Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beguile

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Heyas everyone,

A quick question regarding beguile in pvp -

I am new to the Death game and to PvP, I picked up beguile and added it to my deck but haven't quite been able to figure out how it will benefit me or even further, how its mechanics are applied.

So can someone explain how beguile works for me?

An example - I used it, and when it was my opponent's turn, he cast tower, I was guessing that that spell would be given to me rather than to him as it says opponent helps you for 1 round - but his tower stayed with him. Then on the following turn, I could not attack or cast a spell on my opponent, only on myself, and my opponent passed...

So, help!

Thanks for the advice in advance...

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
slap13 wrote:
Heyas everyone,

I am new to the Death game and to PvP, I picked up beguile and added it to my deck but haven't quite been able to figure out how it will benefit me or even further, how its mechanics are applied.

An example - I used it, and when it was my opponent's turn, he cast tower, I was guessing that that spell would be given to me rather than to him as it says opponent helps you for 1 round - but his tower stayed with him. Then on the following turn, I could not attack or cast a spell on my opponent, only on myself, and my opponent passed...

So, help!

hello i dont have a death first off the spell you are talking about is what i feel to be a very cheap spell and not fair and many people will look down on you if you use it ok just to help you and not hate on you for being death its a spell you need to use when the other team hit your team with like rebirth storm lord nova tempest frostgiant fire dragon and some others it takes there hit and turns it on there team and your team is safe from the person that was beguiled it dont work if they only use a single hit like judgment or stormzilla or a shield or a single person heal or going 2nd lol lol lol well it still works going 2nd but it takes a little more skill to use it death is a great school and that card make death people look very bad in my eyes the truth is i dont play with death people in the arena that is a sad thing to say all over that card to me you would be a better player and make way way more friends without beguile but it is a death card and you worked for the right to use it just like a storm with wild bolt and balance with judgment i hope this helps some

scot deathhammer grandmaster storm warlord x 2
scot deathhammer grandmaster balance warlord
scot deathhammer grandmaster fire warlord
scot deathhammer lvl 18 ice warlord
morgrim grandmaster myth warlord x 2
kane noob life :? noob

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
what beguile does is makes the target help you for only ONE round. it's very effective though. it was used on me once and i skeletal pirated my teammate. i hope this helps. :)

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Defender
May 30, 2009
Beguile is a spell that when your opponant cast an all hit spell it reverses and hits his own team. People will call you all sorts of names for using this in pvp but don't let it bother you. You learned the spell and earned the right to use it how you wish. If it looks like they are about to hit with something like Storm Lord or Frost Giant, use it then. (by the way, it helps if you know how many pips it takes to cast these spells) Anyway, this only works if you go first in a duel. If you go second then all they have to do is pass until it isn't effective anymore. And, yes, you cannot attack that person till the effects are done. Essentially that person is on your team and you wouldn't be attacking your own team mates would you? Hope that helps some and don't let people talk you out of using in pvp. It's a very handy spell to have in your deck and like I said before, you earned the right to use it at will.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
sar82 wrote:
slap13 wrote:
Heyas everyone,

So, help!

hello i dont have a death first off the spell you are talking about is what i feel to be a very cheap spell and not fair and many people will look down on you if you use it ok just to help you and not hate on you for being death its a spell you need to use when the other team hit your team with like rebirth storm lord nova tempest frostgiant fire dragon and some others it takes there hit and turns it on there team and your team is safe from the person that was beguiled it dont work if they only use a single hit like judgment or stormzilla or a shield or a single person heal or going 2nd lol lol lol well it still works going 2nd but it takes a little more skill to use it death is a great school and that card make death people look very bad in my eyes the truth is i dont play with death people in the arena that is a sad thing to say all over that card to me you would be a better player and make way way more friends without beguile but it is a death card and you worked for the right to use it just like a storm with wild bolt and balance with judgment i hope this helps some

dude why are all your guys warlords? I cant get past the sergeant one and i get there then get killed. tell me how to be a warlord

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
3RDSense wrote:
what beguile does is makes the target help you for only ONE round. it's very effective though. it was used on me once and i skeletal pirated my teammate. i hope this helps. :)
well was it in pvp? Because then it should work on opponents. Hmmm

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Thanks for the information and advice.

Whether or not I will use it is one thing, that is a discussion for another thread - what I am trying to ascertain is its mechanics...

Does it work directly following my spell if I am first or is it made to work in the following round?

Does it work if my opponent casts a single target spell, or like sar82 said, only if they aoe?

