Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level of henchmen I can summon?

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010

I've searched the boards and looked through the handbook, but I can't seem to find an answer to this.

I thought that when you summon a henchman, it had to be at your current level. Example: I am currently level 35, so I have been using level 30 henchmen when I summon them.

In a battle yesterday, another player told me I could summon a level 50 henchman. I tried it, and I did get a level 50 henchman, but the only difference I saw, other than how many crowns it cost, was that the level 50 had more health. The spells that he used seemed to be around the same level as mine (near level 30 or so). I didn't see any really grand spell difference.

So, evidently you CAN summon a henchman at a higher level than you are, but are you really getting higher levels spells too?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:

I've searched the boards and looked through the handbook, but I can't seem to find an answer to this.

I thought that when you summon a henchman, it had to be at your current level. Example: I am currently level 35, so I have been using level 30 henchmen when I summon them.

In a battle yesterday, another player told me I could summon a level 50 henchman. I tried it, and I did get a level 50 henchman, but the only difference I saw, other than how many crowns it cost, was that the level 50 had more health. The spells that he used seemed to be around the same level as mine (near level 30 or so). I didn't see any really grand spell difference.

So, evidently you CAN summon a henchman at a higher level than you are, but are you really getting higher levels spells too?

You can summon any level, but if you watch, level 50, from time to time do cast their school'slevle 48 spell. I find this more common with fire summoning the dragon to hit the foes with, but I have also seen death do it...

With the small crown difference, it seems best to me when you get yourself in a bind, go for the best you can get.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
You can summon any level, but if you watch, level 50, from time to time do cast their school'slevle 48 spell. I find this more common with fire summoning the dragon to hit the foes with, but I have also seen death do it...

With the small crown difference, it seems best to me when you get yourself in a bind, go for the best you can get.

Thank you. I'll watch next time and see what happens.