Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard City is impossible

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
I am a level 49 death and i have no trouble with Wizard City. But before i got into krok i couldn't defeat foulgaze. I think that wizard city is the hardest world when you are at the really low levels. CAN SOMEODY EXPLAIN THAT THE FIRST WORLD IS THE HARDEST!?!?!? (besides dragonspyre)

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
are you KIDDING me!!! Thise is the easiest world. I had no trouble with the bosses at all, and it helped prepare me for Krokotopia.

Daniel Stormstaff
lvl 45 diviner

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
soccergoal7659 wrote:
are you KIDDING me!!! Thise is the easiest world. I had no trouble with the bosses at all, and it helped prepare me for Krokotopia.

Daniel Stormstaff
lvl 45 diviner

Totally! WC is a breeze (not mentioning the briskbreeze tower. HATE orrick).

Delver
May 31, 2009
ekaterina7 wrote:
I am a level 49 death and i have no trouble with Wizard City. But before i got into krok i couldn't defeat foulgaze. I think that wizard city is the hardest world when you are at the really low levels. CAN SOMEODY EXPLAIN THAT THE FIRST WORLD IS THE HARDEST!?!?!? (besides dragonspyre)

Most people lose a lot when they first start out, but knowing what you do now you will most likely have a much easier time next time through. I have a balance character who made it all the way to chelsea court before she died for the first time.

I know people love to solo but if your unsure of your character grab help when ever you can, this is supposed to be fun.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
ekaterina7 wrote:

:?

Ok, what planet are you playing from...

WC is easy to play. None of my characters have ever had problems getting started or finishing WC at begginer levels.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Um...yeah, not to burst your bubble, but I had pretty much no difficulty with Wizard City...Well, not after I got the fairy spell...

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
AlicornsPrayer wrote:

That was completely unnecesary. You don't know anything about this person or the circumstances around her difficulties. Keep in mind, she said her death wizard ... did you forget that the last 2 bosses in WC are death? or that their sidekicks are Storm?

It really puts a damper on things when your school spells are getting resisted and you're getting pounded on by storm spells. No minions yet and you don't get the death prism until AFTER those bosses are defeated.

I have several accounts and my deaths don't always get through Foulgaze and Lord Nightshade the first (or second) time around.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I think it depends on your experience level in the game, and finding the right set up of cards and style. The first time I did WC, I also died a lot. Now, on the other hand, with experience, find it very easy, having already handled the learning curve that sets things up for the rest of the game.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
AlicornsPrayer wrote:

That was completely unnecesary. You don't know anything about this person or the circumstances around her difficulties. Keep in mind, she said her death wizard ... did you forget that the last 2 bosses in WC are death? or that their sidekicks are Storm?

It really puts a damper on things when your school spells are getting resisted and you're getting pounded on by storm spells. No minions yet and you don't get the death prism until AFTER those bosses are defeated.

I have several accounts and my deaths don't always get through Foulgaze and Lord Nightshade the first (or second) time around.

Yes, but note that wizard city gets you ready for krokotopia. No bosses a bit challenging= no heck of a way through krok. Plus if ur failing or dying too many times, get help. It isn't necessarily meant to solo, anyway.

Sure, for that lvl range in particular, it isnt a breeze. But, to call WC "impossible" is a bit unrealistic compared to, say- Marleybone.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
AlicornsPrayer wrote:

ROTFLMAOL! I realize that with written words it's hard to get the 'tone' behind them....

BUT I was JOKING there, no differently then the other poster right below the OP who had posted 'Are you kidding?'...

Yet, you have some need to go and get your feathers ruffled over my response?

No, I haven't 'forgotten' what the last bosses were...But like the previous posters before me, I didn't have any difficulties with those bosses even though I faced them off with wizards (Death and Storm) from the same schools...ALONE since I played those bosses solo...

And just like the posters before me had posted, I also found WC very easy.

Sorry, but what the OP said about 'WC being the hardest to play' is funny as all heck. Sorry you want to get bent over me finding it as humorous as the previous posters. But thank you for adding even more chuckles with your 'defense' and decision to single me out with your soapbox.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Out of everyone who responded here, you choose to redicule, so yes my "feathers" got ruffled and I singled you out.

There are emoticons you could have used to "soften" the tone of your written word, but you choose not to use any that would have done so.

Defender
May 08, 2009
I could understand how death wizards have a hard time in WC.At least half of the bosses there are death.Luckily, only the higher bosses have a ton of immunity to death.My death wizards rely on their secondary school for most boss battles.

I would still say saying wizard city is impossible is a little exaggerated, but it can still be tough for lower levels

Darkhole out 8)

Explorer
Jul 13, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
AlicornsPrayer wrote:

Thanks for explaining that for me. I was wanting to say something like that but looks like someone said it for me.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Darkhole54321 wrote:
I could understand how death wizards have a hard time in WC.At least half of the bosses there are death.Luckily, only the higher bosses have a ton of immunity to death.My death wizards rely on their secondary school for most boss battles.

I would still say saying wizard city is impossible is a little exaggerated, but it can still be tough for lower levels

Darkhole out 8)

A death wizard can buy a prism for the last few booses before he gets access to that spell him/herself. It doesn't cost much, and makes life...errr...death, much easier.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I have to admit it is hard! And dont be sooooo crule
HOW WRONG OF YOU!!!!
lvl 48 Ice

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Everyone ok IT IS NOT INPOSSIBLE! i had no help i mean my ice guy flew by in too days! It's sad but look at marlybone! UGH i say so many monsters and bosses towers and more thats inpossible.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
ekaterina7 wrote:

Wizard City is actually a very easy world compared to Marlybone. MB has so many hard monsters and dungeons and you can get pulled into battle real easily. I sometimes wish my wizard was a lower level again.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
Heh, WC takes one day if you do it nonstop! The only trouble I had with the place was on my storm. Storm really stinks until ... Kraken ( Release the Kraken! ) and Tempest - so awesome! But yea, it IS easy except on storm which like I said is very hard to solo until you get Kraken - then you can cream the Krok bosses when you get only 4 pips. This is a easy world, if you had trouble with it you must have been playing storm - Mycin Thunderwraith LVL 42 Storm, sidekick of Arlen Dawneyes LVL 50 Myth.