Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blocking Player vs Player Opponent Chat

AuthorMessage
Administrator
I just wanted to remind our players that you have the ability to block messages from your Player vs Player Opponents.

Under Options is the option to hide your opponent's Chat in Player vs Player combat. If you have this option enabled, during a PvP duel:
  • Anything you type cannot be seen by your opponents, but can be seen by your teammates and spectators.

• Anything your opponents type you can’t see, but can be seen by their teammates and spectators.

• All Menu Chat can be seen by everyone.

• You can change this setting at any time, including during a PvP duel, but it will not take affect until the next turn.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
the other option if some one is being unrueling and obnoxius,, just click on their name in the text box and ignore them. My ignore list is so full i am surprised wizards hasnt asked me to stop! Ranked arena only brings out the worst in people, IT SHOULD BE REMOVED, no the cards or the people.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Hey, I didn't know that you could still write to your teammates and spectators if you used this feature! Cool, I'm going to have to try it out.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Josh1128Sh wrote:
Hey, I didn't know that you could still write to your teammates and spectators if you used this feature! Cool, I'm going to have to try it out.

I didn't realize this either. That is really useful and prevents the need to get into group just to coordinate with teammates.

I have a question though. When the match is over, and one team has been defeated, does this automatically turn off so you can say "Good Game" to the other players and perhaps discuss the battle, before leaving the arena?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 18 (Journeyman Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 10 (Initiate Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 8 (Apprentice Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 5 (Apprentice Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 2 (Novice Sorcerer)

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
bettercarpenter wrote:
the other option if some one is being unrueling and obnoxius,, just click on their name in the text box and ignore them. My ignore list is so full i am surprised wizards hasnt asked me to stop! Ranked arena only brings out the worst in people, IT SHOULD BE REMOVED, no the cards or the people.
yea in ranked i keep getting pined with snobs

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
proffessor this IS a good idea, BUT if people are using foul language they should be reported not just ignored

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Wh1rledPeas wrote:
Josh1128Sh wrote:

I didn't realize this either. That is really useful and prevents the need to get into group just to coordinate with teammates.

I have a question though. When the match is over, and one team has been defeated, does this automatically turn off so you can say "Good Game" to the other players and perhaps discuss the battle, before leaving the arena?

Yes yes you can, I have used it a couple times (mainly 4v4) and you can say "Good Game" before leaving the arena.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
proffessor this IS a good idea, BUT if people are using foul language they should be reported not just ignored

I totally agree with you 100% its annoying to here that in game like this. you get sick of hearing it and then you just don't want to play

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
jimdin9000 wrote:
Yes yes you can, I have used it a couple times (mainly 4v4) and you can say "Good Game" before leaving the arena.

You might want to make sure your opponent is a comparable level before you say "Good Match". It's really annoying to get defeated by someone 15 levels higher than you and then be told at the end "Good Match". I find myself looking for the "Riiiiiight" button.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010

You might want to make sure your opponent is a comparable level before you say "Good Match". It's really annoying to get defeated by someone 15 levels higher than you and then be told at the end "Good Match". I find myself looking for the "Riiiiiight" button.
the reason people say good match or good game is because its good sportsmenship. i mean really would you prefer "gg" or "you are such a noob weakling". i would definetly go with gg. that way there is less fighting or more playing.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
Thanks for the thread.
Now lets really talk about this shall we?
First off when you think what you text is private your wrong all the other Team needs to do to know your stats and what spell your telling your mates you plan to cast next is have a friend come and they send what your planning so beware of this new toy it has a big down side to it. Example say you plan to use a 7 pip spell you have five but know your getting a powe pip next turn
and you tell your teammates who you plan to hit and with what spell so they can trap or blade you to help out its not your turn and a friend of the other team tells them in whisper your teams plan ,they cover the one your hitting and your spell and pips are either dissipated or wasted. god luck and keep it private in whisper if you want to win.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
hello well yeah i was watching my friend pvp and i said erica kick their but! but the oponent told me too shut the beep up. and she reported me!? now im freaking out but the blocking oponent chat is very helpful.

olivia willow blossom, lvl 40

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
bettercarpenter wrote:
sometimes it brings very hard people and sometimes it brings easy people so why should it be removed

