Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chatting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2009
i deleted a toon from my list a couple weeks ago. Yet when i logged on today they were chatting at me. Can anyone tell me how that is possible and what i can do to stop it. Thanks

Delver
May 04, 2009
You have to make sure that your friend is "online" when you delete them. If not, you deleted them from your list, but you still show on their list.

It eventually drops off of their list in time...

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
When you Remove someone from your Friends List when they are not online, it does not remove your name from their Friends List.

The workaround for this is add them back and Remove them again while they are online.

If you really, really don't want to be bothered again by someone on your Friends List, instead of using the Remove button choose the Ignore instead.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
first off there wizards, not toons, want toons then play toontown.
Second they can talk to you if you are still on there list, or they see your name in the chat box, they somply right click on your name in the chat box and it does whisper. If you want to ignore them, click on their character then select the ignore option

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
I know this is late coming, but I stumbled on it. "Toon" is the generic name MMORPG players use for their characters. So your level-80 undead warlock in World of Warcraft is still your "toon." Not an insult, just shorthand.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
Akylax wrote:
I know this is late coming, but I stumbled on it. "Toon" is the generic name MMORPG players use for their characters. So your level-80 undead warlock in World of Warcraft is still your "toon." Not an insult, just shorthand.

I personally appreciate this clarification. I have heard this word used and really did not know what to think! Ty Akylax :)