Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Misunderstanding

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I just purchased a $10 gift card for my account and distinctly remember choosing crowns, yet i got a subscription instead. How do i get the crowns i requested?

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
rhatphorne wrote:
I just purchased a $10 gift card for my account and distinctly remember choosing crowns, yet i got a subscription instead. How do i get the crowns i requested?

Hua? Gift Card is different from Crowns is different from a Subscription.

Make some sense and maybe someone could help you better.

Defender
May 30, 2009
syphan, the original poster made perfect sense. When you put in a gift card you have the option to either use it for crowns or for a subscription.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
SyphaN wrote:

Makes perfect sense to me, when you redeem a gift card there is a choice between crowns or subscription... rhatphorne recalled choosing crowns but instead getting a subscription. Lighten up and your inability to comprehend the problem wont be embarrassing?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
SyphaN wrote:

Gift cards come with an amount on them ($10 or $20) and a scratch off code on the back. When you log into the website under your account name, you can redeem the gift card (the value of the card) for either Crowns or a Subscription (but not both). This is in addition to the pet you receive when you redeem the card.

So, rhatphorne did make sense. You're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009

rhatphorne wrote:

Try contacting support. They may be able to credit your account

SyphaN wrote:

When redeeming a gift card you get the choice of 5,000 crowns or a month subscription for a $10 card. When redeeming a $20 card you get the choice of 10,000 crowns or two month subscription.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Delver
May 29, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
rhatphorne wrote:

What the original poster is saying, is that when they redeemed their gift card they get to choose if they want to apply it toward crowns or a subscription. They chose the crowns, but got a subscription instead and want their crowns.

It's very clear what the poster had to say. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about your post.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Delver
May 04, 2009
rhatphorne wrote:

Rhatphorne: that DOES make sense. When you redeem a gift card you can choose either Crowns or a Subscription. You should send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com to see if they can help you fix this.

I apologize for the other guy being so nasty to you. Everybody isn't like that.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Hey I never have gotten or bought a gift card before.
and TY for the more detailed explaination of What and how a Gift card
works.