Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You've got to be kidding me!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Why is it that every time I go near a foe ( Even 15 steps away...) it makes me battle them?!?!
Why don't they let you choose If you want to fight them or not?
Before a battle it should ask you "Do you want to fight this foe?"

This is a big problem for me because I end up dieing from it or I have to flee! :x They should let you choose if you want to fight someone or not!

Post your comment plz.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
It's quite simple ... if you don't want to fight them, don't go near them. That's what sidewalks are for.

You can get quite close to them from behind without getting nabbed (I've gotten close enough to almost poke them with my broom without being nabbed), so if you need to cross the street, or get something on the street (i.e., reagant, health or mana wisps, etc) wait until the coast is clear or until you can do so when their backs are turned away from you.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I know that but I'm in Marlybone, and you have to walk down the middle of the rooftop! Then I get killed because I don't have much health.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
saphire62 wrote:
I know that but I'm in Marlybone, and you have to walk down the middle of the rooftop! Then I get killed because I don't have much health.

Where have you been the last few months? The same patch that brought us the mounts moved the monsters on the Marleybone rooftops inward so that it is no longer safe to walk the center. You now have to run the sides of the rooftops (and personally, made everything worse because of poorly designed edges of the planks across the rooftops).

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
But I STILL get caught up into a battle no matter where I go :x And this is a BIG problem for me because I can never get to where I want to go.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Well you can get out of a battle by logging off then back on, it'll be like you never fought them, though you better hope you log on on top of an enemy.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I agree that they should have left the enemy paths on Marleybone alone. We've all had to relearn how to get across the rooftops now, especially on a mount. I wish I had a crown for every time I got hooked by a corner of a ramp, or stuck behind a crate as I'm trying to maneuver the turns. It was SO much easier once I learned to run down the middle. I hope those who complained about Marleybone mobs are enjoying themselves.

Now, to help the original poster -- the mobs all follow patterns. Take a few seconds to watch how they move, then you can gauge how best to cut across or follow along. With gearheads and living golems, your best bet is to get in behind the pack and run WITH them rather than opposite. Be especially careful at corners and you should pick up the trick of it.

Good luck!

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
Same problem with my life wizard who is in Marleybone. Yes, I know how to log off during a battle ( Esc or "M" and click log out ). But when I log back on 80% chance is that I get caught, And don't tell me to imagine how fast they would walk while i'm not on during the moment because I dont have a good imagination to do so. So there's gotta be an easier way to go through the streets of Marleybone.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Well my computer takes FOREVER to load so if I loged of in a battle I'd just get caught up in ANOTHER one! So I'm not really going to log off when I'm in a battle.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
What kind of connection do you have? Slow connections will cause
big time lag.
I'm NOT Dis'in you, But a old or out of date computer would for sure
cause lag!

IMO; make sure your computer meets the 'min. requirements';

Wizard101 is currently playable on any computer that can run Windows 98SE or newer.

What You'll Need to Play Wizard101 on a PC
Internet: Internet Connection Required
Operating System: Windows 98SE or later versions
Processor: 1GHz Intel Processor
RAM Space: 512 Megabytes
Video Card: Best results with GeForce 2 or equivalent
(standard in most PCs)
Disk Space: 5 Gigabytes

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
I can tell you that the reason you are getting caught in the battle is usually because the monster isn't actually where it seems to be. There is a little lag time between when the monster reaches a location and when your computer displays it. The monster will almost always be a few steps ahead of where they seem to be, so therefore for safer crossings and following, stay closer to one monster's back than the front of another. The only problem with this is when monsters turn in Marleybone, so it's hard to know exactly when to go ahead. However, stay far away from the front of a monster and you should be OK.
Good Luck Traversing the Streets!

Galen Swiftbreeze, Level 48 Theurgist

"Nothing is nothing. Don't pretend it's anything else."
Anonymous

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
What You'll Need to Play Wizard101 on a PC
Internet: Internet Connection Required
Operating System: Windows 98SE or later versions
Processor: 1GHz Intel Processor
RAM Space: 512 Megabytes
Video Card: Best results with GeForce 2 or equivalent
(standard in most PCs)
Disk Space: 5 Gigabytes

How do you know all that? :? :?

Administrator
System requirements, and a great deal more information can be found in our FAQ:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/faq

As well as in our Wizard101 Support section. (You must be logged into the website with your game username and password to access this page)
https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 18, 2009
saphire62 wrote:

Well, you should have quite a bit of health when you get to Marleybone. (You should be about level 25-30, maybe more.)

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
saphire, i have a solution to this problem.

if you get stuck in a battle press esc or i believe c or x, and it will take you to your spellbook, then hit exit after that log back in, you can still get caught in a battle, but it helps if you dont

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
it is cause of slow loading, no matter where you are in the world sense it is a multiplayer online game it will load slower then the program so you will have to think a few seconds ahead