Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions in PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
I think minions should not be allowed in pvp at all, PVP is player vs player, not player vs player and minions

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
TAlpha wrote:
I think minions should not be allowed in pvp at all, PVP is player vs player, not player vs player and minions
Minions are gonna be allowed because MYTHS SPECAILTY IS MINIONS

Defender
May 31, 2009
This post has come up a few times, so you're not alone.

You're also not right, but you're not alone :D

Seriously, minions aren't real PLAYERS, they are simply a spell. Sure, they can last longer than most, but they are a spell, nonetheless. They don't think, they don't strategize, they just do.

Aside from the fact that getting rid of Minions in pvp would mean eliminating a huge strength for Myth (and Fire wizards, to a lesser extent), I don't see how you can be upset about it since it's something EVERYONE has. Some school minions are better than others, sure, but methinks you should focus a bit more energy on developing a strategy to beat them than worrying about how "unfair" they are.

mlb

HINT: If you want to do well in 1v1, learn to use them. They can be very powerful and rarely do I lose a match to anyone who does NOT use one.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
Nope the main reasons why minions should be allowed are:
1.its myths main strength
2.fire needs it because the fire minions uses fire elf
3.My mander and 3 elemental minions are my best helpers.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Getting rid of minions is would be like this;

Dear KingsIsle,
Please rid Rock of it's advantages, Paper is fine as it is, however.

Sincerely signed,
Scissors

Defender
May 31, 2009
Angelocean,

Dear KingsIsle,

Best quote ever.

You are a genius.

mlb

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
I agree! I was playing a 3v3. My team was losing hope but then one of my friends whipped out a unicorn (Hooray! Or is it?) We started to win but then a grandmaster casted a cyclops! (Not the orgininal cyclops it was with armor but I could not remember the name) The cyclops was focusing on me when I have 1,500 health. In 2 rounds I was down to 200 health! The next round...KO! One wizard fell after the other by the one cyclops and his master. But the other 2 wizards are just sitting there doing useless attacks like Minor Ice shards. I believe it should be a rule. If a person(s) breaks the rule he or she will be immediately be dropped out of the battle with the minion. And he or she will be banned from the matches for 1 hour!
Who's with me?
Lucas Drakebloom ice wizard level 27
Hero of Krokotopia

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Captainrex828 wrote:
I agree! I was playing a 3v3. My team was losing hope but then one of my friends whipped out a unicorn (Hooray! Or is it?) We started to win but then a grandmaster casted a cyclops! (Not the orgininal cyclops it was with armor but I could not remember the name) The cyclops was focusing on me when I have 1,500 health. In 2 rounds I was down to 200 health! The next round...KO! One wizard fell after the other by the one cyclops and his master. But the other 2 wizards are just sitting there doing useless attacks like Minor Ice shards. I believe it should be a rule. If a person(s) breaks the rule he or she will be immediately be dropped out of the battle with the minion. And he or she will be banned from the matches for 1 hour!
Who's with me?
Hero of Krokotopia
wow you really should read that over.

1. like i said before, minions are myths specialty

2. You dont have a real reason why to get rid of minions

3. An hour? really, some people get annoyed by wait for one minuite let alone a hour

4. The "orgininal cyclops with armor" is called a minotaur

5. It sound more like your complaing about you losing

Andrew lvl 50 myth
isiah spirtthorn lvl 12 balance

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
Angelocean wrote:

Dear KingsIsle,

Sincerely signed,
Scissors

Dear Angelocean,

Regarding your brilliant analogy, I must agree with Capseen: you are a genius!
And although miserably overused, I did indeed LOL! Thanks for the chuckle. I bow to you!

Defender
May 09, 2009
Angelocean wrote:

Dear KingsIsle,

Sincerely signed,
Scissors

HAHAHAHA : wow i couldnt have put it better myself! and you are absolutly right

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Captainrex828 wrote:
Who's with me?
Hero of Krokotopia

3. An hour? really, some people get annoyed by wait for one minuite let alone a hour

Andrew lvl 50 myth

Not minotaur he is talking about the 1-4 Cyclops minion spell. and yes just because you lose doesnt give you the right to complain

Delver
May 31, 2009
minions,treasure cards, judgement,wildbolts, stunning,.. what else do we have to remove to make it easy for you to win? please if you are going to step into the areana it is a "free for all" and you need to play to your strengths. you are not fighting computer run monsters you are fighting other people who want to win too. step up be sneaky, clever, and aggressive

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
[size=7]It can be a little unfair, but using metoeor, sandstorm, blizzard, etc can usually kill them or leave them with half there health. Plus, the best minions i've seen are minotaur and scarecrow both with 700 health. I have the scarecrow minion and its best move are vampire.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:
minions,treasure cards, judgement,wildbolts, stunning,.. what else do we have to remove to make it easy for you to win? please if you are going to step into the areana it is a "free for all" and you need to play to your strengths. you are not fighting computer run monsters you are fighting other people who want to win too. step up be sneaky, clever, and aggressive

true dat, people have minds some minds are creative think of ways to take down your enemys from the inside. myths advantages are to stay inside their immaginary box but to completely overwhelm their opponents with more players (minions) and to deliver the final blow.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Captainrex828 wrote:
Who's with me?
Hero of Krokotopia
i cant believe people even think this will happen. Myth's specialty is actually minions so its no surprise that this happend. Anyway i think minions are helpful and even when others cast them its completley fair. Minions are a spell after all and each school gets one so if you dont like it then you'll just have to cast your own and see how that works out. Also if your low on life a bit of life magic would help and maybe if possible, better gear. Even if other players arent doing anything then maybe thats a great dvantage to you! I'm just saying minions are a helpful part of the game and should be used to EVERY players advantage.

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Shesh not this again. Complaints from low ranked players...Please don't ask for KI or other to change just because you can't develop a strategy.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Captainrex828 wrote:
Who's with me?
Hero of Krokotopia

Andrew lvl 50 myth

Andrew, approved!
I have something else.
6. Thats one battle. We cant decide the fate of the world on one thing!
B.W. lvl57 Fire
F.S. lvl11 Death

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
ha make a myth wizzard and start using minions on other people, still want them removed? quit complaining about other people doing wht they do best. pwning people like you who's only form of strategy is request that rules be changed to your advantage instead of being totaly fair. it's rare for me to even contemplate using the following insult, but your being just plane n00bish.

irritably
gillroy titancrafter lv8 myth
morgrim shadowslinger lv11 death

p.s. i pwned a level 20 myth so don't complain about the fairness of minions