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
it should be over ranked arena should be over. because i was dueling on my l life character in test realm then i used storm zilla to beat my oponnent then he said i was a noob for beating him. i then came across him again and i beat him and again he called me a noob

Survivor
May 09, 2010
schooling1 wrote:
it should be over ranked arena should be over. because i was dueling on my l life character in test realm then i used storm zilla to beat my oponnent then he said i was a noob for beating him. i then came across him again and i beat him and again he called me a noob

Some numbers I'd like to share with K.I. and the community:

out of 250 ranked pvp matches-

142 balance opponents
54 storm opponents
26 death opponents
14 fire opponents
7 myth opponents
5 life opponents
2 ice opponents
200+ times a "friend" of the opponent cheered and jeered from the sideline

I was inspired to keep track of these after I noticed a severe LACK of variety of opponents in my matches. Clearly there is something wrong with the system. What is the deal, K.I. ?????

Yes I am aware that it's possible more Balance wizards play in pvp than others, but every time I go to join a match, I see plenty of other schools there.

It's bad enough that the Balance school seems designed for pvp battles, good for them, but do I really need to fight one 57% of the time?

on a personal note: With a spell accuracy level of 87%, why do I fizzle almost EVERY when sometimes only 5 or 6 spells are used total?
in longer fights, I fizzle 2 or more times nearly EVERY fight, and not even on a wild bolt, why is this?

I am not a wizard of STATS, but these numbers DO NOT LOOK RIGHT

And with K.I. choosing to give us terrible shuffles just about every battle, and making most every acquired item a bright pink or yellow color(charging a bunch to dye the color for most people who don't want bright pink or yellow)
And, not having a seperate category in pvp for people that DO NOT USE CROWNS, also seems severely unbalanced.

I realize I am making multiple points here, but the main one is that K.I. needs to correct the details of this wildly popular game. Give people their moneys worth.

Level 50 Storm
Level 50 Myth

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
why do people care if a stranger sometimes thousand of miles away throws a temper tantrum and calls you a noob it doesnt mean you are ( if you a noob and you beat them what does that say?) I just ignore but on to profanity and a game targeted towards young children is uncalled for and shows the levels of immaturity of some people but as for a being called a noob i am sorry to say if you are hurt by being called that from a stupid ignorant person then maybe you are

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
bettercarpenter wrote:
the other option if some one is being unrueling and obnoxius

No offense, but bad spelling. Anyways, people saying "your so messed up and I know I'm gonna win haha" and stuff like that. It gets really annoying very quickly. Thanks for notifying me about that Professor Greyrose.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
st0rmwater wrote:
schooling1 wrote:

Some numbers I'd like to share with K.I. and the community:

out of 250 ranked pvp matches-

142 balance opponents
54 storm opponents
26 death opponents
14 fire opponents
7 myth opponents
5 life opponents
2 ice opponents
200+ times a "friend" of the opponent cheered and jeered from the sideline

I was inspired to keep track of these after I noticed a severe LACK of variety of opponents in my matches. Clearly there is something wrong with the system. What is the deal, K.I. ?????

It's bad enough that the Balance school seems designed for pvp battles, good for them, but do I really need to fight one 57% of the time?

And, not having a seperate category in pvp for people that DO NOT USE CROWNS, also seems severely unbalanced.

I realize I am making multiple points here, but the main one is that K.I. needs to correct the details of this wildly popular game. Give people their moneys worth.

Level 50 Storm
Level 50 Myth

Well, IMO, think about the balance wizards side, lol, here for them they are fighting your storm the same amount of time that you fight balance. But really, joking aside, I have never seen this issue for my wizards before, the main opponents I seem to fight are storm and fire. Out of curiousity, I am going to keep track of days/times/ and wizards faced just to see how it works out. You have me curious.
As for your crowns comment, they do have an arena for people without crowns it is called "practice arena", and if you are just talking about people who use crown gear, then get some if you dont like it. Everyone that has a subscription gets some crowns with it and can be used for whatever you like. If you choose to use your crowns for things besides gear then dont complain about others who use theirs for crowns. As for crown gear itself, most of it can be found in the bazaar for gold, it is just called different names and maybe have slightly different stats, but my point is great gear with the same great stats can be found at the bazaar. The only difference is the card that comes with some crown gear, but after all that is only 1 card, it doesnt make the difference between winning or losing for a good player. One last point, IMO, KI needs to make money to keep the game online and to make updates and crown gear is one way for them to do it. They have to offer something a little special or different if they want people to spend their money on the game. The crown gear does not make you undefeatable, it just gives one an incentive to spend crowns. And for those of you who want the game to be all free or all stuff available for free, you need to chill, if it wasnt for the paying players buying stuff, the game would cease to exist.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
st0rmwater wrote:

on a personal note: With a spell accuracy level of 87%, why do I fizzle almost EVERY when sometimes only 5 or 6 spells are used total?
in longer fights, I fizzle 2 or more times nearly EVERY fight, and not even on a wild bolt, why is this?

I am not a wizard of STATS, but these numbers DO NOT LOOK RIGHT

And with K.I. choosing to give us terrible shuffles just about every battle, and making most every acquired item a bright pink or yellow color(charging a bunch to dye the color for most people who don't want bright pink or yellow)

Level 50 Storm
Level 50 Myth

You have 13% fizzle rate... and when you cast 5-6 spells, you fizzle one. 100/6 = 16 (approx)... You are SUPPOSED to fizzle once every 6 spells. Are you complaining about the game working properly? Keep in mind that 80% does not mean that you will fizzle exactly once per 5 spells --- it means on Average, you will fizzle 1/5 times. Any roll of the dice could make it 0/5 or 2/5. It's perfectly fine and entirely expected. It's called Variance (look it up).

Also, the opponents you face changes as you progress in Rank. I face mainly Ice/Fire opponents, but that's because I am a Warlord at level 28. I hardly face any decent Balance Wizard (if I meet one, it's some level 40+ Veteran).

The whole point of Ranked PvP is to satisfy the "competitive" population of Wizard. If we have separate categories for people with weaker Equipment, then later on, people will want different categories for Wizard School --- then categories for Skill level and Hour spent per month... etc...

Competitive games are based on devotion, skills, intuitive thinking and logical analysis of mechanics (of the game); it's in no way intended to make all parties involved "even" or "happy" or "fair".

Do Olympic forbid better train equipment for wealthier countries? Do they forbid countries with a larger population pool to choose from? Do they whine about "Imba-unfair-overpowered-ness" of African Runners and Asian Gymnasts? No. That's all in the spirit of competition. Want to compete? Get crowns, get cards, get spells, learn about the game, take a few seconds to think before choosing a spell to cast, plan ahead...

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
bettercarpenter wrote:
I agree with you there sir pvp should be banned it does bring out the worst in people.Plus it can be stressful i have broken atleast 20 computers over pvp.Pvp is the worst thing in the game it should just be banned and k i can make up something good for that area have a good day.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Wh1rledPeas wrote:
Josh1128Sh wrote:

" i think the block thing should last the entire time, even after they leave, some people might take good game as a taunt, no joke, i hate when people say good game to me because i hear it as a taunt such as, "lol i beat you in a pvp match", i'm not kidding, i'm being serious, plus after the match has ended, the winner might have enough time to say, something bad before leaving and the other person would be offended. thats my oppinion" John RubySpear
Lvl 60 Fire pvp Captain

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Yingu wrote:

The whole point of Ranked PvP is to satisfy the "competitive" population of Wizard.

The two main purposes of PvP/PK are to fill a market niche and to give current subscribers an additional reason to play.

Some people want to participate in PvP/PK and play with that purpose in mind. That's what they enjoy doing. If PvP wasn't offered, they wouldn't subscribe. For that reason, just about every (M)MORPG offers PvP. This has been true since the text MUD days in the early 1990's.

At some point, customers will get bored with taking characters through the storyline and side quests. At that point, something else has to be available to keep them as subscribers. PvP is one of the many offerings used here.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
schooling1 wrote:

Ya this happens to me a lot i just find it good to just laugh at them and ignore them.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
horsegirl126 wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

I totally agree with you 100% its annoying to here that in game like this. you get sick of hearing it and then you just don't want to play
Exactly! but KingsIsle never deals with those people, i once did that and i fould them in a pvp match 2 days later