Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 50???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
When you become a level 50 do you stop gaining experience or is there only enough quests for you to be a level 50, because i am a 44 in dragonspyre and i still didnt do grizzlehiem so wouldnt that be a lot of experience to pass a level 50???

Administrator
After level 50, no new experience is rewarded. Experience you would have received from quests or duels that you complete after you reach level 50 is lost, I'm afraid.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
Hi everyone!

Of course, at one time or another we become a grandmaster and being lvl 50. But once you gain all experience, do you start all over? Just curious cause my first wizard is lvl 40 and I just want to know. And do you have to make another account? I don't know so plz tell if you know anything.

Thanks!!

Scarlet Silverspear lvl 40 Myth Suri lvl 5 ice

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Hi MadiJoL

Once a character becomes level 50 they will stop gaining experience for battles, but they still gain Gold, and find items. This is about the only thing that changes though.

You can continue to play your level 50 Wizard as much as you want, for example, you can help friends, and do other things. You simply wont get any more experience for Quests.

You can always create another Wizard on the same account as your level 50 character and play the new one, but you don't have to.

My Grandmaster Storm Wizard simply enjoys helping folks with their quests, and you can always try to get better gear for yourself, either by buying it, or by getting some of the more rare and powerful stuff from hard Bosses.

The game does not have to end for level 50 characters, Plus some day the level limit might be increased when new content comes out.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
After level 50, no new experience is rewarded. Experience you would have received from quests or duels that you complete after you reach level 50 is lost, I'm afraid.

Maybe there could be a new addition to the game......A new villian perhaps?
I would test that idea!

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl20
life&fire

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
What about, say, you have the max number of wizards and their all grands. What then? Idk but this confuses me cause of what was previously stated. KI please fix this. It will make this game boring if they can't do anything and they can oonly make so mant wizards. And they sometimes dont want delete their wizs either. I hope this comes to notice. Thanks!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
MadiJoL wrote:
What about, say, you have the max number of wizards and their all grands. What then? Idk but this confuses me cause of what was previously stated. KI please fix this. It will make this game boring if they can't do anything and they can oonly make so mant wizards. And they sometimes dont want delete their wizs either. I hope this comes to notice. Thanks!

Well, first of all, it isnt the quickest thing to have 6 Grands, so it would take some time getting there. And by the time you would have 6 Grands, KI would probably have something new out for you to do.

Plus, there are many other things to do. You could get to extreme pvping and get commander gear. Trust me, that can take some time. But you can also help people, get new gear, or try to collect stuff, like rare pets. There is plenty of stuff to do in spare time. Once you ARE 50, you start to realize the other stuff you can do. And dont forget the briskbreeze tower. Its a dungeon made for 50's and once you are 50, there is already something new for you!

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
IamLezul wrote:
MadiJoL wrote:

Well, first of all, it isnt the quickest thing to have 6 Grands, so it would take some time getting there. And by the time you would have 6 Grands, KI would probably have something new out for you to do.

Plus, there are many other things to do. You could get to extreme pvping and get commander gear. Trust me, that can take some time. But you can also help people, get new gear, or try to collect stuff, like rare pets. There is plenty of stuff to do in spare time. Once you ARE 50, you start to realize the other stuff you can do. And dont forget the briskbreeze tower. Its a dungeon made for 50's and once you are 50, there is already something new for you!

You're very much right IamLezul.

Don't you remember when you were level 1 and saw all of those other people with cool clothes and you thought of all the things you could do if you were as strong as them? Well, now you are lol.

One of the first things that anyone does when they hit Grandmaster is obtain their Grandmaster Gear. This takes a while, sometimes weeks to get it all, especially the Gurtok rings and athames as well as Malistaire's Robes. After that, you can start PvPing to get yourself a set of those awesome looking Commander Clothes.

Now you can start saving up coins to get yourself that big house that you've always wanted. Getting 100,000 coins is no simple task though, it requires time, patience, and persistence.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is Crafting. It takes a while, but getting to Master Artisan is well worth the effort, and wearing the badge feels good too. It's also fun to invite your friends to your house to show them all of the cool stuff that you made.

Lastly, you might want to do Grizzleheim. It's pretty easy at first, but as you get further into it, it does get a bit challenging, and pretty fun too. Especially at the end of Ravenscar when you have to fight the Cov..... well you'll see when you get there :P

Getting yourself to Grandmaster is definitely not the end. It's just the beginning of more fun. Also, many people think that going through the game again with a different school is just going to be boring because you did it already, but it's not. It's just as fun! A new school means new challenges and learning new techniques that may even help you in the Arena, especially if you're fighting a school that you've already mastered.
Get 3 of your Grandmaster's friends to make a new wizard and all 4 of you can go through the game together. That's what a few of my friends are doing, we call it NoobNight, every Saturday night we get together and play.

Well, I've gone on rambling lol, have fun!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
I am sure KI is already starting on new worlds and villians for 50 people due to the other complaints on the Message Boards.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Maybe it's time for a level cap increase. The game has really taken off and enough time has past that many players are level 50 and/or have several characters that are level 50. This game is an obvious success... but if there isn't a level cap increase I'm not sure how long it will stay that way. I am finding myself at this crossroad right now.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
sarrablu wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Maybe it's time for a level cap increase. The game has really taken off and enough time has past that many players are level 50 and/or have several characters that are level 50. This game is an obvious success... but if there isn't a level cap increase I'm not sure how long it will stay that way. I am finding myself at this crossroad right now.

