Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Location puns

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2009
I was looking at the map of Marleybone and I noticed that a lot of places are sort of puns. In CT, USA there is a Newgate Prison. Also in CT, USA there is dolittle school, in relation to abigail dolittle. In England or something the police is called Scotland Yard. Katzenstein sounds awfully familiar to Frankenstein. Oh yeah, and my mom told me Big Ben is a place in England or someplace in Europe. Just noticed...

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
neopot39 wrote:
I was looking at the map of Marleybone and I noticed that a lot of places are sort of puns. In CT, USA there is a Newgate Prison. Also in CT, USA there is dolittle school, in relation to abigail dolittle. In England or something the police is called Scotland Yard. Katzenstein sounds awfully familiar to Frankenstein. Oh yeah, and my mom told me Big Ben is a place in England or someplace in Europe. Just noticed...

These are all TRUE. Marleybone is an England themed world.

Hannah Dragonsword, 41 fire

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
OH!!!! so that explains why I've seen relations before Hyde park is a real place!!!!

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
All of the places you mentioned are in or near London, England, in the real world. Marleybone seems to be based on 19th century London--the world setting of Sherlock Holmes. I'm very eager to get there and see if there is perhaps a detective character to meet! (I love detective stories.)
Well, "Frankenstien" isn't a place, but the rest are.

Cassandra Starblade, Life 15

Defender
May 29, 2009
Thought of another one! I watched Sherlock Holmes last night and there's a guy named Roriarty! Like Meowiarty!

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Yes! I love Marleybone. Such an adventure. Though all of those are correct, Marleybone is set in England.

Elizabeth Mistleaf
Ice Wizard (Thaumaturge)
Level 29

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
Dont forget look for a character named Jaques the Scratcher. Its a comical reference to the infamous killer, Jack the Ripper. I love marleybone for all of its puns.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
neopot39 wrote:
Thought of another one! I watched Sherlock Holmes last night and there's a guy named Roriarty! Like Meowiarty!

Sherlock Holmes sounds like Sherlock Bones!

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
scratch my last post, marylebone is an intercity area of London. marleybone is apparently an anagram of that. Not to mention the irony of abigail doolittle (as in dr doolittle, the guy who talked to animals). Ok, now that i cleared that up, good luck with frustrating kensington park, you grandmasters.