Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death School and PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
hey guys,

having a bit of trouble deciding what a good combonation with death is for pvp. I was thinking ice to tower shield and life to sprite and then picking up shields/traps along the way but im not sure and i wanted a second opinion

thx

Grant

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Survivor
May 24, 2009
Hmmm. Interesting question. I would definitely go ice to tower. That way, you also pic up the fire/storm shield, which is important. If you do that, then you will be shielded against all schools (Tower shield for balance and ice, your myth/life shield, the fire/ice shield, and your own death shield). Yes, balance and ice you are sort of weak against with only a tower shield, but if you are that concerned about ice, get a couple of snow shields from the library. I don't think life is necessary because as death, you can heal yourself with sacrifice, or any of the life stealing attacks (ghoul, vamp, wraith, scarecrow).

In my opinion, the best way to go is ice to tower, balance to weakness, your spirit blade and trap from Niles in Krok. Since you noted you are PvP, I would also recommend training Reshuffle for the long battles.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Fire elf is a good choice if you want to bust tower shields without popping your blades with poison. It has limited uses though, mainly if they have multiples up and you don't have enough wands to take them all.

On my death grand, I really don't use a whole lot of spells outside the death schools except for weakness and random shields.

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Hello fellow Death Wizard!

I been staying away from life school heals and sticking with healing attacks and poison for shields. Throw down a gloom and doom and you got the best healing and found filling my side deck with tower shields to stop the judgements and wild bolt attackers.

Also remember we get the best minion with full power pips ;)

Name: Kane
PvP Rank: Warlord

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
ok, ice to tower, life to satyr, balance to weakness, get reshuffle, spirit blades, and spirit trap. ill let you decide what best combination is xD

John Dragonrider
Pvp rank: Warlord, in one day!

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
why take a 2nd school with death really dont need it :-)
my 1st grandmaster death i took storm as a 2nd school.

now my new death guy is death only no 2nd school i train the single shields only(ice.fire,storm,myth shields) and thats it i am now level 44 an almost done with mooshoo.

I did it this way just to see if i can do it an i have been WOOHOO :-)

Michael Redblood
Grandmaster Death

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
magner wrote:
hey guys,

having a bit of trouble deciding what a good combonation with death is for pvp. I was thinking ice to tower shield and life to sprite and then picking up shields/traps along the way but im not sure and i wanted a second opinion

thx

Grant

You don't need the life stuff, because you already have heals from your own school. I would get Reshuffle, up to Tower Shield in Ice, spirit trap and spirit blade, and all the Myth Spells. ~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard

Historian
May 15, 2009
i find trainins a little of everything works

get the max points you can train ice up to tower shield and fire/storm
then change around and move over to life and train up to satyr
this will provide you with a max defense and healing as well as allowing you decent offense