Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Combo for Ice wizards

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
So far i have heard death and storm
I was thinking of going with death up to feint, and life up to satyr, but i am not completly sure
Which combo is best with ice

Delver
May 31, 2009
It really depends on how you fight. I have and ice guy that has the first two creatures and the shields from fire and storm since the bats and elves are great attacks and I had soo many transmute spells. I also have death up to feint and use it with my colosus often, the rest I have used on personal preferences. However this is me, with the defences of an ice character useing low level fire and strom in combination with my own attacks and adding a fient I do really well in groups or on my own. My daughter always choses life for her second school because of the way she fights.

So how do you fight, do you get caught easily, do you constantly need others to help? If the last two are yes then chose life, if not then get aggressive and lay into the monsters and make them sorry they were ever born.
Good luck

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
thanks hehe. I tend to shield and blade like crazy and then use 2/+ attacks in a row if i can

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
It all just depends on your tactics and choices. If you prefer to use boosts then choose fire because ice will be resisted by ice bosses. If you like high hits choose storm. And my reaso ning is as follows.

Ice=Death
Ice is high health but low attack so maintain the health and attack with steals from death

Fire=Myth
well no idea why about this but the other two made sense so i guess this works

Storm=Life
Storm has low health and life has low attack so you can see why they need each other

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:

So how do you fight, do you get caught easily, do you constantly need others to help? If the last two are yes then chose life, if not then get aggressive and lay into the monsters and make them sorry they were ever born.
Good luck

Wow, that sounds almost like an insult to people that choose Life as a secondary!
Ever thought maybe it's the smart thing to do? Think about it. Unless you have junk gear, as an Ice wizard you will have well over 3k health when you are a Grand. A little Pixie is hardly going to make up for any loss of health due to damage in battle. And since Ice is a slow build-up you will suffer some damage.

By the way, I solo a LOT and I sure don't need anyone's help. Others are usually asking me for my help. And I sure don't get caught a lot either.

I prefer not to bat at my enemy with tiny spells that they could actually heal themselves from, thus canceling my work. I would rather make one hit and kill them. This also makes them not want to hit you as much, and if you do happen to be in a group you will also be less of a threat to the enemy than the guy who keeps using bats and elves and is probably getting hit a lot more because of his aggressiveness.

So, yes, take Death up to Feint, this is really going to help you at later levels, and take Life to Satyr so you can heal that massive health of yours when you need to. I don't even keep a lot of Satyrs in my deck, just one or two, but often don't use more than one when I solo. But it's better than having to cast two+ consecutive pixies, thus wasting a round where you could be doing set-up or something. And if you have that spell as a learned spell you can also, always, make more Satyrs for your sideboard, in case of emergencies. Think of Life as your insurance policy ;)

I've run quite a few Ice wizards and I have even tried having Ice with Storm, but it's a weak combo in comparison to the one mentioned above, especially at higher levels. You should always focus on what makes your main school strong, not what schools have strong spells individually.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Here is my strategy - try to get one hit K.O.
so blade up as much as i can, shield, heal now and then, including others (that's why i pick ice)