I now have 6 grandmasters .............I am not sure how much longer I will be hanging around waiting ......................

Survivor
May 15, 2009
I was wondering, though, what if wizards are Grandmaster you say all experience will be lost. If KI raises the level cap, will this set you behind?
Or would KI make it so all lost xp will be gained again?

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Read the news!! :D

They are making a new world Celestia, finally!! Also the level cap is increased to 60. Pet stuff and I'm so excited that it will be released in June. New schools of magic as well!!

I hope that means we can make all seven schools on one account. That way we can try all of them anyway. Then the second account I can make the new schools or I can get balance to be secondary moon, star or sun :P Not sure what the new schools are called yet.

Regards,

Mary Windstrider Level 50 Pyromancer
Mary Deathdreamer Level 50 Necromancer
Who can now continue adventures!!

P.S. Only Life, Storm and Balance are good at pvp. The key is defence and healing. Plus strong attacks!! Storm shields and tower shields people!! My fire and death sometimes win, but only if I shield a lot. Actually they are lower than 400. My life in Mooshu which I'm now waiting until I get Stormzilla as secondary I'm not pvp anymore. It is level 40!!

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
MadiJoL wrote:
:? I find myself at that point now I have six wizards only one has yet to make grandmaster, the rest are lvl 50 yes loading is so painfully SLOW now :( It dirves me crazy at times frinds have to wait for me and so on UGH! Well my point is this my computer is NOT slow its the game and I have sunk so much money into this account and still paying for my sub. I opened a new account and paying for that now to it is lightning fast so thats how I know its NOT me but the game we all pay for so why not tell us right up front .like a warning or something saying beware making a full account will SLOW down your gaming?

Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
h3art0nmee wrote:
When you become a level 50 do you stop gaining experience or is there only enough quests for you to be a level 50, because i am a 44 in dragonspyre and i still didnt do grizzlehiem so wouldnt that be a lot of experience to pass a level 50???

well now kingsisle has come up with with level 60,3 new school(all in which merle studies in),and a new world named celestia
(and they are the astro schools by the way moon,sun,and stars)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
faxbot882 wrote:
MadiJoL wrote:
:? I find myself at that point now I have six wizards only one has yet to make grandmaster, the rest are lvl 50 yes loading is so painfully SLOW now :( It dirves me crazy at times frinds have to wait for me and so on UGH! Well my point is this my computer is NOT slow its the game and I have sunk so much money into this account and still paying for my sub. I opened a new account and paying for that now to it is lightning fast so thats how I know its NOT me but the game we all pay for so why not tell us right up front .like a warning or something saying beware making a full account will SLOW down your gaming?

Do you mean loading all the worlds or loading w101 on a different computer? Then it takes slow in general. But if ur talking about regular playing the game without what i said above going on at the same time, then it IS your computer.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
MadiJoL wrote:

Sorry if I don't know, but what is the briskbreeze tower? Is it like really hard or something I bet me and my bff would do it together. what world is it in? ds? ms? thnx if you know anything.

Hero
May 02, 2009
MadiJoL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
MadiJoL wrote:

Sorry if I don't know, but what is the briskbreeze tower? Is it like really hard or something I bet me and my bff would do it together. what world is it in? ds? ms? thnx if you know anything.

Briskbreeze tower (aka the gauntlet of woe), is a multi level tower on Collosus blvd. in WC. When you first enter you will see a wizard named daren whisperwind, who will tell you that the bosses in there will cheat. They can do things wizards can't, for they are far more powerful.

There are only 2 bosses in the tower, but they can be a pain. The bosses are fire and death, in that order. a Lite wizard would be helpful, as well as some quenches for the fire boss and his exploding ember minions.

I won't say all the details, but I will say be prepared for a long journey, as well as a long fight against the bosses intterupts.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
flash33 wrote:
MadiJoL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
MadiJoL wrote:

Briskbreeze tower (aka the gauntlet of woe), is a multi level tower on Collosus blvd. in WC. When you first enter you will see a wizard named daren whisperwind, who will tell you that the bosses in there will cheat. They can do things wizards can't, for they are far more powerful.

There are only 2 bosses in the tower, but they can be a pain. The bosses are fire and death, in that order. a Lite wizard would be helpful, as well as some quenches for the fire boss and his exploding ember minions.

I won't say all the details, but I will say be prepared for a long journey, as well as a long fight against the bosses intterupts.

Yepp.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I'm a level 43 necromancer and leveling fast. I've heard about the Gauntlet of Woe and I was wondering, how many floors are in the gauntlet?

Hero
May 02, 2009
IceCat1 wrote:
I'm a level 43 necromancer and leveling fast. I've heard about the Gauntlet of Woe and I was wondering, how many floors are in the gauntlet?

There are about 8-9 floors in the tower, so come prepared.

Hope I helped some.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
casey1111 wrote:
I was wondering, though, what if wizards are Grandmaster you say all experience will be lost. If KI raises the level cap, will this set you behind?
Or would KI make it so all lost xp will be gained again?

I sure hope they do this, because I'd hate for all the XP I earned from Side-Quests to go to waste.

cruzdude wrote:
I sure hope they do this, because I'd hate for all the XP I earned from Side-Quests to go to waste.

We have repeatedly answered this question:

After level 50, no new experience is rewarded.
Experience you would have received from quests or duels that you completed after you reach level 50 is lost.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.