Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does stormlord really need the stun?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
xlordt wrote:
Newjoker12 wrote:
. O whats that? It has a 70% accuarcy compaired to ice's 80% . pfft like that matters. Its a level 48 spell so most people who use it are grands, and ice in full grand gear only has a 5% accuracy bonus compaired to storms 15%. Also on top of that storm has a +10% accuray spell. So in the end storm lord has better accuarcy and power then frost giant, so wheres the just in that?

nuff said

You know, I tried this yesterday with one of my ice grands. Guess what
I tried it 10 times

my storm fizzled 4 times
my ice none

then I used the +10 accuracy waisting a turn, I got it in and made the hit
now the second time around (my ice has not fizzled yet) with +10 accuracy
I fizzled! like what in he world!!!!!!!!!!! hm still!! I fizzled!! will try again
today and will use my handy dandy desktop recorder to post on youtube.

wow Ice never fizzled!! that is hot maybe I should use ice instead.
(after 3 hours I finally got it to fizzle twice)

Well thats from your personal experence only. My ice grand fizzles 3 times more then my storm friends. When were spending hours on end farming boss's my spells always fizzles which result in the storm getting the hit and killing the boss.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Newjoker12 wrote:
Well thats from your personal experence only. My ice grand fizzles 3 times more then my storm friends. When were spending hours on end farming boss's my spells always fizzles which result in the storm getting the hit and killing the boss.
Here is what I think we should do, We should record a few videos using different spells and or other schools. I promise my self to do this for this weekend I will use different users on different battle. Honestly I have never seen Ice fizzle 3 times in a row, or even 3 times in a battle unless its a long one. Just to show how everything is balance I will dedicate my time to this. Hope no one disputes after that, else post your own vid. This should be good to :-), and interesting to see.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
Think of it this way, if they got rid of the stun it would be unbalanced, to balance it thye would add about 200 extra damage on the attack of storm lord making it do 900 to all enemies. Are you sure you want that instead?
sure why not

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
DarthNexus wrote:
Who cares if they have low health, ONE storm lord will usaully kill all enemies so why even have a stun? Where's the individuality that the five other schools rank 7 spells have? But no what do we have, 2 rank 7 spells. Exactly the same except for the 300 damage differance. O whats that? It has a 70% accuarcy compaired to ice's 80% . pfft like that matters. Its a level 48 spell so most people who use it are grands, and ice in full grand gear only has a 5% accuracy bonus compaired to storms 15%. Also on top of that storm has a +10% accuray spell. So in the end storm lord has better accuarcy and power then frost giant, so wheres the just in that?

I don't know what you're talking about with killing everyone in one turn, so let me do the math. It takes at least 3 turns to get storm lord. So even with that a smart person would of shielded storm by then, and most ppl have more that 2000 health which means you would need at least maybe 4 or 5 buffs which at the least on a pvp 4v4 match would take at least 2 more turns maybe 3. Plus the fact that you sometimes don't get any buffs in your hand maybe 1 or 2 more turns adding up at the least amount of pips you would have to take 6 turns and only a crazy person would not shield storm by then, oh and I forgot some buffs take pips to do so 7 turns at the least at the most 11 turns.

So your version of killing in one hit doesn't match up.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
DarthNexus wrote:
garyboy11 wrote:
hebs470 wrote:
true true
huh storm lord cant have a stun please change this with all that damage?????? i would say it has its own stormlord shield!! i mean protect 90% of he damage is not a treasure 1 training point geese too much damage :? :? :?

Ok, think this way. Don't look at the individual spells, look at the schools.

Storm: Focused on ULTIMATE POWER, no health, no accuracy.

Ice: Focused on extremely high health, NO DAMAGE, good accuracy.

Storm is supposed to be way stronger than every other school. Ice isn't focused on power. Plus, Storm Lord, 70% accuracy. Ice Giant, what is it 85, 90% accuracy?

Now look at it logically (Yay! Logic!)

Both a major shock and an extremely cold blast would stun you in some way.

The shock would paralyze you, the frost would freeze you. Simple enough?

Dylan ShadowTalon Lvl 46 Diviner

no logic in what you say, considering you only read the first post.

dude actually that wasn't the first post. dont pick on ppl who dont have the same views as you

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Really, storm lord does a base of 750, ice giant 450, that is 300 points difference. i see why ice should get the stun, but not storm. Storm is the strongest base line school, while ice is weakest, even life beats ices rank 6 card.

I think your just whineing because you got chained in the arena. Just play the game.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
xlordt wrote:
Sidynho wrote:
Saying StormLord NEED Stun because Storm have low Health
is the same that Frost Giant NEED to be stronger because Ice have low damage.

It does not have sense.
I guess you have forgotten about the accuracy right? Storm fizzles 6 times out of 10, ice blah if your unlucky you fizzle once in that. Please review your stats and re compare. All is balanced well enough.

Honestly, dont tell people to review there stats and re-compare if you think that storm has 40% accuracy. That is one of the most hypocritical things you can say.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
xlordt wrote:
Newjoker12 wrote:
Here is what I think we should do, We should record a few videos using different spells and or other schools. I promise my self to do this for this weekend I will use different users on different battle. Honestly I have never seen Ice fizzle 3 times in a row, or even 3 times in a battle unless its a long one. Just to show how everything is balance I will dedicate my time to this. Hope no one disputes after that, else post your own vid. This should be good to :-), and interesting to see.

