Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not blocked by filter doesnt make it right

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Just because you can get around the filter to curse at people doesnt mean it isnt reportable or right. Plain and simple. Somethings idk why they are blocked, like simply saying how many of a quest or something you need around the filter is fine. But giving out personal info or cursing is wrong. If you read the contract that everyone has to abide to sense they agreed to it before playing. it is reportable and demable to the admin if ban worthy or mute worthy or anything else

Survivor
May 14, 2009
I agree completely, it is wrong to try to abuse the chat filter so you can curse. Athough kingsile has invented a commendable filter for innapropriate comments, it is the responsibility of the players to ensure a safe, happy enviroment for all players

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Everyone knows, they choose to be rude and not follow the rules, and be completely immature. We have had hundreds of threads on this, we get it, they don't. Simple as that.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i 100% agree
this issues with cursing around the filter is getting out of hand
i mean its like 3 out of 4 matches i have in 1v1 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 ranked the team i beat will start cursing me and my team or just me out because they are being sore sports and then they report me about it
just dont worry about it
thats my motto when they report they need to realize that KI will read your text logs as well so if you cursed them out around the filter than false reported
well you can kiss youre speaking privileges goodbye

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Just because you can get around the filter to curse at people doesnt mean it isnt reportable or right. Plain and simple. Somethings idk why they are blocked, like simply saying how many of a quest or something you need around the filter is fine. But giving out personal info or cursing is wrong. If you read the contract that everyone has to abide to sense they agreed to it before playing. it is reportable and demable to the admin if ban worthy or mute worthy or anything else
I understand what your tryin' to say... but...

1. KI would just end up filtering every word. (or turning off caps)

2. dont read the filter. When people cuss at me i read the origonal thing and ignore the caps and its funny . (at least to me >.> )

3. Kids will see cursing at some point in there life. Like in the book/screenplay "To kill a mockingbird" when Bob Ewell was...acting weird, he was cursing while Jem (the child) was there.

Defender
May 08, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
I understand what your tryin' to say... but...

1. KI would just end up filtering every word. (or turning off caps)

2. dont read the filter. When people cuss at me i read the origonal thing and ignore the caps and its funny . (at least to me >.> )

3. Kids will see cursing at some point in there life. Like in the book/screenplay "To kill a mockingbird" when Bob Ewell was...acting weird, he was cursing while Jem (the child) was there.

It is reportable.I do it when someone gets out of hand with their "words".This is a family game,and if it wants to keep that status, it is needed to report them for foul language and passing though the filter.And FlipFredFredBurger

1:They won't do that.They are smart enough to figure out what words to get rid of

2:Yes,I tend to have a large ignore list.I don't really think its funny, but...

3:Yes, kids will, but remember 5 year olds(maybe helped by an adult) play this game.They shouldn't go to the shopping district and hear"Your such a ++++ you +++++++."

Not to be harsh, I am just giving my opinion.