix/change this for some reason not yet identified.
4.it is glitched.

now, hear are some off my ideas and opinions.
the problem is not merely what the game is displaying, as a few of you have mentioned, but its the actual way the game is built. u cant use a trap or blade that contains the same amount of power-up in the same spell. just pointing something out there. after all, that would make sense if what Josh1123Sh is saying is true, correct?
as for a solution, i have 2.
1. Ignore It. wizard101 has quite a few flaws that you just have to endure an except.
2. Change Hex or Feint. it dosent have to be a drastic change.

ok, i've spoken my part.