Well to back it up your storm HAS to have full grand gear.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
dcredindy wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
Who cares if they have low health, ONE storm lord will usaully kill all enemies so why even have a stun? Where's the individuality that the five other schools rank 7 spells have? But no what do we have, 2 rank 7 spells. Exactly the same except for the 300 damage differance. O whats that? It has a 70% accuarcy compaired to ice's 80% . pfft like that matters. Its a level 48 spell so most people who use it are grands, and ice in full grand gear only has a 5% accuracy bonus compaired to storms 15%. Also on top of that storm has a +10% accuray spell. So in the end storm lord has better accuarcy and power then frost giant, so wheres the just in that?

I don't know what you're talking about with killing everyone in one turn, so let me do the math. It takes at least 3 turns to get storm lord. So even with that a smart person would of shielded storm by then, and most ppl have more that 2000 health which means you would need at least maybe 4 or 5 buffs which at the least on a pvp 4v4 match would take at least 2 more turns maybe 3. Plus the fact that you sometimes don't get any buffs in your hand maybe 1 or 2 more turns adding up at the least amount of pips you would have to take 6 turns and only a crazy person would not shield storm by then, oh and I forgot some buffs take pips to do so 7 turns at the least at the most 11 turns.

So your version of killing in one hit doesn't match up.

No where in his post does it ever mention 'killing in one turn." It says ONE STORM LORD, one storm lord with traps and blades WILL kill most enemies.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
garyboy11 wrote:
seekanddestroy wrote:
i dunno. i mean, i dont think storm lord really needs the stun, cause even if you have a storm shield on you, they are gonna use lord anyway, you ARE gonna lose at least 1000 life. and you will be stunned, then they can use triton, and you will either die or be really close to it. However, ice also has the luxury of using this combo, probably even more efficiently than storm, cause they can shield lots! so a frost giant colossus combo would be a nice damage for any ice wizard in PvP. So i kinda agree and disagree. The stun makes them SUPER powerful but ice can do it too. The best thing to do is to put a storm wizard on the defensive at the start.

Storm Lord does a base of 690 damage. If you use a storm shield, the damage doesn't go up, it goes DOWN! You wouldn't take 1000 damage from Storm Lord if you had a Storm Shield. Unless the attacker had like, a bunch of buffs and traps. Storm Shield is like -80% damage.

I think he is talking with blades and traps

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
garyboy11 wrote:
Zorback18 wrote:
Ice us not the weakest school death is. Our strongest attack right now is skeletal pirate (430-515). And A stun is really useful for them. They have the lowest hp in the game (ice surprisingly the highest even beats life), and they can't resist no where near ice, so why shouldn't storm lord stun. With the stun a storm wizard can heal the next turn, shield, or even finish the battle.

Ever seen someone use Scarecrow? What does it do, 600 drain to all, convert half to health for yourself? Skeletal Pirate is not death's best spell. Not by a long shot.

It does 400 to each. Wriath does 575 to one enemy.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Every lvl 48 school has a unique addition to its spell.

Fire Dragon does damage then it does that linger thing that stays for 3 rounds.

Stormlord does damage then stuns for 1 round.

Frost Giant does damage then stuns for 1 round.

Scarecrow does damage then heals.

Rebirth heals then adds a -400 shield.

Power Nova does damage then weakness.

Othorus does damage then does damage AGAIN.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:

You say every school has a "UNIQUE" spell. So then whats the differnce between frost giant and storm lord?

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

You say every school has a "UNIQUE" spell. So then whats the differnce between frost giant and storm lord?

Well at least it has one.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

1.One is storm,and one is ice.
2.Storm Lord does more damage.
3. They have different names.
4.The Storm Lord appears from a storm cloud/the sea. The Frost Giant appears out of the mountains.
5.The Storm Lord blasts you, and the Frost Giant hits you with his hammer.
6.Their appearance is different.

Must I go on?

Hero
May 19, 2009
Dorano208 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

4.The Storm Lord appears from a storm cloud/the sea. The Frost Giant appears out of the mountains.

Must I go on?

You completly missed the whole point of this discussion. Nobody cares if there apperances are different. Every rank 7 spell has ther own extra something.

death converts half
life adds an absrob
myth hits twice
balance adds weakness
fire has dot
ice has stun
storm has stun.... but its twice as strong

the whole point of this thread is why both of these 2 rank 7 seven spells are exactly the same save for apperances execpt for one being twice as strong.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
Well what else are they going to do? Try sending in idea in for KingsIsle to consider or something.

Anyway, I'd just like to point out the Myth also takes away traps and blades. The hitting twice doesn't really matter because the first hit is weak, but the second hit does basically all the damage.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:
Dorano208 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Must I go on?

You completly missed the whole point of this discussion. Nobody cares if there apperances are different. Every rank 7 spell has ther own extra something.

death converts half
life adds an absrob
myth hits twice
balance adds weakness
fire has dot
ice has stun
storm has stun.... but its twice as strong

the whole point of this thread is why both of these 2 rank 7 seven spells are exactly the same save for apperances execpt for one being twice as strong.

You have a point. Yet the question I was answering was-"What's the difference between Frost Giant and Storm Lord?" Perhaps they didn't mean "How are they not alike?" but this was never specified. Therefore, I listed ALL the ways they are different. Not just the ways in which the attacks are different, in ALL the ways it is different. I wish you luck arguing with that.