Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
I think that with each badge you get, you should also get a badge bonus. For instance, if you get the undead badges, the lower end undead killer badge you should get a 5% bonus on undead enemies, the next one up a 10% bonus and the final one a 15% bonus. Other bonuses could be, when you get a red orb it fills a small amount of mana, and vice versa. Or improved accuracy, ect. I think badges should give you more than just something under your name.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
good idea, but dont you think that things like the arena would get even harder, and maybe even nastier?

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
this is a wonderful idea! it would add a whole new element to the game and make badge collecting more worth while. u have a great start , do u mind if i add to it?

first off, there is monster deafeting badges(like u have already come up with)

the 1st rank 5% def boost monster that corresponds with badge
2nd-10%
3rd-15%
(undead covers a LOT of monsters so that, and the draconian one in ds,and the krok one, will be exceptions)( if any body thinks of other exceptions, do tell)
exceptions 1st rank- 3% def
2nd-6%
3rd-10%

next there is area badges. these are gotten by completing whole areas.
once again they are ranked by how far through the game u get them, and how big of an area they cover.

badges that cover one street 15% def to all monster on street
cover multiple streets 10% to all on those streets
cover whole world 6% def to all monsters in that world.

and then there is a whole bunch of badges left now(though the ones i mentioned cover quite a bit) so i wil go over them individually.

no title- depending on rank and type, these will give u an att boost.
if u r,4 examle, a pyromancer, u would get these advantages:
novice-1% fire att
apprentice2%fire att
initiate3%att
journeyman5%
adept7%
magus9%
master12%
grandmaster15%
u see? u get attack that grows along with ur rank and corresponds with ur type.

4 badges like krok delver, crusher crusher,sword saint etc., u will get 50% def against that monster that coresponds with the badge.

4 secret shopper, u will get 10% discounts at stores(not including marketplace.)

explorer badges- 5% increased accuracy for any battle thats in the world u got the badge from.

master badges-(master of storm, master of ice etc.) 8% att boost and 12% def boost for ur type.

crafter badges-
novice crafter- 1% increased acuracy for your type
apprentice crafter- 2% increased accuracy for your type
initiate crafter 3%
adept crafter 4%
master artisan 6%

i think that covers all of them...
for those of u concerned about pvp, these are only usable in pve.
i think this would add a whole extra part to the game with ppl deciding "which badge would really help me here?" plus, everybody will find much more reason to collect badges. i see this sort of thing in other games all the time, and its really fun.

Defender
May 24, 2009
Well this is a great idea but i don't think this can be possible. :( We already have those elixirs that boots your bonus after a battle so i don't KI would want that, just a guess though.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Yeah but the elixiers are crown shop only, no? With the badge bonuses, it would advantage people who can't spend crowns to get advantage elixers.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
joshproo wrote:
Yeah but the elixiers are crown shop only, no? With the badge bonuses, it would advantage people who can't spend crowns to get advantage elixers.

badges are earned.badges arent any were near as efective as elixers. elixers are easily obtained. besides, i have personally had detestment towards the crown shop. ever since it came out. i mean i see in other games u clear areas and objectives and stuff and u get a permanent reward that gives u sum cool advantage. just think of elixers as a sort of extra kick. like the name implies,its only a potion.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Popman98 wrote:
joshproo wrote:

badges are earned.badges arent any were near as efective as elixers. elixers are easily obtained. besides, i have personally had detestment towards the crown shop. ever since it came out. i mean i see in other games u clear areas and objectives and stuff and u get a permanent reward that gives u sum cool advantage. just think of elixers as a sort of extra kick. like the name implies,its only a potion.

Right, I know what elixiers do, but the person before me said that we have elixers and don't need badge bonuses and it would be an unfair advantage because people could get badge bonuses and elixiers, but not everyone can get elixers, which is why badge bonuses would be good for everyone.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Popman98 wrote:
o,lol.

i thought u were disagreeing with the idea. :P
sorry

LOL I'm the one who came up with the idea in the first place.