I have tried it once in PvP, 1 on 1, and I was first, I cast it, my opponent cast a tower, the icon for the tower was applied to my opponent and not to me, and then the next round my opponent passed. Also, adding to the confusion, when the next round came, my opponent passed, and I could not cast an attack - only a self buff...

What in the world?

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
asutton75 wrote:
Beguile is a spell that when your opponant cast an all hit spell it reverses and hits his own team. People will call you all sorts of names for using this in pvp but don't let it bother you. You learned the spell and earned the right to use it how you wish. If it looks like they are about to hit with something like Storm Lord or Frost Giant, use it then. (by the way, it helps if you know how many pips it takes to cast these spells) Anyway, this only works if you go first in a duel. If you go second then all they have to do is pass until it isn't effective anymore. And, yes, you cannot attack that person till the effects are done. Essentially that person is on your team and you wouldn't be attacking your own team mates would you? Hope that helps some and don't let people talk you out of using in pvp. It's a very handy spell to have in your deck and like I said before, you earned the right to use it at will.

Ah, now I am beginning to see.
It only effects your opponent if they are casting a multi-target attack.

Hrm, so then if my opponent has it cast upon them and they cast a buff or a self heal or a single target attack, then those still succeed for my opponent...

And then the following round, since they didn't cast a multi-target attack, they can still buff themselves but not do anything to me as they are technically on my team that round. It seems to almost be a mini-stun (saving for the fact that they can still buff) - an attack relief spell if you will.

Not sure how this would be terrific in 1 on 1 PvP. Seems like it would only be a good idea to cast it on schools with big multi-target attacks. Tempest, Dragon, etc... And even then, I know on my fire toon I don't use Dragon as often as Helephant.

Hrm.

So, no good if you go second and maybe only sometimes good if you go first against a school that uses huge multi-target attacks? Seems a little awkward to me.

D'oh.

Unless I still don't get it, set me straight if I am off please...

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
It works well if they throw up a minion. The timing has to be right ot be most effective. Cast it on a minion when they have 3 or 4 pips built up and they will cast they spell on the wizard that cast them. If you hit them with one pip, then you stand to only benefit by them passing as they would of with their own caster. Thats not worth 3 pips IMO. I have never had it work by using it on the player and have their own spell damage them. The most it will do is effect like stun where they cant attack you for a round, but you cant attack them either so its not worth it.

Great for getting their minions to help you for one round or as many of them as you stacked into your deck.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Beguile, umm I know it pretty well. It makes you attack your own teammate for 1 or 2 rounds at least. Beguile can also make you shield, blade, or heal an enemy. If somebody casts it when I use rebirth or unicorn it makes me heal the enemy they casted it on even if it wasn't casted on me which I though was kinda funny. Beguile only works if you go second I think or maybe the other way around, correct me if I was wrong.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster thuergist

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
i1ikepie wrote:
3RDSense wrote:
well was it in pvp? Because then it should work on opponents. Hmmm

yes it was PvP when that happened.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
i1ikepie wrote:
sar82 wrote:
slap13 wrote:
Heyas everyone,

So, help!

dude why are all your guys warlords? I cant get past the sergeant one and i get there then get killed. tell me how to be a warlord
you cant never give up and never stop trying and in time you will be more then just a warlord it has took me a long time to get all my chards to warlord and a very long time to get my storm and myth in the 2000 rank maybe its i have so many i kinda know what they can do i play a lot lot i am always at the arena so if you see me let me know maybe we could team up the best of luck you

scot deathhammer

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Can you use beguile on a spell that only hits one person? Noobs always bolt me. Its fun to see them run out of bolts cuz
of
simultaneous healing and
storm shield, but i really want to see someone bolt their
partner
my team was dying once, and i beguiled a life person right when he uses rebirth
kinda noobish, but heck, sure did turn the table!!

Hero
May 02, 2009
firehunter203 wrote:
Can you use beguile on a spell that only hits one person? Noobs always bolt me. Its fun to see them run out of bolts cuz
of
simultaneous healing and
storm shield, but i really want to see someone bolt their
partner
my team was dying once, and i beguiled a life person right when he uses rebirth
kinda noobish, but heck, sure did turn the table!!

I did something similar today (not complaining).

My team was me, 2 balance grands, and a magus or master myth, and our opponents were 2 life and 2 fire (rookies).

Anyway, I beguiled one of the life wizards, and the next turn after that, the spell that she picked was unicorn (because of beguile we could see what spell she picked.) Now we were thinking that the unicorn spell was gonna heal us, since she was beguiled, but to our suprise, the unicorn healed her team and not ours. We still won, but still it caught us by suprise that the unicorn didn't heal our team.

Off topic note: the battle lasted quite a while, mainly because of the fizzles on our team, even though we went first.