Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i'm new... some question about deck

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
Hi guys, i'm an old player, surely with my age (adult is correct :-) )
I have some question :

Also if i have some card in my deck i cannot see it!

i have check my pips... 2 pips ok... i don't understand how i have to make my deck, read guide too...

I've understand most of it, but i don't know why i cannot see all my spell...

and... the first cars in example 12-20 card.... what's means? :)

Thank in advance and sorry for newbye question...

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Delver
May 31, 2009
your deck has three sections; the first section is where youplace youmain cards, you should stock it full of heals and your favorite attacks. the second section is for your treasure cards, these are one use cards once you use them they are gone, you can choose which cards to place here. to draw treasure cards right click on one of your cards to discard it then click the draw button. the third section is from your equipment; clothing, wand, and amulet these are always in your deck. not all clothing offer spell cards.

when in combat you only see seven cards at a time, like card games you work with whats showing knowing what else is in your deck. for example you know you have an attack card in your deck but don`t see it yet so you use a card that is showing or you discard ones you don`t need in the hope that the one you do want comes up.

to make your deck click on the backpack then on the card section, next click on the far left button and you will see the cards in your deck on the left and the cards you can put in your deck on the right side. what you put in your deck is a matter of personal preferences mixed with experience.

some spells cost more pips and do more damage.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
12-20 means its showing 12 out of the 20 cards you have total including treasure cards, wand spells, or even outfit spells. if you have anymore questions you could look in the the problems forum or go to a ansite such as wizard101central they give pictures for you to give you an idea

Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
mabye im guessing you might have to many cards in your deck when your in batlle in your spell deck picks out random cards i would take out less wanted cards in your deck then i think you should be more likely to have that card :D i hope this works bye From:Vixtran

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
nabbo wrote:
Hi guys, i'm an old player, surely with my age (adult is correct :-) )
I have some question :
Also if i have some card in my deck i cannot see it!
i have check my pips... 2 pips ok... i don't understand how i have to make my deck, read guide too...
I've understand most of it, but i don't know why i cannot see all my spell...
and... the first cars in example 12-20 card.... what's means? :-)
Thank in advance and sorry for newbye question...

1) When you gain new spells, they will be placed into your deck (to the deck max of either specific card max or deck total card max).
2) You may select to change the cards in your deck. On the side of your 'book' you will see a 'card'. Click on it.
.....a) The cards on the left top are your current cards in deck. Click on them to remove them.
.....b) The cards on the right page are the spells you know. Click on them to add them to your spell deck.
.....c) There is a button on the top right which shows your treasure card stash. Click to add to your deck (these are all one use).
3) In combat, the cards randomly selected from your deck (usu 7 of them) will be displayed. Again, these are chosen at random. The back of the card on the left indicates number of spells you have in your deck (including those granted by wand and other clothing) and the number of them remaining.
4) To use in combat, click on those highlighted (those you can use) and on a target. It won't let you use a card you don't have pips for.
5) The next round, cards will be drawn to fill your hand up for the next combat selection sequence.
6) If you find a card in your hand you don't need, discard by right clicking (be careful you discard the correct card, it is tricky at first).
7) To draw treasure cards, you must make room in your deck by discarding one or more cards, the use the draw button to refill hand with treasure cards. (Note, these can be discarded starting the following round if desired, if discarded, they go back to the stash.)
Please note, there is a reshuffle card you can buy at the library as a treasure card if desired...it reshuffles things if really needed.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
I'm very glad to see all this reply, and sorry for my english, is not perfect but i hope you understand all that i want say.

So, thank to all again...
It seems to understand how i have to make the deck, i know how i have to put my cards (my spell) i know how i have to put treasure card (in the same way i put "normal" cards), for use treasure card i have to discard one card of my deck (with draw)...
I know powerful spell need more pips.
ok... so the cards i have at begin of combat is choose random? (how say mark)...only this doubt :-)
is all right in this post? :-)
All is very clear, i have to say, tutorial is very good and the player guide too...

Very very happy to see all this comment

Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
One way to make sure you get what you need all the time is to stack your deck. I do this all the time.

For instance Im storm so Unless im fighting a boss, i only put my tidal wave spell and the storm lord spell in along with my 30% boost cards in along with my 400hp spell. So i dont end up drawing cards ill never use. Once i got past wizard city i took out all my level one cards(1pip) and only kept my 2 and 3 pip cards in so that im not drawing any 1pip cards since they seem to be a waste of a pip at that point in the game. After i hit mooshu i took out all my level 1 and 2 cards and only put in my level 3 spells since the rest are a waste of pips and at that point i also had a wand that would give me 1 extra pip at start of a fight so i was already starting off with 2 pips at worst 1 pip and 1 power pip at best. At dragonspyre id keep only my 5th and 6th level spells in my deck so that i only drew those since id automatically start off with 1power pip and 1 regular or 2power pips in a fight so im already 1 away from the spells and by the time i added my shields in to any of those i had enough pips to cast atleast my 5th level cards with 30% increase in damage.

As for the multi hit spells. The tidal wave one does 80 damage per pip so it could be use as a single hit killer or a multimonster killer when they were low enough that 2 or 3 pips would kill them off instead of waiting around for 7 pips to gather for my storm lord spell to overkill them.

Id add in conversion spells as needed as well incase im up against lighting. Id keep a few myth gold cards in my deck as back up for the unlucky draws that i didnt get a conversion spell on the first 2 or 3 turns.

The more you play the more you will learn to tweek your deck to suit your playing style and needs. By the time i hit DS

With all that being said i always had my wand spells (5 or 6 free low damage hits) and 1 or 2 creature blue cards from my pet/Necklace to use.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
Ok, is all clear now :-)
Cryptica thanks for deep explayn your way to play, i think is the usual way to play in this game, i will drop all the lowest card in hightest world so, and i'll learn how to use the deck.
Many many thanks to all again, for know this game you have to play it...
But it seems a stupid kids mmorpg but it's not really simple.. :-)

But very very fun mmorpg...

Sorry again for my english

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
Hi and thank you for the deck infor ,, but I still don't get how to take out my 1 {pip} to put in my 2 -3 in i click away and still nothing happens a little help please and sad but true I love the game and I'm a older player,, and new to gaming online . any help would be great

Administrator
Your wand automatically places a number of minor bolt spells in your deck, and amulets and pets will often times put a random spell card in your deck. These items appear on the 'sideboard' of your deck (left hand side at the bottom)
To remove those spells, you need to unequip the item that is granting those spells.

To put a card inside your deck, simply click on it on the right side of the screen and it will show up in your deck contents. The red circles next to the card shows the max number of copies you can put inside the current deck. The yellow circles show the number of that card that you have already put into your deck.

community@wizard101.com