Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

orthus

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 12, 2009
hey guys i was wondering does orthus only attack one person and if so why would i want it?! all the other 7 pip spells do almost the same damage and attack all the people in the battle! and they also have extra stuff like power nova which not only attacks all the battlers it also puts weaken on ALL the battlers if you think this is unfair post on this maybe kings isle will change orthus so it can attack ALL the battlers!

Community Leader
Yes orthus is a one enemy attack, why would you want it? the same reason for minotaur ,It is a double attack and if set up right can kill in one hit.
Plus you get the pet :)
I would say set up a minotaur 50/450 with double myth traps and see the damage. orthus 50/650 single traps give a extra 25% to both hits.

Hope this helps

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Haze922 wrote:
hey guys i was wondering does orthus only attack one person and if so why would i want it?! all the other 7 pip spells do almost the same damage and attack all the people in the battle! and they also have extra stuff like power nova which not only attacks all the battlers it also puts weaken on ALL the battlers if you think this is unfair post on this maybe kings isle will change orthus so it can attack ALL the battlers!

1. Orthrus attacks one person because its the most strongest lvl 48 move.

2. You want it because its POWERFUL.

3. unlike power nova, one blade + orthrus = nearly 800-900 damage

4. Orthrus will be overpowered if it attacked everyone.

5. Also i am guessing your not lvl 48 because if you've seen power nova's damage, its attrocius.

6. MYTH IS AWESOME :D :D :D :) :) :) :-o :-o :-o

and one last thing...

WAFFLES PWN PANCKAES.

Delver
May 31, 2009
Haze922 wrote:

myth all ready has one of the most devastating all spells in the game, mind you earthquake does only 310 damage but the ability to strip oppenents of all their shields and blades for only "5 pips" !!! expains why myth is one of the top three schools in PvP play. And Orthus is awesome in getting rid of those pesky lifers.

Only two all spells do more damage than Orthus. As for single attacks only storm triton, balance judgement, and fire heck hound can do more damage and the last two need more than 7 pips to do more.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I asked the same question long ago. The reason is that before orthrus myth wizards get earthquake, a spell that does damage to all enemies and removes all charms and wards from them. Since the other schools get hit all spells earlier, they're rank 7 spells hit all. Besides, Orthrus can hit up to 2 times.

So that's why Orthrus only effects 1 enemy at a time. I hope I helped.

P.S. I do have a grand fire, but also an initiate myth.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
orthrus does more singal damage than other schools does multiple to each
This is why it isnt a multiple hit
Fire Hits- Scald, Dragon, Meteors
Ice- Blizzard, Ice Giant
Life- NONE! AT ALL! (SO DONT COMPLAIN PLZ!)
Death- Scarecrow 1
Balance- Sand storm, Nova
Storm- Tempest, Storm Lord
Myth- Frog, and Earthquake
so one myth is fine, nova does as much damage as ice giant and that is like 450-475, so get youe facts straight about it being the weakest, if any schools need multi hit cards Its 1st LIFE then death

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
I think it is cause of Earthquake, the 6 pip spell, 310 to all with removing any shields, traps, blades and that.

On a seperate thought: They better make it one attack to all enemies, cause no deck right now can hold 8 myth cards.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Haze922 wrote:
hey guys i was wondering does orthus only attack one person and if so why would i want it?! all the other 7 pip spells do almost the same damage and attack all the people in the battle! and they also have extra stuff like power nova which not only attacks all the battlers it also puts weaken on ALL the battlers if you think this is unfair post on this maybe kings isle will change orthrus so it can attack ALL the battlers!
HEY!
know what Haze? orthrus attacks TWICE once to take off shield to myth and then to do real damage so if it attacked all players it would be WAY more powerful than the other 7 pip spell

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Haze922 wrote:

1. Orthrus attacks one person because its the most strongest lvl 48 move.

2. You want it because its POWERFUL.

3. unlike power nova, one blade + orthrus = nearly 800-900 damage

4. Orthrus will be overpowered if it attacked everyone.

5. Also i am guessing your not lvl 48 because if you've seen power nova's damage, its attrocius.

6. MYTH IS AWESOME :D :D :D :) :) :) :-o :-o :-o

and one last thing...

WAFFLES PWN PANCKAES.
ok the last part i was LAUGHING to myself

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
well people you know how long it takes for orthrus to attack so if it attacked all the enimys then it would take to long even if you were in a fore on fore fight

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
MeCatz wrote:
Yes orthus is a one enemy attack, why would you want it? the same reason for minotaur ,It is a double attack and if set up right can kill in one hit.
Plus you get the pet :)
I would say set up a minotaur 50/450 with double myth traps and see the damage. orthus 50/650 single traps give a extra 25% to both hits.

Hope this helps
also orthus and minotaur get rid of myth wards for the first 50 damage hit and then do more damage plus a possible boost.