Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't find Scrap Iron!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I know everyone finds Scrap Iron in Marlybone, but I can't find much. I have finished Marlybone and been to all the areas, but I have only found 5 pieces of Scrap Iron. Why can't I find any?? :(

Amber DawnWhisper lvl 40 Life wizard

Hero
May 27, 2009
If you are only able to play during the most crowded times, you will find less scrap iron because a lot of people are hunting for it. It's very hard to see sometimes, as it is normally up against a wall, or behind a crate. Your best place during busy hours is to re-do Big Ben, where you can normally find about four spawns of scrap iron. On the rooftops, your best bets are the end-points of the various transporters, near boss sites. I personally prefer Newgate Prison, but there are those who swear that they get most scrap iron in Chelsea Court. Once you find some, switch realms and check that spawn site again.

Good luck!

Community Leader
If you look at the fan sites in the wizard community area ,there are many that have reagent routes. Myself I like to go to new gate prison by the o leary brutes or knights court. You can also find scrap iron in the bazaar.

Hopes this helps

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
I've been farming scrap iron in Marleybone for a coupla days now, once I found the spawn points.

It's simple: Cruise back and forth between Digimore Station and 221B Baker Street. (It's a good idea to go a little past each, but not too much.)

After you go from one to the other, change realms and do it again. It takes about a minute to cruise between those two points, and there's a one-minute wait to change realms again, so it works out pretty well. Cruise, change, cruise, change, etc.

You'll find plenty of scrap iron on the sidewalks. And after a few trips you'll recognize the specific spawn points.

Good hunting.

Delver
May 31, 2009
Akylax wrote:
I've been farming scrap iron in Marleybone for a coupla days now, once I found the spawn points.

It's simple: Cruise back and forth between Digimore Station and 221B Baker Street. (It's a good idea to go a little past each, but not too much.)

After you go from one to the other, change realms and do it again. It takes about a minute to cruise between those two points, and there's a one-minute wait to change realms again, so it works out pretty well. Cruise, change, cruise, change, etc.

You'll find plenty of scrap iron on the sidewalks. And after a few trips you'll recognize the specific spawn points.

Good hunting.

that is correct although I go all the way to the museum, remember the scrap iron is along the outside not the center. switching realms can also help, Do your hunting either in the early morning or late evening by switching realms you should gather al you need in about 20-30 minutes

the other option is to buy the transmute crafting spell for scrap iron. the crafter who gave you your quest has it, just switch from equipment to cards. this should help you move along

I would also grab the one for diamond as you will need it for ds crafting

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Grizabella345 wrote:
I know everyone finds Scrap Iron in Marlybone, but I can't find much. I have finished Marlybone and been to all the areas, but I have only found 5 pieces of Scrap Iron. Why can't I find any?? :(

Amber DawnWhisper lvl 40 Life wizard

all you do to get tons of scrap iron is first, go to chelsy court.
then go by timmy icepick's place.
if you dont find scrap iron by his place in your realm, change realms.
if you dont find it again, change realms again XD and etc. you could find over
24 peices of scrap iron like this ;)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Go to katz lab. THe secret boss (hint hint) usually has some outside his place.